Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Q: Get a Vita now... or wait?

This is a discussion on Q: Get a Vita now... or wait? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; get the white one...

  1. #21
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    SirWaWa's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    142
    Reputation
    1

    get the white one

  2. #22
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Oh and Playstation Toilet Paper? Go on then!
    I'm actually working on that one. No joke. I'll post pics of the first one I got for Christmas in an un-related post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krysta91 View Post
    I love my vita, i use it all the time. Really it's gonna come down to how much you want one. If you really really want one you're not gonna care and you'll just go buy one. If you're iffy about one obviously you're gonna wait until you feel comfortable with buying one. Or maybe that's just my silly logic kicking in again
    Yay silly logic! Or 2 Jack & Coke's and my 3rd beer...

    Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    I would wait as others have said before buying one.

    Like with the PSP, I waited several years for their to be a catalog of games.

    Also CFW.
    Reaffirming my idea. And CFW = awesomeness. It looked great on my bro's PSP (but he hated it), and there's a reason I jailbroke every Android I owned and my iPhone I have now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    If you have Plus, you'll be getting lots of free stuff to get you started. Plus, most of the "awaited" titles have finally released and lots of other apps are out too. It's a great handheld and I personally use it almost daily.
    Oh, and Playstation toilet paper you say?
    Good point... But I like the price drop concept as well... And I think I could make a KILLING on PSTP now...

    Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    If this is true I will be getting a Vita. another $150-200 on top of the PS4 is good for me.
    My logic: i'm gonna spent it anyway, let's hope for that price cut!

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    if you're a PlayStation Plus member it's even better... WRC3... fantastic version of the game... I'm sure there will be a GT Vita at some point as well...
    Now only if NASCAR had a good Vita game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yeah don't buy one now, wait till the PS4 launch, where it will almost definitely get a price-drop.
    I'll be buying one with my PS4 for three reasons:
    1) Cross-play between the Vita and PS4
    2) There are plenty of great games available for the Vita already, most of which I've gotten for free from PS+
    3) There's a large backlog of PSP games that I've always wanted to play but never did, like Daxter and Monster Hunter.
    Looks like my logic all around!

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    I'm pretty satisfied... In terms of racing games you've got NFS:MW... Wipeout and Motorstorm... You've also got a couple of other racing games that probably aren't going to be big hits... Sonic Racing, Asphalt Injection (good imo but not the best graphics) and Ridge Racer. Plenty to keep you occupied.

    In terms of FPS... Resistance: Burning Skies... If you're the kind of guy that plays an FPS game on both Normal and Hard, you'll get about 10 hours out of it. If you're into the multiplayer I'm sure you'll find a lot more...CoD:BOD... campaign was only an hour long. For a $60 game it's not really acceptable, but if you're only in it for the multiplayer this is the game to get... Killzone: Mercenaries... you never know... developers of these games have been cutting corners all over the place... As it stand now though there may not be much incentive to buy a vita for FPS.

    Other great games available for the vita that I have played include:
    1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    2. Rayman Origins
    3. LittleBigPlanet Vita
    4. Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
    5. New Little Kings Story (if you just want to relax with an easy game with a fun atmosphere).
    6. Gravity Rush (starts of slow but really picks up in a few hours).
    I'm a sucker for niche racing games. Jimmie Johnson's Anything With An Engine? All the fun of a lawnmower race without the hangover from a dive bar bender the night before. But that takes all the fun out of it, come to think of it... I digress...

    FPS on Vita, I'd aim for campaign modes. Unless i'm REALLY bored of it's just that dang interesting. I've got cable internet at home for my PS3 for a reason.

    Awesome insight though, thanks!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Given the choice of spending my money on a PSV or an iPad, I think I'd rather just get kicked in the balls.
    Been there, done that, not fun. Puked twice and limped to my truck. Wrestling commentators get involved sometimes too...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    I've got both an iPad and a Vita and now I wouldn't want to be without either of them.

    The iPad is so much more practical for internet browsing and general email duties than a laptop for example; by the time the laptop has booted up you can have done whatever you wanted online with the iPad and got back to whatever you were doing before. As has been said, new versions of the iPad do get churned out quite often, but the differences between them are so slight you would hardly notice until a few models down the line.

    As for the Vita, I picked mine up in the Black Friday sales before Christmas last year and then promptly did nothing with it for nearly two months. Now though I wouldn't be without it, Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Solid all for free from PS+ so far and some interesting new stuff coming next month for free as well. You really don't need to spend any money on games for the Vita if you don't want to, just enjoy the generosity of Sony and get to experience games you might not normally try, for free!
    See, that's what I'm afraid of... Buying a $200 paperweight. Worst case, if I do get it and I'm not impressed, they still have a good resale value.

    Quote Originally Posted by spanishstoat View Post
    Buy a vita, there are tons of great games and I am sure you will find something you like.

    btw I am always on my vita and am a slight fanboy of it
    Kudos for honesty!

  3. #23
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    MAXTHUNDER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Reputation
    81

    My wife bought me a Vita for my 40th which is almost 4 months away but she gave it to me last week and I just absolutely love it. If a good sale comes up I would recommend picking one up "new". I say new for one good reason and that is to help support SONY on a well developed and designed handheld machine that in my opinion works beautiful and is tons of fun. It's kinda funny that people say "where's the games?" and I say open your eyes haters.

    One game I recommend that is free in NA is "Frobisher Says" great fun in my opinion and is definitely worth the price tag. lol.


  4. #24
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    M40A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    847
    Reputation
    24

    Understand that you will need a memory card if you plan on getting games off PS Plus, and those memory cards are a f*ckin ripoff.

  5. #25
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    STRANGEgenius's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    STRAYA ****
    Posts
    777
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Understand that you will need a memory card if you plan on getting games off PS Plus, and those memory cards are a f*ckin ripoff.
    this.

    But do get a Vita, it is a really good portable device, the only problem is there aren't that many games to play unless you are a all rounder gamer.


    Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

  6. #26
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    STRANGEgenius's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    STRAYA ****
    Posts
    777
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    oi that's cheating
    Don't hate


    Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO