Sound issues

This is a discussion on Sound issues within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Anyone else having this issue?. Everytime I start the console the volume is limited, I can only make it go ...

PRO Member

Sound issues

Anyone else having this issue?.

Everytime I start the console the volume is limited, I can only make it go a few more bars to the right. AVLS limits the maximum volume for the headphones, or that's what it says in the description, because it happens with or without them. I have to manually turn it off every time I turn on my Vita. It also says "after 20 hours of audio AVLS will be automatically turned on", which isn't true either, it is automatically turned on everytime I turn off and on the console, be it 20 hours or 2 minutes.

In case it matters I got my Vita a few days ago in spain but the language is english (UK). My brother got one last year in the very same store, language in spanish and hasn't had this problem (I guess it has more to do with the time of the Vita rather than the language but I thought I'd add every detail).

Any solutions to this?. It really is a pain to have to go the Settings and manually turn it off every single time I want to play.
    Last edited by annare41; 07-25-2013 at 06:43 AM.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Have you tried restoring it to factory settings? This issue is peculiar and I haven't heard of it before.

[Settings] -> Format -> Restore Settings. This option shouldn't affect any save data.