Producer of Tales series says no plan on localization of vita tales games due to low vita sales

This is a discussion on Producer of Tales series says no plan on localization of vita tales games due to low vita sales within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; No Plans to Bring Any of the PS Vita Tales Games to North America Because the System is "Doing Relatively ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Producer of Tales series says no plan on localization of vita tales games due to low vita sales

No Plans to Bring Any of the PS Vita Tales Games to North America Because the System is "Doing Relatively Poorly" - PlayStation LifeStyle

Kotaku recently caught up with Hideo Baba, Producer on the Tales franchise, asking him a bunch of questions, with one of the more interesting answers revolving around the Japan-only Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R:
    Unfortunately, at this present time we donít have any plans to release any of the Vita titles. One of the main reasons is, unfortunately the PlayStation Vita is doing relatively poorly in North America, so itís one of those things that if the numbers increased considerably, then itís something we could consider.
    Well there you have it. I understand from a business point of view, but what about people that support the series? I guess I won't support Tales of Xillia.

Galaxy beauty pirate

I don't have a VITA but I definitely like the Tales series. I'm happy they brought us Graces and can't wait to get Xillia.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 4 - Silver

So just because America won't get Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R you refuse to get Tales of Xillia? That's just plain silly. I love the Tales series and I am majorly disappointed to hear this, but I still plan on getting Tales of Xillia. And if enough people have an attitude like yours then that just means they won't localize Tales of Xillia 2.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by PineappleTimbits View Post
    So just because America won't get Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R you refuse to get Tales of Xillia? That's just plain silly. I love the Tales series and I am majorly disappointed to hear this, but I still plan on getting Tales of Xillia. And if enough people have an attitude like yours then that just means they won't localize Tales of Xillia 2.
    Well, this is part of the reason. I honestly thought Graces F sucked, considering it was my first Tales game. I might support Xillia, but chances are slim. How do they expect the Vita to sell if they won't support it with localization?

Angel of Death

Hideo doesn't like localizing anyway. Still waiting on PS3 Vesperia. >_>