Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cross-Save, free Double Platinum?

This is a discussion on Cross-Save, free Double Platinum? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Shuklar So much energy expended on this topic. It's giving me a headache. Im surprised to see ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    So much energy expended on this topic. It's giving me a headache.
    Im surprised to see it reawakened myself. But, I'd be remissed if I didn't chime in.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Why waste another 30 hrs of your life for a make belief reward? I have 120 plats that I work hard for.. I would never do something this stupid as to replay a long game like Sly Cooper, where I basically repeat the same acts. Is the second one anymore a showcasing of your talent?... no, because you just did it a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyCooperFan1 View Post
    What do you guys think of games like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time offering the cross-save functionality and letting you earn a second Platinum immediately if you earned it on the other platform?

Personally, I think it's cheap. I have the Sly 4 PS3 Platinum, but I'm probably going to use Cross-Save after I earn the Vita Platinum legitimately. I don't think Cross-Save should exist unless there was only one trophy list. It's just too easy to get a second Platinum without doing any work.

PRO Member

So I have a question in regards to all this cross save functionality. I didn't want to create a new thread so I figured I would ask here. But first to answer the OP's question. I really don't mind the double plat. Mainly because I didn't know this was possible until I read this thread a few days ago haha. I never utilized the cross save function, and actually finished all of death mode on my Vita, and half of it on PS3 (for Sound Shapes). So knowing I don't have to stress about the remaining ones is nice. Also because I am cheap lol. This actually leads into my question. When I activate the cross save on my Vita and go onto the PS3, all the remainder trophies started to pop, all the way to platinum. This was a few days ago and I have recently played Sound Shapes on my Vita, and now when I check my trophies it took away my plat from the PS3 version. Wondering why this is? Did I mess something up with the cross game save? I am at work now and I will sync the saves again when I get home to see what happens. Just a little odd.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I agree with some of the users here that are saying theres nothing wrong with it. Your playing the same EXACT game. Thats what cross-buy is for. The EXACT game. Getting both plats doesn't mean much. I mean if I switched over from Vita to PS3 to Vita to PS3 and I finally got the plat on both systems, would you still say I was wrong?? Like others said, nobody wants to replay the game over and over just to get the exact same trophies, especially trophies that are down right annoying.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't mind the double trophies but strange thing is that you don't have the choice with motorstorm rc. The trophies seem to sync automatically when i start up the ps3 so even when i wanted to, i can't play it twice...
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Motorstorm RC

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Cheap And Unprofessional An Insult To Every Real Gamer out there

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Finally bought a Vita. How do I avoid double free platinums for cross save games? I am a plus member so doesn't it auto update my save-files to the cloud? If I can earn something 2x Ill do it but I do not want to "earn" something by getting a freebie for turning my game on. Nothing against those who do, but Ill fire off the same trophies 2 or even 3x if I have the ability to. But I want to actually earn them. Z

Lvl 4 - Silver

Not all games give you the trophies straight away (For example sound shapes). But if you definitely don't want to unlock the trophies when you sign in then staying offline when you play the game should work, Can't auto update the save if you're not online right? (Not sure how to get round it for online play though.)

Hardcore!!!

Sorry for bumping this thread but I would like to say what I would like to.

Sound Shapes. cengizbobengiz said how I feel:
    Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Because I don't want to do Death Mode twice.
    My thumb still hurts after doing 13 Death Mode levels in a row last night and I was able to get the platinum earlier today.

I know Sly 4 and Motorstorm RC are two more that have the cross-save double platinum yet I want to know what other games besides these three have the cross-save double platinums.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hmm, glad this was bumped up, cause it's a nice read, fun discussion.
    I agree and disagree with both sides.
    Here's something to think about:

a lot of games have trophies kinda like these :

bronze - finish the game on easy difficulty
    silver - finish the game on normal difficulty
    gold - finish the game on hard difficulty

And a lot of those are stacking, so if you finish the game on hard, first off, then you will also get the silver and bronze trophies.
    Is that fair? Did you earn them?
    Can someone, that finished the game on easy, then normal and finally hard mode, say that he earned those trophies more then you?

It's a small example compared to a double plat, but still...

I like the game Dragon's Crown very much, if Diablo 3 didn't came out, it would be my 1st best game of 2013. I like the game so much, that when i bought my Vita a few weeks ago, i decided to buy Dragon's Crown AGAIN for my Vita. I figured at first that i could earn those trophies again and was a little disappointed when i found out the trophylist was shared. I mean, i bought the game twice and expected 2 trophy lists.
    This example is the opposite of sound shapes, where you can get 2 plats for the price of 1 (cross-buy), this game Dragon's Crown has 1 plat for the price of 2...
    It should be the other way around, 2 plats for Dragon's Crown, 1 plat for sound shapes, would be more fair

But the trophylists are playing games with us trophyhunters and thus we must play back, on hard mode!
    I will take my revenge and USE that Cross-save trick in sound shapes to get my trophies!
    (Hear me, i can't even get through the normal campaign, so i haven't earned a single trophy yet...)
    I might even buy Sly Cooper and, playing as the thief that he is, steal that double plat!

I will never cheat or hack trophies, but this, i will do...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I wouldn't mind the plat, but I dont really agree with it

Hardcore!!!

I just thought of it.

I am enjoying Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time on the Vita and I plan on using the PS3 to do any clean up work (as in doing the trophies without losing what is needed for the trophy). The Safes are being cracked via PS3/Vita AR Treasures (which will be used to get the treasures after finishing the game), and switching between the PS3 and Vita for the arcade machines, if need be.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123