Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So i bought a white PSVITA AC III Liberation bundle.

This is a discussion on So i bought a white PSVITA AC III Liberation bundle. within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; And so i practically ran all the way back home from the local post office as it arrived from US. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So i bought a white PSVITA AC III Liberation bundle.

And so i practically ran all the way back home from the local post office as it arrived from US. Unboxed with trembling hands, and here it is. A sexy white piece of hardware with AC III game. At first i was really excited. But as a person who plays videogames at night (mostly) i got really really disappointed of how the device works and looks in the dark.
    So first off, the OLED screen looks just ugly if dark images are displayed on it. (heres an example)

2. White VITA has its blue glow all around the device which may look cool at first but then it gets annoying along with this stupid PS button burning your eyes and blinking when the battery is out of charge. I just kept thinking of my old PSP which was so comfortable to use at night.
    3. Start/select/PS buttons that are way too tight. It is a real pain in the arse to pause the game if youre in a rush. Seriously, how could Sony fork up with things like that?
    4. The game that comes in a bundle. Oh boy do i hate this piece of crap. Not to mention the game and all of its content are mediocre, the game manages to look much uglier than any above average PSP title, more than that it manages to run at 15 FPS most of the time. Seriously? And man just look at that Uncharted Golden Abyss, looks like some 16 bit 3D game. Both games look like 'meh..' and have a very frustrating gameplay.
    5. If you ever decide to take a break of the tiring Uncharted game after 5 hours of gameplay and free the space on your tiny memcard - you're doomed. The game's savedata gets REMOVED COMPLETELY along with the game itself. There is NO cloud sync and NO possibility to back up your savedata on your PC with one push of a button. Here, backup the whole console/game instead, if you have 30-40 minutes of spare time of course.
    6. The screen's brightness cant be adjusted for a comfortable using in the dark. Even on the lowest brightness level it still burns your eyes. I remember my PSP screen which could get twice as darker than this.
    7. OS. Oh yes. The console is 1 year old now but it feels like youre using some kind of a beta hardware/software. It is bugger to use, the main menu touch controls are not responsive at all, sometimes you have to flick the screen twice to finally switch to the desired page. And they even force us to use touch controls in games like MGS2. IT IS A COMPLETELY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE.
    -------------------------------------------
    With that being said - yes. The console was made for exclusive JRPGs like Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea and Soul Sacrifice. Yes, it is still new and devs have no idea how to use its capabilities right. But hell, it's been a year since you released it, and now all the devs can think of are next-gen consoles. VITA will remain in the shadows forever. I cant wait for my P4G to arrive from amazon. Going to sell this overpriced piece of hardware right after i plat it.

Yet the tiny slim PSP is a lot more enjoyable to use. With soft start/select buttons, adjustable screen brightness to fit anyones needs, proper OS and better design. Not to mention the game library and memory cards prices.

My verdict so far: DONT BUY THIS CONSOLE unless you really, REALLY want to play that P4G. I am happy with my Vita as long as im playing PSP titles and games like Rayman Origins on it. But games like AC III, Uncharted and Unit 13 - are just frustrating.

My about.me page: http://about.me/horizoniki

PRO Member

i loved playing AC on the vita........... found nothing wrong with the handling.........
    i am currently playing Black Ops on it... and this game is fucking horrible on the handling.....
    i love my white vita... im glad i got this one rather than the black one............... other than black ops........ i haven't found anything worth complaining over the vita yet............

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

PS VITA, sony's Gamegear lol..seriously that pic looks awful i cancelled my preorder for the vita and was glad i did after so many reviews and lack of titles i like for it

my ps3 keeps me happy enough and yes the only thing i would buy a vita for is P4G and some JPN imports which some should be localized because they seem more fun and better than what we got now
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

truthfully i brought my ps vita for the upcoming "Phantasy star Online 2 " that's coming supposedly this year. it already dropped in Japan............
    thought of importing it... but ill patiently wait for it............. besides that......... AC caught me into getting the vita sooner............
    but i agree with you, Secret, it does have a lack of titles at the moment......
    but they do have a list of games coming this year that will make it more worth while........... like "Soul Sacrifice" and more...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Jace227 View Post
    i loved playing AC on the vita........... found nothing wrong with the handling.........
    i am currently playing Black Ops on it... and this game is fucking horrible on the handling.....
    i love my white vita... im glad i got this one rather than the black one............... other than black ops........ i haven't found anything worth complaining over the vita yet............
    Right now im thinking of buying that Golf game everyone's braggin about, because nothing managed to keep me playing yet (except UMVC3). and i never liked/played golf before. lulz. but i have to amuse myself with this vita until my P4G arrives.

Angel of Death

Agreed on the AC part. The game is trash, but I enjoy my Vita.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i thought that was a broken Vita before reading; lol.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    i thought that was a broken Vita before reading; lol.
    I did as well. Look like a P.O.S
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Since Aug. 09

looks like that vita was rode hard and put away wet before you bought it. you buy it brand new or used?

Dominate!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    looks like that vita was rode hard and put away wet before you bought it. you buy it brand new or used?
    Brand new & sealed. Most of VITAs have this issue, its the OLED techonoly's issue and cause by laziness of sony entertainment and improper use of clay.
    So i guess i've finally found something catchy to spend time with until P4G arrives. Gravity Rush seems to be it. I dont know about LBP VITA yet. However all these VITA's launch games seem to be rushed/forced. I guess we just have to wait for more exclusive jRPGs since this is what, in my opinion, PSP and PSVITA are made for and fit this role perfectly. It's a complete frustration to play anything but jRPGs on this console. I bought myself umvc3 and MK9 and cant play em at all. Maybe because of the arrows pad buttons being so tiny..

VitaUnlocked

Vita isn't that bad. Screen is better than you say it is. Posting from it now.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by horizoNiki View Post
    Brand new & sealed. Most of VITAs have this issue, its the OLED techonoly's issue and cause by laziness of sony entertainment and improper use of clay.
    Youre the first person I've ever heard with a problem like this.

Would like to know erhe you got your stats from or if its one of those made up things people like to add to make something look bad
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

PRO Member

I have not experienced any technical problems with my Vita, except for one. After firmware updates, I have to restart my router for my Vita to connect to my home wi-fi. I know you took the picture in the dark, but that Vita doesn't even look white. And I thought AC: Liberation was piece of garbage, but other games I've played like UC:GA and Gravity Rush have been great.
    Last edited by MatCauthon; 02-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

this guy is obviously trolling.

VitaUnlocked

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I have not experienced any technical problems with my Vita, except for one. After firmware updates, I have to restart my router for my Vita to connect to my home wi-fi. I know you took the picture in the dark, but that Vita doesn't even look white. And I thought AC: Liberation was piece of garbage, but other games I've placed like UC:GA and Gravity Rush have been great.
    UC:GA is amazing. Same for gravity rush.

VitaUnlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post

Would like to know erhe you got your stats from or if its one of those made up things people like to add to make something look bad
    Probably made it up. Also never had problems. Never heard of issues either.

PRO Member

1. Not really sure how you got your screen to look like that as mine does not.
    2. Again, mine doesn't have a "blue glow" around it either.
    3. Seriously!? Just being a bit picky now
    4. In my opinion Liberation looks pretty good for a handheld game. Buggy yes bad graphics no
    5. There is a cloud option for ps+ members
    6. I don't play in darkness so I wouldn't know. It's bad on your eyes btw
    7. Personal opinion.... I think you got a bad vita. Mine responds fine
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Since Aug. 09

lol im going with #7

Dominate!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post

Perhaps you could use some google..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    this guy is obviously trolling.
    except i would never consider wasting my time with writing such a wall of text just for trolling purposes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast