Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd

This is a discussion on Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This afternoon on stage at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, I shared some very exciting news that I ...

Retired...

Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd

This afternoon on stage at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, I shared some very exciting news that I know the PlayStation Nation has been anticipating since we unveiled PlayStation Vita back in January. For those looking to get their hands on the ultimate in handheld entertainment, Iím thrilled to let you know that starting on February 22, 2012, PS Vita will be available at major retailers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.

Our first-party studios and army of publishing partners have been extremely hard at work to ensure that PS Vita launches with a vast library of titles that deliver unique gameplay experiences that go beyond any handheld or mobile device on the market. We have more than 100 games currently in development globally that span many different genres, including Sound Shapes, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Capcomís Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ubisoftís Assassinís Creed, EA Sportsí FIFA, Activisionís Call of Duty, and numerous others that youíll hear about in the months ahead.

Iíve had the chance to spend some time with several of these titles and I think youíll be blown away by how each takes advantage of the technology packed into PS Vita to deliver amazing gaming experiences. With its vibrant 5-inch OLED screen, dual analog sticks, dual cameras, and front and rear touch panel, PS Vita will deliver rich, immersive games with stunning graphics, which simply canít be found anywhere else. Now youíll be able to play shooters and action titles on-the-go with controls that are familiar, and you wonít have to block out the gorgeous screen to interact with the games.

In addition to the deep portfolio of games, youíll also have access to native social applications Ė near and Party Ė that help you connect with your friends and fellow PS Vita owners. We also recently announced that PS Vita will have your favorite social networking applications like Facebook, foursquare, Skype, and Twitter, so you can share and connect with friends. With PS Vita, you can enjoy the best handheld gaming experience available and stay connected to the people and interests you care about.

Itís never been a better time to be a part of PlayStation Nation and I canít wait for you to experience this revolutionary handheld system. Stay tuned for more exciting updates as we near the February 22, 2012 launch!
    Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd Ė PlayStation Blog

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

The Bushiest Pig

Wait ... wasn't it like March 31st, 2012 like a few weeks ago?

EDIT: Checked a few store sites, still say March 31st, 2012.

EDIT 2: The stores now changed it to February 22nd, 2012.
    Last edited by Bushpig94; 10-18-2011 at 08:19 PM.

The One and Only

Yes! A week or two before my birthday!

Hopefully I get it by then, but I can wait til next Christmas, since it would take over half a year to save up for it if I had to pay for it

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

i dont buy many systems but i might consider this one looking forward for more info

Buy my book, Alteration

Looks awesome! Nice date too. Just enough to recover from the utter deluge of fall games.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

about a week after my b day well i know what im gettin now for a late present

Sig By Bladia

-i- love myself.

This is awesome news! It was dated good too. Can't wait! Thanks for the info Smashguy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wait ...
    Why do you care what other people think?

Gotham's Reckoning

Damn it's released just after Christmas? With all the games I want to get in the next couple of months, I'm going to be completley broke and then I have to start saving up for the Vita. I really need to get a job ASAP.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 8 - Gold

Just went and pre-ordered mine now along with Battlefield 3 Limited Edition.

Can't wait for it to be released now!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah I heard about this, and I'm happy they were able to release Vita earlier then the intended date. I welcome this!!!
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

PRO Member

wake me up on Feb 22nd please.thank you

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Definitily getting the VITA one day. I don't think it will be soon... however, it has some intresting titles.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Damn hoped to get it before i leave to Afghanistan. Oh well guess i buy me a new Vita at the end of May

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I've never bought a system on day one but this thing looks so good. Debating on waiting after release to see how things go or just gunning for it.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss will go w/ this.

Signature by DaRe_xLw