Buying a Vita in 5 hours

This is a discussion on Buying a Vita in 5 hours within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As the title states, I'm buying a Vita today. I have been working my ass off doing OT (I worked ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Buying a Vita in 5 hours

As the title states, I'm buying a Vita today. I have been working my ass off doing OT (I worked 92 hours last week) and my check is now in my hands so it's time to treat myself. Right now, Gamestop has a deal where you get a $50 gift card when you buy a Vita so I was hoping you guys could help me decide what games to buy with it. I am a plus member so I will get all those games but in addition, I was thinking of Hot Shots Golf, PSASBR, AC3 Liberation, Sonic & Sega Racing, and a few more. So what are the best things i can buy with this $50? All suggestions welcome and thanks in advance.

♚ Overlord ♔

What you need to do is get a huge memory card,some triggers, screen protector,and some kind of case. Trust me, when buying a handheld you wanna getting accessories first to have a better gaming experiences. Though a huge turn off is the expensive memory card being 100 bucks which is almost required to even play some of this games. Its a great console though "if you got the money for it " Getting trophies on the go is so beast, I can get trophies at work haha I mostly use it for boosting lobbies though, most of the time you sit in a lobby so you whip out your Vita and start getting plats while at the same time get that hard plat. You mention PS+ right? You dont have to go out of your way to buy games yet. PS+ offers some of the Vitas best games. I suggest Uncharted,Gravity Rush,and Disgaea if they have that "Needs a big memory card to download". Games you need to buy goes Soul sacrifice,Persona 4 golden, and PS-ALLSTARS. Buying all this extra stuff will easily run you over 200$ but again use your 50$ to get accessories and focus on PS+ games just to start out no need to go overboard unless your me .

PS: If you really want Vita games your nearest Target is offering buy 2 get 1 free till 6/8

Lvl 6 - Silver

Escape Plan and Guacemelee are great games for the vita. I really enjoy those games. Have fun with your Vita.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    What you need to do is get a huge memory card,some triggers, screen protector,and some kind of case. Trust me, when buying a handheld you wanna getting accessories first to have a better gaming experiences. Though a huge turn off is the expensive memory card being 100 bucks which is almost required to even play some of this games. Its a great console though "if you got the money for it " Getting trophies on the go is so beast, I can get trophies at work haha I mostly use it for boosting lobbies though, most of the time you sit in a lobby so you whip out your Vita and start getting plats while at the same time get that hard plat. You mention PS+ right? You dont have to go out of your way to buy games yet. PS+ offers some of the Vitas best games. I suggest Uncharted,Gravity Rush,and Disgaea if they have that "Needs a big memory card to download". Games you need to buy goes Soul sacrifice,Persona 4 golden, and PS-ALLSTARS. Buying all this extra stuff will easily run you over 200$ but again use your 50$ to get accessories and focus on PS+ games just to start out no need to go overboard unless your me .

PS: If you really want Vita games your nearest Target is offering buy 2 get 1 free till 6/8
    Thanks for the heads up about the accessories. I am definitely getting a case and screen protectors. Gonna have to wait on that beast memory card til next payday.

Quote Originally Posted by missdreamer View Post
    Escape Plan and Guacemelee are great games for the vita. I really enjoy those games. Have fun with your Vita.
    I will! And thanks for the game tips.

Legalize it...

If you buy the PS3 version of PSASBR you get the Vita version too. Same with the new Sly Cooper...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    If you buy the PS3 version of PSASBR you get the Vita version too. Same with the new Sly Cooper...
    That's a very good point. I might have to consider that before buying anything.

The Bushiest Pig

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is good, LBP seems fun.

Fifa, Unit 13 and Lego Batman 2 were good for a bit.

If you can get Resistance: Burning Skies or Blops: Declassified for cheap, get them for multiplayer fun.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Change is mediocre

Games I liked for it:

• Gravity Rush
    • Guacamelee
    • Resistance: Burning Skies
    • Unit 13
    • Plants Vs. Zombies (PSN, Vita comes with )

Games I didn't:

• Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lvl 7 - Gold

the Uncharted game is average.

Gravity Rush is so fucking horrible.

Resistance was really fun, AC 3 L is very very slow. PS All Stars is fun, but gets boring after that grind.

You need a memory card to play a game, might as well buy one now.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

Persona 4 Golden is a slow start, yet a great JRPG, and if you like the LEGO games, there's the Harry Potter years 5-7, Lord of the Rings, and Batman 2.

I'm enjoying the Need for Speed: Most Wanted, which is essentially exactly the same as the PS3 version, with less on screen objects obviously, yet it's rather steep for $30 still at most places. I'd only recommend it if you really enjoyed the PS3 version, which your plat of it suggests you did

And as most people have already said, best to plunge into a high capacity memory card now. Hopefully you're buying your stuff from someone that honors price matching within 30 days, incase a sale or price drop occurs.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 7 - Gold

Thanks for all the advice guys. Probably gonna get a memory card and 1 game. I am so excited!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ended up getting a 32 gb memory card and Hot Shots Golf. I love this thing btw...

PRO Member

You should try Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush and Persona 4: Golden, which is the best game for Vita.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Persona 4 Golden, Sly 4 and Uncharted great games! Please play P4G

Lvl 2 - Bronze

About the only game I'd recommend for the vita is persona 4 golden. It's the only game I play for my vita, not much interest in anything else on it to be honest.

You made a good choice with the 32gb memory card anyway.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Ended up getting a 32 gb memory card and Hot Shots Golf. I love this thing btw...
    Congrats man. Enjoy it...

Immortal

I concur about Persona 4 Golden.
    I bought it last week, played like 2 hours up until 2 days ago - now my game time is around 16 hours. After the beginning setup, which includes some fantastic character development, the game really kicks off. So yeah, get that.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    As the title states, I'm buying a Vita today. I have been working my ass off doing OT (I worked 92 hours last week) and my check is now in my hands so it's time to treat myself. Right now, Gamestop has a deal where you get a $50 gift card when you buy a Vita so I was hoping you guys could help me decide what games to buy with it. I am a plus member so I will get all those games but in addition, I was thinking of Hot Shots Golf, PSASBR, AC3 Liberation, Sonic & Sega Racing, and a few more. So what are the best things i can buy with this $50? All suggestions welcome and thanks in advance.
    PS+ if you don't already have it because they usually give discounts on Vita games as well as 2-3 games a month for free for the Vita.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Have fun with your Vita. Actually I'm really tempted to buy one myself lately, because they are offering so many free games on Plus.
    Sig by Ramon

INTJ

Aint worth it right now unless your a plus member already.

wait another year.