Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I the only one?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I read a lot of Playstation forums and everyone is always complaining about how there are no games or that ...

PRO Member

Am I the only one?

I read a lot of Playstation forums and everyone is always complaining about how there are no games or that no games are coming to Vita. I play mine a decent amount (about everyday) and there is always plenty to keep me busy. With purchasing 3-4 games a month, I still seem to have a backlog at all times. I'm just curious to know if I'm the only person who is happy with the amount and types of games that get released on Vita and doesn't think it's heading for some fiery end.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A few more story based games wouldn't go amiss but I am fine with it I know they will come

The One and Only

I'm one of those people who can't seem to stay engaged with the games on the Vita. Then again I'm starting to have the same problem with the PS3 the past couple months.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont have a Vita but Ive played handhelds in past and I can never enjoy them for long compared to my home consoles. They are only really fun to play if I'm on long journeys or going out somewhere I dont have a console. But I just enjoy console gaming more

Lvl 8 - Gold

No, you're not the only one. I have a huge backlog of games for my Vita. The problem isn't a lack of games. It's that a lot of the people complaining want nothing but big budget, triple-A retail Vita titles, and there truthfully aren't too many of those. But we get tons of JPN retail releases as digital-only releases in the US, so there are plenty of "retail" titles available. Then there are all the smaller PSN games and the indie games. There's more than enough to play, you just don't see them at retail, so people assume there's nothing available, because no stores have any games listed as "coming soon".

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

You are not alone, i do small chunks of Vita gaming every day and i've still finished very few games. Still haven't touched Soul Sacrifice or Wipeout 2048.

Can't fault the collection of titles really, the smaller titles and HD/ Streaming classic titles are the perfect fit for handheld, the big games are very much average with the few exceptions like Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA and Everybody's Golf. I much prefer playing Jak and Daxter or Thomas Was Alone.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I play my Vita everyday, the games I get from Plus take most of my time
    I do play a lot of PS1 games as well and some PSP games

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    You are not alone, i do small chunks of Vita gaming every day and i've still finished very few games. Still haven't touched Soul Sacrifice or Wipeout 2048.

Can't fault the collection of titles really, the smaller titles and HD/ Streaming classic titles are the perfect fit for handheld, the big games are very much average with the few exceptions like Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA and Everybody's Golf. I much prefer playing Jak and Daxter or Thomas Was Alone.
    I agree that the "bigger" games aren't great. The only game I have on card that I really enjoyed was Rayman. Other than that, everything feels mediocre at best. Uncharted was good, but it would have been better on PS3. It felt like a console game and that's not what I look for in a handheld.

Bob 'n' Becca

Not alone, at least not as far as I'm concerned. I bought my Vita to take advantage of the free Plus titles, and to be able to continue getting trophies on the go. I've only ever bought Sound Shapes, Motostorm RC and Mortal Kombat, but I've played Plants v. Zombies, Gravity Rush, Resistance: Burning Skies and Sound Shapes pretty much to completion. If I hadn't allowed my friend to borrow the handheld so he could play Persona 4, I'm sure I would've finished just about every game I have for it, or at least I'd still be playing it.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Level 5 Esper

I don't play my Vita everyday (usually just on the commute back to campus), but I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of games released. Sure, the Vita will seem to have very few games if you blast through the story and be done with it. If you plat every game on the Vita you play, it should keep you playing for months (Persona 4 + Disgaea 3 alone should be at least 200 hours combined!)
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

yeah I have trouble staying engaged in Vita games as well, the exceptions being Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and Persona 4: Golden.

Avy by DaRe_xLw Ta-Ta Bar by Beam

Lvl 9 - Gold

I love my Vita but I can agree with the common public that a lot of parents don't really understand download digital gaming because they purchase all their games from a store. At my Walmart there is about maybe 10 different Vita games in the case as opposed in the 3DS case there is like 30 and the DS has about 60+ so I can see why it doesn't look too appealing to own a Vita to most people and it's also SONY's fault for poor marketing. I have not seen 1 commercial for the Vita ever on national TV only on Youtube. So most parents again are in the dark and even most kids may have an idea but don't fully know the magnitude of the full prowess of what the Vita offers.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am pretty satisfied so far and have a nice collection of very different games. Favorites so far are Persona 4 and Virtues Last Reward, also Gravity Rush and Uncharted are impressive.

The thing is though, I haven't had the Vita for that long, and I do get a bit worried when I try to look forward to games that are still coming out. Other than Tearaway and Killzone (both of which don't really speak to me), I don't know what to look forward to, and that gets me a bit worried....

Hardcore!!!

I am happy with the Vita because I have the Jak & Daxter Collection and I LOVE the Jak & Daxter Collection (yet not as much as the Ratchet & Clank Collection). I am also happy with the Vita because I freaking got the Playstation All-Star Battle Royale platinum as the very first platinum and 100% on the Vita so I would be able to get THAT, and any future DLC, out of the way first. I am trying to work on the online DLC and Jak & Daxter trophies.

Unit 13 and EDF2017P are the only 2 games I need to get the online trophies for on the Vita and I am done with online trophies. The Resistance online trophy was pretty good since I didn't get kicked, and I didn't even start the game which made the fixing of the levels that much more NOT likely to happen.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

worlds biggest welch fan

The vita is a great break between many hours of Ps3 and it's best for vacations and on lunch break.

I only have troubles with the games you have to tilt the vita, I'm one trophy away for super stardust.

not alone yo
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

PRO Member

I think that the types of games that come to vita are the kind of games that I would expect to play on a handheld. I'm happy with it and don't need huge games to play every week. 5-6 a year would be enough.

PRO Member

Vita have a lot of big titles like Uncharted Golden Abysys, Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed: Liberation etc and small niece titles like Atelier Totori Plus.

Sadly I think those ppl, who complain want games like Final Fantasy, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Pokemon etc on Vita

Lvl 8 - Gold

The problem I have with my Vita is that it doesn't appeal to me. It lacks a huge variety of games. I want a Valkyrie Chronicles on the Vita, Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill... rpg's and jrpgs. We need a lot of variation and diversity. The Vita doesn't offer any of this.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Vita Rocks, I have 100ps3 games but I play the vita more these days lol
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I like the Vita, it's just that when I'm home I usually play my console games. But when I do play, it's usually because I'm not home or at work while on break or especially when we're out at sea and all the lounge t.v.s are taken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast