Murumasa Rebirth, Yay/Nay

This is a discussion on Murumasa Rebirth, Yay/Nay within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; How is everyone feeling about Murumasa Rebirth? I never played the original game on the Wii, and I've seen a ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Murumasa Rebirth, Yay/Nay

How is everyone feeling about Murumasa Rebirth? I never played the original game on the Wii, and I've seen a few videos here and there on the new Vita release for this game. I'm just looking for a worth while game on my Vita. I'm deployed to Afghanistan right now, and don't have the internet to grab any of the classic RPG's off the PSN store. I've only really been able to enjoy P4G, so I'm really looking for something to hold my time over.

The combat and graphics look good, but is that really all there is to this game?

What are your opinions?
    "A Lion Doesn't Concern Himself With the Opinion of a Sheep."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can’t really offer an opinion since I haven’t played it either, but I ditto your interest. When the original came out on the Wii (which I never owned) I always thought that it was the only game for that console that interested me, and I knew that if I ever got a Wii then I’d have to get that game. When they first announced its upgraded port to Vita (which I also don’t own) I was excited to see it come to PlayStation but very disappointed it wasn’t a PS3/PSN game also. With all of the free Vita games I have stacked up from PS+ and now Muramasa Rebirth dangling on the hook as well, I’ve been reeeally tempted to get a Vita, even though I just don’t like handheld gaming.

Anyway, good luck finding something good; if you do get Rebirth then I hope it does it for ya.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yea, I may just end up picking it up as something to pass the time out here. I hope it's good though, the art style has me sold.

As for the Vita, it is a good console, but there just aren't that many games on it at this time that make it really worth this price of admission. Persona 4 Golden is amazing, and Soul Sacrifice has been pretty fun so far but as far as the Vita games go ... I feel like they are really it as far as what I'm interested in. Of course there are some PSN games you can get on it, Like the Atelier games, and the Final Fantasy games ... but meh. It is a good console, I'm just wanting to see more out of it.
    "A Lion Doesn't Concern Himself With the Opinion of a Sheep."

PRO Member

I have only played the Wii version and it was great with the wiimote and nunchuck, awesome game and very beautiful, at least for me that I love Japanese culture.

I hope it comes out for the PS3 sometime.

So my vote is for a big YAY!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I haven't gotten too far into it. It's pretty fun from what I've gone through, and it can get pretty tough to boot. And as gerunks mentioned, the artwork is very nice. I have a version meant for Hong Kong, so I don't know what the differences may be between the Asian and American versions.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by gerunks View Post
    I hope it comes out for the PS3 sometime.
    If it came out for the PS3 I’d get it for sure. It’s the art style and side-scrolling action that have drawn me to it from the beginning. Obviously if I have to get a Wii or a Vita to play it, I’d get a Vita, but since I don’t have either I just have to mourn it’s exclusion from PS3 proper.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.