Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cross-Save, free Double Platinum?

This is a discussion on Cross-Save, free Double Platinum? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i may get that game just for the free platinum! shit i aint scairt....

Since Aug. 09

i may get that game just for the free platinum! shit i aint scairt.

Dominate!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    If you went out to buy a vita I think you kinda deserve double plats.
    So now we're getting free trophies just for paying money? Doesn't sound any better than paying someone else to get the trophies for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The point of cross-save is to put down your game on the PS3 and pick it up again on the Vita, and vise-versa. It's your choice to play a game entirely on one platform then sync it across to the other.
    Exactly, and I want to do Cross-Save. I think that's an awesome feature. But why can't the trophy list just be one trophy list? Why should we get more trophies just for Cross-Saving?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Look I forked over the $300 for my vita and honestly I have been waiting for something good like this. Lets be honest the vita needed better games and the cross save feature is great. So you are complaining about getting two plats for the price and time of one? Do you also complain when you get a buy one get one free deal at a local store? Some people just arent happy inless they are complaining. Thank you sony for this wonderful trophy hunter present!

Lvl 4 - Silver

kinda strange i think, but whatever

♚ Overlord ♔

Quote Originally Posted by rogerskyle1987 View Post
    Look I forked over the $300 for my vita and honestly I have been waiting for something good like this. Lets be honest the vita needed better games and the cross save feature is great. So you are complaining about getting two plats for the price and time of one? Do you also complain when you get a buy one get one free deal at a local store? Some people just arent happy inless they are complaining. Thank you sony for this wonderful trophy hunter present!
    Thank you someone understands

Lvl 7 - Gold

think of it like work...

if you get payed double than what you should... would you complain? No... youre just getting double for what you worked for.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Retired

So now you're comparing pixels to work?

Kid, not loser

I like how they did it with PSAS though, as it allowed me to play it twice and earn double. I liked Sound Shapes way of doing it too, as I was able to just play it once.

If you don't want to do it, DON'T DO IT. Play the game twice and earn it twice if you want. If you want 2 at once play it once. Be happy they're giving us an option and quite complaining about something completely avoidable for yourself.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's lame and they should have shared list. Error by Sony to allow this.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by a_random_dude View Post
    It's lame and they should have shared list. Error by Sony to allow this.
    It was done on purpose to encourage trophy enthusiasts to purchase a Vita. It is in no way an 'error', this was all planned.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

The One and Only

I'm not at all against it.

Sure it may seem cheap, but why would you have to do everything twice to obtain the same platinum, if you did everything already? Of course you have the option to do that, but if you've earned the trophies already, then I don't see why you can't have them again when switching platforms.

Example, I got a very, very time consuming trophy that I worked hard to get on the PS3. The game I got it from is also available on the Vita, and I can cross-save to get all of the trophies I earned on the PS3 version, including that time consuming trophy. Would spending the excessive amount of time to get the same trophy I already earned worth it? I say no. Besides, they're just trophies, it's not like they cause any harm to anything anyway.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Honestly I could care less
    but people will do what they wanna do

Heres my take on this topic
    so you have the game on ps3 and you plat the game
    Then you decide to buy the same game for a handheld but say hey I rather not get the trophies given to me automatically
    so now the question is did you buy the game because you enjoyed it and like to play on the go
    or did you simply buy it because it has more trophies to offer?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

In fact more games should do it. If anyone here has platted Metal Gear Solid 2 they'll know how insane and hard are the last VR Missions, if it had cross-double Plat (it doesn't) it'd be crazy not to use it. There are just some crazy hard trophies I'd never ever do again, and you've done that hard work already, regardless of the platform.

Get the fun ones, cross-save the ones where you have to work.

Indie Game Developer

For me, my trophies show what I've accomplished in my games. If I have a trophy, then there is some action I did to earn it. If I have two trophies for one action, that to me feels like cheating, and lowers my perceived value of every other trophy I've earned, because when you look at my trophy count/level, it's a lie. I don't ask others to adopt the same opinion as me, but I have almost 5 years of gaming invested in my profile and to me "double platinums" or "cross save platinums" are a HUGE tarnish on a collection, in the same league as hacked or bought platinums. That's why I'll never be able to play sound shapes or MotorStorm RC on my PS3.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    I have almost 5 years of gaming invested in my profile and to me "double platinums" or "cross save platinums" are a HUGE tarnish on a collection, in the same league as hacked or bought platinums.
    3 Demon's Souls platinums = hacked SOCOM platinum

Sounds legit.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    3 Demon's Souls platinums = hacked SOCOM platinum

Sounds legit.
    No no no that's not what I mean. I'm strictly talking about these "free" double platinums, via cross save. If you have to work for a platinum each time, there's nothing wrong with that. I even got the NFS:MW platinum on Vita, and I'm working on my second go through on PS3, since it's not a cross save game with separate lists.

To make it simpler, my opinion on trophies is this: If there is a trophy on your account that you have unlocked that you did not specifically unlock for yourself, it is a false representation of your abilities, and your trophy count/level becomes less meaningful.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    If you don't want to do it, DON'T DO IT. Play the game twice and earn it twice if you want. If you want 2 at once play it once. Be happy they're giving us an option and quite complaining about something completely avoidable for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerskyle1987 View Post
    I don't own a vita, but I do agree with this^^ Why bitch about something that purely optional and free to do? Some people are too ungrateful for getting free things.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    To make it simpler, my opinion on trophies is this: If there is a trophy on your account that you have unlocked that you did not specifically unlock for yourself, it is a false representation of your abilities, and your trophy count/level becomes less meaningful.
    But you did unlock it yourself just on another console first, it's implemented so that you can continue where you left off on the home console

And representation of your abilities? This isn't the Olympics lol
    who cares about trophy levels when the top 100 players or so are all hackers on the leader boards

So what about those who used an exploit to get a trophy easier ie the last of us difficulty trophies
    uncharted 2, tweak exploit on another playthrough not finished
    tomb raider, the shopaholic glitch
    Does it really tarnish Abilities when the only thing youve given the game is time?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Bob 'n' Becca

I'm all for it. So far I haven't utilise the feature, but I could at any time with Sound Shapes. I also bought Motostorm RC with the intention o taking advantage of the extra platinum. I do appreciate how some folks here are against it, but aren't necessarily being judgemental towards those who support it.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

So much energy expended on this topic. It's giving me a headache.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast