New To Vita

This is a discussion on New To Vita within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys, Maki here. I was wondering what games I should look into getting when I FINALLY get my PS ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

New To Vita

Hey guys, Maki here.

I was wondering what games I should look into getting when I FINALLY get my PS Vita next week. I've been a PS+ member since day 1 so I have all the "Free" games from that, and I plan on picking up Persona 4 Golden (Main reason I'm getting a Vita [PERSONA!!! *Bang*]) but what else is out there worth picking up? I've seen a lot of good vibes towards Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward but I've never really heard/seen much else that has grabbed my interests. Tell me how many good games are out on Vita and why please! Also what I should be looking forward to! (I've heard Soul Sacrifice is supposed to be a big thing, am I right on that?)

Thanks and hope to hear back from you all soon.

-Maki K.

PRO Member

Well I would of recommended Uncharted Golden Abyss to you, but looking at your trophies you don't appear to be a fan of Nate, so i'll have to go with Gravity Rush as my suggestion, it's something a little bit different with an endearing and amusing storyline and so far has proven to be a lot of fun. You do appear to be an Assassin's Creed fan, so I can also suggest Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation; I don't have it myself yet, but a friend does and he is enjoying it so i'll be sure to give it a try at some point.

As for Virtues Last Reward, i'll whisper this cos I know i'll be in the minority; it kinda sucks and is as boring as watching paint dry, but thats just my opinion.

Enjoy your new Vita.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow, thanks man Gravity Rush was my number 2 as far as wanting a vita, being a plus member I got it for free, even more incentive haha. I was thinking about getting AC3:L sometime after I finish or get tired of playing the ones I get from PS+. I'll definitely play Golden Abyss since I'm getting a 32 GB card, I'm going to fill it with a lot of games I have/will get. Sucks to hear about Zero Escape though, oh well

Lvl 6 - Silver

I enjoyed Zero Escape. Depends if you want a puzzle game or a action game. Plants Vs. Zombies is a good startagy title and Dragon Fantasy is a good classic RPG that just released today.

PRO Member

I would suggest you try out the Soul Sacrifice Demo.
    I just want it to Friday, so I can play it without stop and hopefully get my friend hog on it

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MakiKurrino View Post
    Wow, thanks man Gravity Rush was my number 2 as far as wanting a vita, being a plus member I got it for free, even more incentive haha. I was thinking about getting AC3:L sometime after I finish or get tired of playing the ones I get from PS+. I'll definitely play Golden Abyss since I'm getting a 32 GB card, I'm going to fill it with a lot of games I have/will get. Sucks to hear about Zero Escape though, oh well
    You would of gotten golden abyss for free off PS plus right? one of my friends who has never played uncharted thought it was pretty good.

Local Drunk

Uncharted Golden Abyss for sure, excellent game plus I think it's free (least it is here). Haven't played much of Virtue's Last Reward but it's kinda meh.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    I enjoyed Zero Escape. Depends if you want a puzzle game or a action game. Plants Vs. Zombies is a good startagy title and Dragon Fantasy is a good classic RPG that just released today.
    Oh I quite enjoy the puzzle bits of Zero Escape, it's all the endless talking sections packed around them that are testing my patience.

Synthwave <3

I highly recommend Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. It's got a great story and a lot of puzzles to keep you busy. My other favorite games for the Vita are: LittleBigPlanet, Sound Shapes, and Plants Vs. Zombies. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these games (depending on your tastes). I hope you enjoy many fun hours with your Vita! I know I sure love mine!

Edit: Oh yeah and like the person below me said, Puddle is a lot of fun too!
    Last edited by bnecker717; 04-18-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

In addition to everything mentioned above you could also try Puddle, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, and Super Stardust Delta. They aren't too long, not too hard, and I thought they were really fun too.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well for my Vita I loved Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden (that game is simply amazing), Uncharted was okay and Virtues Last Reward is awesome, I'm 5 hours in and I'm loving it!

PRO Member

I get the feeling i'm the only person who doesn't love Virtues Last Reward...

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    I get the feeling i'm the only person who doesn't love Virtues Last Reward...
    Lol, I don't love it or hate it. Only just started it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    Oh I quite enjoy the puzzle bits of Zero Escape, it's all the endless talking sections packed around them that are testing my patience.

Its a story based game. Not some action packed title, you only have to watch the cut scenes once and then skip them when you go back through again. I got the plat a few months ago and enjoyed every single second of the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Apart from the great games like Gravity Rush and ACL recommended by others:
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 1 and 2.
    If you are a sports fun then MLB 13 the Show and Madden NFL 13 are also good games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'd recommend Unit 13, Nuns Attack, Super Stardust Delta, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Sly Cooper, Gravity Rush, Resistance Burning Skies, Wipeout, and the lego games are pretty good if you're looking for something to pass the time...

I've heard good things about Rocketbirds: Harboiled Chicken, Guacamelee, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Need for Speed, Little Big Planet, Rayman, and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath.

If you're into sports, I'd recommend Fifa and Virtua Tennis 4 ..personally I find them both to never get old like baseball and football games sometimes do..but that's just my personal opinion.

Soul Sacrifice looks like its gonna be awesome, so maybe try out the demo

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Persona 4 Golden
    Persona 4 Golden
    Persona 4 Golden