Just bought a VITA....got some questions and a story

This is a discussion on Just bought a VITA....got some questions and a story within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well, bought myself a VITA last weekend (3 days ago), because i read it's such a good combo with PS4. ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Just bought a VITA....got some questions and a story

Well, bought myself a VITA last weekend (3 days ago), because i read it's such a good combo with PS4.
    And indeed, VITA is awesome!!!

I doubted for a long time to get one, because i also own a PSP, which is collecting dust since a few years now. I was afraid the same thing would happen to the VITA, but since i own a PS4, i really wanted one.

So i went to my favourite gameshop last saturday-afternoon, to buy myself the new Tombraider(PS4) and get some info on VITA, although i was about sure i wanted one. But, the shop had problems with the tombraider delivery and they didn't have VITA's on stock...My wife wanted GEM-cards for her Guild Wars 2 game, but they were sold-out....
    So much for my "FAVOURITE" gameshop....bah.
    (Sorry about this, this complainting, i just HAD to spit it out...)

So, i woke up sunday-morning, NOT having tombraider for my PS4 and NOT having a VITA.
    The only thing i had was a wife complainting about NOT having enough gems to buy that ingame axe-thingy in Guild Wars 2...
    (sorry about this, i know it's a luxury-problem)

And so i found myself in a toyshop that was open sunday-afternoon at the centre of my city The Hague.
    Big, bizy toyshop with parents and allot of annoying kidz throwing around Wii-U's like basketballs and asking daddy : "Can i have this game?" , ,"no honey, that's a nintendo-game, it won't play on our XBOX"
    (*sigh*)

I chose the VITA bundle with Killzone:Mercenaries (WIFI) and a 16GB memorycard.
    "Is everything in there to get me started" I asked the Toy-salesman.
    "Let me check" the bold-headed toy-salesman says "Yes!...welll...yes....ehm...can't see anything missing....no....all here...This will get you all started!!"
    Then i asked : "What about the 16GB memorycard, is that enough?"
    "Absolutely," , he said , "you'll have space enough, the games are little and 16GB is alot"
    "But i have PS+ for years now, i know i can download lots of free games for VITA" i said.
    "Well, we do sell 32GB cards, but believe me, 16GB is quite some space, you'll have enough"

Coming home sattisfied, with my new VITA at 3 o'clock sunday-afternoon, my memorycard was full at 6 o'clock....
    Next time i will go to my "favourite" gameshop again....damn toy-boys.....

KZ that came with it was a downloadable version, 3,5 GB, then uncharted, gravity rush and dynasty warriors from plus, some PSP & PS1 games i got for PS3, and full it was, now, here are the questions :

*Games can be copied to PS3 or PC, why not PS4? Or is that possible?

*Why does my USB-cable not fit in the VITA?

*I prefer copying the games to my PC, so i can copy them back on my VITA anytime, right?

*can memorycards be switched anytime without problems?

*what do you suggest, more memorycards, or copying?

*any game-advise?

*any further advise?

thanks for reading this thread, and your help,
    Ricardo

illegal in 9 countries

I suggest finishing your VITA games so you can delete them from the memory card, which makes 16GB enough storage capacity.

If you need additional memory cards, keep in mind they're attached to a single PSN account. Swapping them in and out in that case is easy. It's only when you attempt to use multiple PSN accounts that it becomes a problem.

Also, downloadable VITA games will only work with the account or region that purchased them, i.e. if you buy VITA games from the US PS Store, they won't work with your EU PSN account on the VITA.

The VITA power adaptor that comes in the box has the USB cable you need. Simply detach it from the charger and plug it into your PS3/PS4/PC.

Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, Dragon's Crown and Persona 4 Golden are highly-rated VITA games.

Tell your wife to embrace the grind in Guild Wars 2. Buying gems is for pussies.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Tearaway and Persona 4 Golden is all you need.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Memory cards only become hassles when swapping PSNs.

The Vita cable is proprietary. The Slim version is Micro-USB, though its availability is restricted to a few regions.

I suggest clearing space by deleting games once you're 100% done.

Games definitely depend on personal preference. I know people like Persona 4 Golden and Soul Sacrifice. For platformers, there's Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, LittleBigPlanet Vita, Rayman Legends, and Tearaway. There's fighting games like Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, and Playstation All-Stars.

Enjoy your new Vita!

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 7 - Gold

as for memory i have 16g and only add via games when the last is done and deleted. as 4 games get on some freebies on psn as well,. I like treasures blitz but there are a few. lego marvel was a little gem if ur into comics.

Finally GTA V done.

If you want a challenging game Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks for all the answers guys, especially ant1th3s1s for answering all.
    I feel really stupid i didn't notice my adapter-cable was also the USB-cable i needed.
    I only have one PSN-account (EU), so i bought an extra 8GB today for swapping.
    Since i am a game collector it is hard for me to delete or sell games.
    I will try my USB-cable now, to put some on my PC...

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    Since i am a game collector it is hard for me to delete or sell games.
    Digital content can be redownloaded at any time from the PS Store. So you're not really deleting it, you're deleting a copy of it while the original remains in storage at Sony.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Digital content can be redownloaded at any time from the PS Store. So you're not really deleting it, you're deleting a copy of it while the original remains in storage at Sony.
    True, but only 2 times, right?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    True, but only 2 times, right?
    No, whatever is available for download can be downloaded AS MANY TIMES AS you like.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

As for me the games I have and like are:
    Uncharted, tearaway, dragons crown, little big planet, escape plan, a lot of the cross buy games(hotlinemiami, dragons fantasy, lone survivor), also some games from the mobile tab on PS store are fun.
    I have 32G card and for me it wasn't enough just because of PS plus free games.
    As for remote play, its a cool feature. I can play my ps4 games while laying down in bed ( ps4in living room).
    I think as it gets more sales, it will get a bit more love from developers to make a bigger variety of games for the system. Hope u enjoy it as much as I do.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    No, whatever is available for download can be downloaded AS MANY TIMES AS you like.
    COOL!!! Thnx for the info on that!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mexmilli View Post
    As for me the games I have and like are:
    Uncharted, tearaway, dragons crown, little big planet, escape plan, a lot of the cross buy games(hotlinemiami, dragons fantasy, lone survivor), also some games from the mobile tab on PS store are fun.
    I have 32G card and for me it wasn't enough just because of PS plus free games.
    As for remote play, its a cool feature. I can play my ps4 games while laying down in bed ( ps4in living room).
    I think as it gets more sales, it will get a bit more love from developers to make a bigger variety of games for the system. Hope u enjoy it as much as I do.
    i'm already enjoying it very much, thnx

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm actually thinking of getting a Vita now. Should I wait for the new version, or just get the original?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawsToTheEnd View Post
    I'm actually thinking of getting a Vita now. Should I wait for the new version, or just get the original?
    Newer isn't always better, but you should get one

El Campeador

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawsToTheEnd View Post
    Yeah get it now, the newer is lightweight (slim model), and cheaper made, you lose your OLED display for a LCD display, among other design changes, the choice is yours!