Vita broke

This is a discussion on Vita broke within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; After not using my Vita for about a month, I went to plug it in. The PS light didn't change ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Vita broke

After not using my Vita for about a month, I went to plug it in. The PS light didn't change color, and so I pressed the power button, only to have the PS button turn blue and blink a few times before the light turned off. The screen didn't turn on. Called Sony and it's gonna be $129 to repair it.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

you sure its broken? usually when i dont use it for weeks i have to charge it for like an hour so its will star. and to turn it on i have to hold the power button to restart it

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

illegal in 9 countries

Recharge the motherfucker Eddie. And as our esteemed colleague above indicated, hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds and see if that does the trick.

I vaguely recall a similar confusing boot-up process, but the thing was just flat.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    you sure its broken? usually when i dont use it for weeks i have to charge it for like an hour so its will star. and to turn it on i have to hold the power button to restart it
    When I hadn't used it for a few weeks and I plugged it in, the PS button would turn orange, however now it doesn't turn orange. I've had it on charge for about an hour now and all it does when I hold the power button down is the PS button turns blue for a few seconds and then it blinks and the light turns off.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    When I hadn't used it for a few weeks and I plugged it in, the PS button would turn orange, however now it doesn't turn orange. I've had it on charge for about an hour now and all it does when I hold the power button down is the PS button turns blue for a few seconds and then it blinks and the light turns off.
    I had exactly the same symptoms and still think it's related to the charge. I can't recall exactly what I did, but *think* I charged it for a day and held down the power button and it came back to life.

Are you using the wall charger that came with the Vita or just the USB cable and plugging that into a PS3 or PC port? Use the wall charger.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 11-21-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Change is mediocre

Yeah happened to me, it's not broken, it's just dead. Try plugging it in for a good 30 minutes and then turning it on, has to do with the minimum charge the Vita needs just to turn on or something.

Fight the Future

Are you sure it is plugged in properly? If I recall correctly the charge cable can be placed in the Vita both ways but the only way for it to actually charge is for the PS logo to be facing you.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I had exactly the same symptoms and still think it's related to the charge. I can't recall exactly what I did, but *think* I charged it for a day and held down the power button and it came back to life.

Are you using the wall charger that came with the Vita or just the USB cable and plugging that into a PS3 or PC port? Use the wall charger.
    I've been using the wall charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    Yeah happened to me, it's not broken, it's just dead. Try plugging it in for a good 30 minutes and then turning it on, has to do with the minimum charge the Vita needs just to turn on or something.
    I had it on charge without trying to power it up for a couple hours and it still didn't do anything. I actually tried that before calling Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Are you sure it is plugged in properly? If I recall correctly the charge cable can be placed in the Vita both ways but the only way for it to actually charge is for the PS logo to be facing you.
    It only plugs in the one way. I just got back from my friend's house and we tried using his charger, thinking it might have been my charger, and we had it on charge for about an hour using his and it still didn't work.

PRO Member

How long are you holding down the power button for? My 3 year old drains the second one we have and it takes a good 30 seconds for it to boot into safe mode so I can restart it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Krysta91 View Post
    How long are you holding down the power button for? My 3 year old drains the second one we have and it takes a good 30 seconds for it to boot into safe mode so I can restart it.
    I was holding it down for 30 seconds. However, I discovered a small crack on the LED screen and a few weeks ago, my cousin had come over to my house, high out of his mind and was messing around with my Vita and crawling around on the floor, so I believe he may have cracked it then. I had a bunch of credit and gift cards for Gamestop, so I got another one with all the credit I had.