Pulse Elite Headset with Vita

This is a discussion on Pulse Elite Headset with Vita within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Does anyone have this headset and use it with their Vita? I want to get it because the Vitas sound ...

Legalize it...

Pulse Elite Headset with Vita

Does anyone have this headset and use it with their Vita? I want to get it because the Vitas sound is to low imo and I dont like the Vita ear buds, but I have a few questions. I watched a video review that said you can use it with the Vita without turning the power on but you cant use the bass boost. But, can you use the mic and the virtual 7.1 surround sound with it off or do you need to turn the headset on to use those features? I just want to know more before I spend $150. All these headsets are expensive, but out of the ones Ive looked into the Pulse Elite seem like they would be the best choice because theyre cheaper, they have a headphone jack, the mic is hidden and it has "7.1" sound. Thanks in advance...

Death to zombies!!

I have the headset but havent used it with my Vita yet. You wont be able to turn them on though and would only be using them as a normal set of earphones so i dont think the mic and surround sound would work. I have used them on my laptop using the headphone jack and they make it sound alot better then normal headphone and using them on the ps3 wireless is awesome and havent had any issues witht them yet.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

illegal in 9 countries

I have the Pulse Elite headset and it is fucking horrible. It's not so much the sound (it's fine in that department), it's just really, really uncomfortable, to the point that I sport a sizeable dent in my scalp and a thumping headache within an hour of putting them on.

The "Pulse" (bass boost) effect is also complete shite. It's supposed to add a vibration effect to assist with locating the source of footsteps, enemy fire etc, but in reality you end up with this overwhelming, annoying thudding and buzzing, even at the lowest volume setting. The 7.1 sound is software-based and it's crap compared to genuine Dolby Surround Sound you get in better headsets, like Astro Gaming via the MixAmp. So the main reason I bought the thing gets turned off completely and you end up with a mediocre and VERY uncomfortable listening experience.

Also keep in mind the Pulse headset loses all of the integrated XMB features when plugged into a Vita and neither the mic or the 7.1 works (they require a USB port), so it's the same as wearing any other kind of stereo headset.

If you want a GREAT set of headphones for use with any home entertainment device (PC, PS3, 360, Smartphone, PSP, Vita, 3DS etc), consider Astro Gaming A30's. I bought mine a couple of years ago and they rock. The construction is superior to the A50's I bought a couple of months ago (which is saying something because the A50's are superb), they're super comfortable and not so large that they make you look like an alien when wearing them out and about.

More info - A30 Audio System ASTRO,
    or without the MixAmp (you want that for the PS3) - http://www.astrogaming.com/a30-headset-astro-edition

Synthwave <3

I don't know anything about those, but I second what ant said about the Astro's. I use them with my PS3 and they are great and very comfortable. I don't usually use them with the Vita tho. For the Vita I usually use the Gum earbuds I bought at Best Buy. They're cheap, comfortable, and sound good imo.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    sizeable dent in my scalp
    Ahhaha yeah the dent this thing leaves is astounding.

I pretty much agree with everything ant1 said except that I find them to be very comfortable. My only gripe about them is that there is no way to adjust the mic's sensitivity. Even the mic settings on the ps3 xmb is permanently stuck on level 3 and I usually played on a lower setting with my old headset. The mic will pick up practically any noise made in the room. But of course that won't really matter if you use this headset with a vita.

Legalize it...

Thanks for the info. Im really glad I asked first because the main reason Im considering spending that much was for the surround sound effect instead of just normal headphones. The Astro A30s look really nice. If I do decided to get a high quality headset it will probably be that one...