Is this deal too good to be true for a used vita?

This is a discussion on Is this deal too good to be true for a used vita? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Amazon.com: Buying Choices: PlayStation Vita - Wifi Basically this. The vita game sale this week has pushed me into buying ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Is this deal too good to be true for a used vita?

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: PlayStation Vita - Wifi

Basically this. The vita game sale this week has pushed me into buying a vita but I have to buy some other stuff and mothers day is coming up so I want to get and take my mother somewhere nice, so I'm on a slight budget. Is this deal good/trustworthy? Is there any better deals out there that I can take?

Thank you to Bladia for the signature

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Well the description says item has many scuffs and scratches, so I would pass right there.

Just keep an eye out for a sale, you've waited 2 years before getting one, don't be impulsive now.

Avy by DaRe_xLw Ta-Ta Bar by Beam

A.W

I wouldn't go for it, based on the scruffs and scratches on screen and exterior. No wall charger nor USB cord as well . Those scratches look pretty bad. Acceptable? Hell no.

Save up and when you're ready, get the Borderlands 2 bundle.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I didn't realize the scratches were that bad though. Yeah, I'll get the BL2 bundle but it'll take until the end of may. I don't mind, but if there's any good vita offers out there, I'll take it.

Thank you to Bladia for the signature

Negator

Wait for the PS4/PSV bundle in 2015.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Too good to be true? Dude, considering the condition of that Vita, it's almost a rip-off, forget about it. Take your mom some place nice, and search around a bit, I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

KCCO!

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. For that price, it looks like shit.

illegal in 9 countries

I have a saying I use all the time as my sales pitch to clients when they balk at the price I quote. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It closes the deal every time.

What I mean by that is if you're not prepared to pay for quality, expect a poor result. You'd be buying a damaged Vita, so don't expect it to be in good working condition.

Buying someone else's damaged goods is not a sound investment. Do it right the first time - buy brand new with a warranty and you can't go wrong. It costs a few more bucks up-front to buy a quality product, but it'll last far longer and you'll save money in the long run.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hey, maybe if you are nice enough to your mom this Mother's Day, she will buy you a Vita!

Sine Labore Nihil

PASS, for me I never buy any used electronics not even refurbished yeah you pay cheap up front and then pay $$$ just to fix the dang thing, wait for a good deal and then buy it brand new its worth it! Have fun on Mothers day!

INTJ

"no wall charger or USB cord"

why would you consider buying this

PRO Member

Yep, the price sounds nice. But, you want to get it in good condition. The Vita is pretty tough. I have a hard plastic case on my just for G/P and have dropped it several times (on accident) and have even had it land on concrete. The only damage to mine is to the plastic case. If it is in poor condition, then my first assumption would be that it was used and abused!

Lvl 9 - Gold

My daughter's friend bought one last year for a $125 with 4 games and everything the Vita originally came with minus the box and there is a pawnshop in town that has one for $100. I would hold out.

Totally off topic. There was a PS4 in Leamington, Ontario with 3 controllers and 6 games for $400. I was definitely tempted but SONY deserves money from a new purchase and besides that deal seemed a little to good to be true.
    Last edited by MAXTHUNDER; 05-05-2014 at 05:33 AM.