Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Vita no longer a actual game platform, treated like a accessory

This is a discussion on Vita no longer a actual game platform, treated like a accessory within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Most of the games I own for my Vita are cross buy games, most times I just play the PS3 ...

The Site Mascot

Most of the games I own for my Vita are cross buy games, most times I just play the PS3 version. I would like to see more and better games for it but seems Sony's practically abandoning it.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Lvl 5 - Silver

The only interesting aspect of Vita for me is that it has trophies as well. Well I'm afraid If I'd get a Vita I'd play even when I'm not at home which is not something I aim for. I have never held a Vita in my hands but it's hard for me to imagine that gameplay will be as smooth as with the sixaxis controller. I think I'd have more troubles to plat games like Guacamelee on the Vita than on the PS3.

PRO Member

And I just bought one :stare:

At least I have a shitload of awesome games to play on it AND I can use it as a controller!? (if/when I get a PS4) That's neat but I won't use it. The controller is better for my hands.

Also PS, it's "an" not "a" pls go bak to skool?

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I actually do like my vita and have quite a few games for it. At the moment I'm just rotating between four main games with some I haven't even started yet, so I don't get whole "no games" thing people say about it. As for it's use as a PS4 accessory, I don't use it for such purposes. When it has more than enough RPG's at the moment, I don't see much negative about it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can play Persona, most of the final fantasy titles and a great collection of ps one games. I'm very happy with my vita.

True not many great new games have been released for it but there is a couple and the fact that with ps+ they usually end up free keeps me happy.

PRO Member

I've called out the Vita haters before and I will again. I enjoy the Vita for all of its reasons, while the haters have to come up with considerable justification to keep their hate alive. No surprise there.
    It looks like no one else has said it yet, so I will: If the Vita is to crush the 3DS under its foot (and hopefully Nintendo AKA Ages 10 and Below with it), fans and devs alike need to stop arguing about what games work best on Vita. To succeed and crush the competition, it needs ALL the sources, from PS3 ports and Classic Remakes to Indies and AAA Exclusives. Period. So let's stop arguing and let's do it!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The vita won't crush anything unless the price of memory cards drops. It's that simple really

Check Those Corners

So good decision to not buy a PS vita a year ago.. thank god.

My PSP still has like 15 games that I want to buy & play on it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Marketing-wise that doesn't sound like a move to strengthen the Vita. Reducing the ridiculous prices for memory cards and making it easy to access your PSN accounts in different areas would have made much more sense.

Still - the Vita is a nice little machine for the odd gaming session away from the large screen (which will always be the better choice, be it PC or PS3/4).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I realize I'm joining the conversation late, but I just got my Vita 10 days ago.

From what I've seen, the biggest problem with the Vita is also one of the biggest reasons why I bought it: Plus. I never have to buy a game for the Vita if I don't want to, since I have most of the bigger titles already available to me for free though Plus. Uncharted, Sly Cooper, Gravity Rush, Mod Nation, the list goes on and on. Through cross-buy I have even more. Why would I go and buy a game?

Another issue I've seen is the lack of apps. I was hoping I could use the Vita to replace my iPod Touch, but app support just isn't there. Where's MLB At Bat? WWE Network? Amazon Instant Video? How about a phone app other than Skype? Google Hangouts maybe? I know Sony isn't to blame for this, as these companies need to have an interest to make them. Hopefully, Playstation TV leads to more apps. Oh hell, make it so I can use stuff like WWE Network apps on my PS3 and PS4 on my Vita through Remote Play.

Also, why can't I use the PS4 to download Vita games like the PS3? I guess that's more an issue with the PS4 than the Vita, but it's still silly that the PS3 has more connectivity with the Vita than the PS4.

Lvl 4 - Silver

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being most), how worthy is it to get a Vita?

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    Like a 3...if you have PS+, maybe a 4.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Like a 3...if you have PS+, maybe a 4.
    Thank you, that saves me a couple hundred! :

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    Maybe a 4 or 5. Its not a must have. Unfortunately.

Lvl 9 - Gold

For me I'll say around 6 or 7. Yeah its not necessary but there are a lot of good games on it. It just sucks it's not getting the support it deserves.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    For me I'll say around 6 or 7. Yeah its not necessary but there are a lot of good games on it. It just sucks it's not getting the support it deserves.
    Yeah. I'd give it a 7 or an 8 due to being able to play vita titles wherever. Plus all the PSone and psp games make it super worthwhile. Great handheld.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Yeah. I'd give it a 7 or an 8 due to being able to play vita titles wherever. Plus all the PSone and psp games make it super worthwhile. Great handheld.
    I agree. If I had a big memory card for it I would have all my PSOne games on it that I have already and delete them off my PS3.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Rise Above

this is why i traded my ps vita in a while ago to pay my car insurance. not worth the money. it just collected dust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12