Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cross-Save, free Double Platinum?

This is a discussion on Cross-Save, free Double Platinum? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What do you guys think of games like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time offering the cross-save functionality ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cross-Save, free Double Platinum?

What do you guys think of games like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time offering the cross-save functionality and letting you earn a second Platinum immediately if you earned it on the other platform?

Personally, I think it's cheap. I have the Sly 4 PS3 Platinum, but I'm probably going to use Cross-Save after I earn the Vita Platinum legitimately. I don't think Cross-Save should exist unless there was only one trophy list. It's just too easy to get a second Platinum without doing any work.

Death is Awaiting....

I don't mind it. It's something that's featured, so why not use it? Yeah, it may be a free plat, but who cares. You earned it legitimately in the first place. So I say you can get a break and get a relaxing free plat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah, you may have earned one of the Platinums, but does that really automatically entitle you to the other? Your hard work paid off for one, but not the other. Besides, they ARE two different systems you'd be getting it on.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SlyCooperFan1 View Post
    Yeah, you may have earned one of the Platinums, but does that really automatically entitle you to the other? Your hard work paid off for one, but not the other. Besides, they ARE two different systems you'd be getting it on.
    because i love doing the same exact thing twice because im on a diffrent platform.

Legalize it...

Ill take the free trophies. But, I agree. I think its pointless. It doesnt matter if its auto pop trophies like the games you mentioned or earn it twice like PS AS BR. There just isnt a need for it IMO. They should just share 1 list like Retro City Rampage & Bentleys Hackpack, and let you have the option to play on PS3, then Vita, then go back to the PS3 etc...

Lvl 7 - Gold

people complaining about getting 2 platinums for the work of one.

This is why aliens don't contact us.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    people complaining about getting 2 platinums for the work of one.

This is why aliens don't contact us.
    Lol. Im not complaining. I just dont see the point in it...

Angel of Death

Because I don't want to do Death Mode twice.

Change is mediocre

Yeah you've done all the requirements once, proving that you could do it, might as well get another platinum. Plus, there's no way to avoid it. If you plat it on your PS3 games like Motorstorm RC just automatically cross-save.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SlyCooperFan1 View Post
    What do you guys think of games like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time offering the cross-save functionality and letting you earn a second Platinum immediately if you earned it on the other platform?

Personally, I think it's cheap. I have the Sly 4 PS3 Platinum, but I'm probably going to use Cross-Save after I earn the Vita Platinum legitimately. I don't think Cross-Save should exist unless there was only one trophy list. It's just too easy to get a second Platinum without doing any work.
    I agree. I feel like I don't deserve the trophies and that it should be one shared trophy list.

PRO Member

I personally wouldn't do it

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I dont like it and wont use it.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Cipher sent us to hell

I see it as legitimate, since I did the work anyways. Also, I like to think of it as Sony's incentive to trophy hunters to purchase games on a platform you may not have had considered. I personally like that I can work on my trophies during my breaks at work.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Buy my book, Alteration

I mean, I did the work, do I have to do it a second time just to prove I did?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    I mean, I did the work, do I have to do it a second time just to prove I did?
    I don't think Cross-Save should exist unless there was only one trophy list.

♚ Overlord ♔

If you went out to buy a vita I think you kinda deserve double plats. We went out to buy a really pricy system so having some perks is just natural. Why not use it? It doesn't hurt anyone and your not hacking so were all good right? If you plat something it's really possible you'll do it again, double plats just speeds up the process. If you plat sound shapes then you'll understand, why would any person wanna play DEATH MODE TWICE?! Double plats are exclusive only for vita users like free games for PS+ members so why not abuse them?

Lvl 6 - Silver

If it makes you feel better I've been playing it legit on both systems. and plan to plat it twice. Very enjoyable game so far.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Negator

This seems like a total non-issue.

If you think it's cheap, then don't copy your damn save to a new platform. If you prefer to be efficient with your time, copy the damn save file.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

illegal in 9 countries

The point of cross-save is to put down your game on the PS3 and pick it up again on the Vita, and vise-versa. It's your choice to play a game entirely on one platform then sync it across to the other.

Let's also not forget that cross-buy means we pay once and get the game on two platforms, so not only do we potentially get a free , we get it for a free game.

I don't see any reason to complain about Sony's PS3 <> Vita strategy. There'd be more of an outcry if we had to pay for and play the same game twice.

Regional Manager of War

I like the idea of being able to play a game and than continue it on my vita but I personally wouldn't do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast