the 3G vita Gets a price cut, but only at some sony stores. Also the 3G model is Discontinued

This is a discussion on the 3G vita Gets a price cut, but only at some sony stores. Also the 3G model is Discontinued within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PS Vita News: US Sony stores cut Vita price by $100 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com The majority of Sony stores across the ...

INTJ

the 3G vita Gets a price cut, but only at some sony stores. Also the 3G model is Discontinued

PS Vita News: US Sony stores cut Vita price by $100 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

The majority of Sony stores across the US have reportedly dropped the price of the 3G Vita from $299.99 to $199.97.

The bundle includes the handheld, an 8GB memory card and a voucher for a free PSN game if you sign up for data coverage.

Employees at Denver, New Jersey and Las Vegas Sony stores told Joystiq that the 3G Vita model is being discontinued. We've asked Sony for comment.

The report says select Sony outlets have yet to lower the Vita's price and the firm hasn't cut the price online. An employee at one store said the sale was only a short-term offer, while others thought it could be permanent.

Vita sales rocketed in Japan during the week ended March 3, thanks in no small part to the Vita price cut introduced in Sony's home country on February 28.

Asked last month whether a similar Vita price cut is planned outside of Japan, a SCE UK representative told us: "The price cut announced is for the SCE Japan region only and we have nothing to announce at this time regarding pricing within the our own region."

"oh cool ill just look up my closest sony store and see if-"

"oh, ok."

Breakfast and Chill

Cool there's one in Tampa (23 miles away)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Cool there's one in Tampa (23 miles away)
    whats the point of having a store for your products if your more than 10 miles away from the people that want to go there.

unless your a gimmick shop like the angry birds bullshit and whatever the hell disney world has lately

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    whats the point of having a store for your products if your more than 10 miles away from the people that want to go there.

unless your a gimmick shop like the angry birds bullshit and whatever the hell disney world has lately
    The nearest Sony store to where I am is 45 miles away, but hey, it could be worse. The nearest Nintendo store is all the way in New York. Any comments on that?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

They've been $199 (were $298) for a wifi model at EBgames here for a few weeks now the guy at the store said it was getting a price reduction overall so who knows.

EDIT:
    Three sony stores in/around Melbourne aparently, never even knew we had them 72 kilometers to the nearest one for me.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

We used to have 3 in our city last year but now they're all gone. Next nearest one is about an hour+ away. SONY has lost plenty of money with their stores and are kinda pointless to spend extra money when people do most of their purchases at other better known big box stores. Two of the stores were in malls in my city and the rent was close to 95,000 a month + the employees = stupid business. I'll probably wait for the PS4 to come out to get my PS Vita cause SONY may offer a bundle or if an amazing deal comes along.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hopefully a UK price drop coming soon

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Last Sony store I saw was the one on Conroy Rd. in Orlando... In a high-tag mall, just doors down from Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Williams-Sonoma, Bose, Coach, Chanel, Gucci, Cartier... you get the picture...