KZ: Mercenary Beta impressions

This is a discussion on KZ: Mercenary Beta impressions within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; There's no forum out for KZ:M yet, so till an Admin can make one and move it, it will be ...

Kid, not loser

KZ: Mercenary Beta impressions

There's no forum out for KZ:M yet, so till an Admin can make one and move it, it will be here.

So what are y'alls impressions of the beta for those who have played it?

I gotta say I love it so far. The graphics are amazing, definitely KZ2 quality if not better really. The gameplay is great and the ranking system with the valor cards makes it real fun.

Complaints would be that the 8 player limit still seems low, the maps seem too big for it. 12 players would have been nicer. Also, rocket launchers are annoying and way over-used, hope they fix it in final game. That's all my complaints so far, I'm having fun with everything else about it.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Played it this morning, suitably impressed, it's been lovingly tailored for handheld, 4v4 is limited but will make it easier to find games i suppose.

Looks beautiful too, one of the best looking games on Vita and it's only a MP Beta.

Death to zombies!!

Played it abit yesterday and have to say it looks amazing and really enjoyed the gameplay, the spawns didnt seem that good as a few times i spawned right next to the other team and killed or got killed within seconds of spawning.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 9 - Gold

I really struggle to aim on it its my first time playing a FPS on the vita.. all my other games arent really like that which I have on it, I think I was getting a heap of US games because I noticed a fair bit of latency whilst playing.
    It looks quite nice I have only ever played the demos of KZ 2 and the free MP demo of KZ3 but it looks pretty awesome I don't know if i will be buying it but I think i will get KZ shadow fall on Ps4 especially with announcement of free DLC for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Played it this morning, suitably impressed, it's been lovingly tailored for handheld, 4v4 is limited but will make it easier to find games i suppose.

Looks beautiful too, one of the best looking games on Vita and it's only a MP Beta.
    I thought I remember hearing something about there being NPCs on the teams in this or something similar maybe that was for shadows fall.. also the spawns do seem a bit iffy at times spawning you right in front of an enemy.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think this is the best shooter on the Vita. However.... I personally think that there are 2 major issues that they really need to look at. First the Matchmaking. I started the game in a lobby 1 vs 1. Players joined and after about 5 minutes it was 4-1.... You may guess which side i was on.... Coincidence? Maybe, but i really think i can be a little bit better. Second i really have an issue with the spawnpoints. I spawned and tsjak i got a knife in my back. I spawn again and in a instant reflex i turn myself around just in time to see another guy already running up to me!!! That guy ate lead, but just to describe that the respawning needs a tweak in my opinion. The maps are small so i wont be very long until everybody will know more or less where the spawnpoints are. Could get really frustrating....

Game on....

The best FPS on the Vita and the best looking Vita game so far. I have no issues with any part of the game and this is just the multiplayer beta. Cannot wait until the game is released next month.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

It's awesome.

Fight the Future

My only complaint with the game is the maps feel too big for the amount of players. There have been numerous times where I've wandered around without seeing anybody for quite a while so I'd like to see 1 or two more players per team. Other than that the game is fantastic. It plays just like a console shooter and looks as good as many too, which is extremely impressive. The Vita is easily the best handheld since the Sega Nomad.

INTJ

cannot connect to any game with full wifi bars 10/10 would buy

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    cannot connect to any game with full wifi bars 10/10 would buy

Had no problems at all getting games. I have played the beta for nearly three hours and not one issue. You cannot slate the beta, simply because you have connection issues.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Had no problems at all getting games. I have played the beta for nearly three hours and not one issue. You cannot slate the beta, simply because you have connection issues.

Same here, no problems and my Wi-Fi is practically schizophrenic.

Come across the odd mismatch but it's still a Beta so there's time to rectify that. Otherwise, it's been more fun than a fair few console MPs.

Lvl 9 - Gold

What are you guys using for the aiming btw? i read that other option for aiming but i hadn't tried it yet I found it really difficult with the thumbsticks on the vita.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    It's a well known issue.

Re: KZM Open Beta Connection Problems - Killzone.com Forums

it's been a problem to the point where gurellia games had to come out and explain how port forwarding works, as a possible solution but not the actual solution.

Setting up your Router with Port Forwarding/as DMZ... - Killzone.com Forums

and tell you it's your routers fault, not the shitty game which is the only wifi-related thing having problems with me.

Advanced Router Guidelines for the Killzone: Merce... - Killzone.com Forums

My Wii U is wifi only, so why am i able to play black ops 2 and everything else at high quality but a single vita game is unable to do the same?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    It's a well known issue.

Re: KZM Open Beta Connection Problems - Killzone.com Forums

it's been a problem to the point where gurellia games had to come out and explain how port forwarding works, as a possible solution but not the actual solution.

Setting up your Router with Port Forwarding/as DMZ... - Killzone.com Forums

and tell you it's your routers fault, not the shitty game which is the only wifi-related thing having problems with me.

Advanced Router Guidelines for the Killzone: Merce... - Killzone.com Forums
    Well that sucks ass.... The final game should be WAY more situated then the beta if anything...
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezbeon View Post
    Well that sucks ass.... The final game should be WAY more situated then the beta if anything...

It's a glorified early access demo, not a beta.

something like elder scrolls online right now is a actual beta.

PRO Member

The combination of this/remote play/price-drop/PC quality football manager is really making me want a Vita now, watched a couple of beta videos and it's nice to see even more good feedback on the game

Buy my book, Alteration

The game is downright gorgeous, and the gameplay is awesome. The spawns need tweaking though, numerous times I've spawned right behind an enemy or with a knife in my back.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Just played it today for the first time and I'm very surprised, looks and plays amazingly, and I'm not a big Killzone fan. Also no connectivity issues, it's fast and clean. I got my ass kicked but still had fun, definitely thinking about getting the game now.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i didnt Like it