Vita 1000 or 2000

This is a discussion on Vita 1000 or 2000 within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I definitely want to get a Vita but don't know what model to get. I know the 2000 is ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Vita 1000 or 2000

So I definitely want to get a Vita but don't know what model to get. I know the 2000 is coming in a couple days so should I wait for that or is the 1000 better? What are your guys opinions I am not really an expert on this topic so it would be nice to get some help! Thanks!

Lvl 4 - Silver

The 1000 has a better screen (which is really noticeable) while the 2000 has a better battery life and a slimmer design. It's really up to you on what your preference is.

Here's a good picture to show difference in screen quality

Toggle Spoiler

Lord of all Goat-Men

Vita 1000 has a more solid feel, and the superior OLED screen. The Vita 2000 has 1GB internal storage, an LCD screen, is lighter (and feels weaker), has better battery life, and an improved form factor (it's more comfortable to hold).

PRO Member

I have the 1000 and love it man really recommend it the new 1 looks more girly

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    The Vita 2000 has 1GB internal storage, an LCD screen, is lighter (and feels weaker), has better battery life, and an improved form factor (it's more comfortable to hold).
    For me, that's probably the most important factor. I find the Vita really uncomfortable, even with one of these puppies -

...it's better than the Vita on its own and it protects the front and back screens, however the trigger buttons feel a bit crap.

I also have one these, but it makes the Vita even less comfortable to hold -

I'd suggest holding both models to test which is more comfortable in the hands. Give it more than a few minutes, if possible, to get a better feel for each model.

Oddly enough, the 3DS looks like it'd be uncomfortable, but it feels better than the Vita, in my humble opinion. Maybe it's a weight distribution issue - the Vita feels like it's top-heavy and rotates your hands upwards, whereas the 3DS is bottom-heavy and it's easier to find the centre of gravity.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 05-03-2014 at 07:52 AM.

INTJ

if you want a screen that isn't shit, 1000

if you want to waste your money, 2000

PRO Member

Vita 1000 way to go yeah

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks a lot for all your input guys it is really appreciated

I will make my final decision when I go to buy a vita in a few days. As of right now I think I will be getting a 1000 because of the picture quality.

Thanks again!

Drunken Nights

Reviews for the 2000 have been great. I'll be getting that one in a few days. I'd settle down with the PCH-1000 but retailers aren't selling it anymore and Amazon sellers are overpricing that version and I don't want to buy it used. Oh well.

PRO Member

1000 is good, 2000 is good. I'd go for the one with more battery life though.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Adray View Post
    Thanks a lot for all your input guys it is really appreciated

I will make my final decision when I go to buy a vita in a few days. As of right now I think I will be getting a 1000 because of the picture quality.

Thanks again!
    Yeah, you have to outweigh what you want in particular from the , what is the main reason to buy one in your case not just for gaming or other nice features. Some like 1000 others say 2000, the choice is yours!