Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vita Memory Cards a "requirement"

This is a discussion on Vita Memory Cards a "requirement" within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; More From Famitsu's PlayStation Vita FAQ -- Andriasang.com Required Peripherals Famitsu says that a Memory Card is pretty much a ...

INTJ

Vita Memory Cards a "requirement"

More From Famitsu's PlayStation Vita FAQ -- Andriasang.com

Required Peripherals
    Famitsu says that a Memory Card is pretty much a requirement, as some games will require the card. Games that require a card can't even be booted up if you don't have one.
    29$ for a 4 GB and 124$ for a 32 GB

compared to a Sandisk SD 4GB for 7.05$ and Sandisk SD 32GB for 42$

aka expensive as shit

Death is Awaiting....

Wow! That's not even right..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Indie Game Developer

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing that A) you can't buy 3rd party cards/use ones you already have or B) there is no (small amount) of built in storage. That means that instead of just dealing with a small amount of storage and recouping from the Vita purchase before buying a decent size card (like a 16 or 32GB one) I'm gonna probably have to drop money on a 4GB at launch and then buy another larger one when I have the funds later on.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 8 - Gold

By the sounds of things, the use of propriety cards is to combat piracy/hacking on the device. Unlike the PSP the Vita will control what can or can't go on the device, and with the memory card being Vita only you'll have to use the Vita to transfer files to and from devices.

Hopefully with the release of the PSS SDK people will be less prone to trying to hack the Vita...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I read somewhere that other companies will do cards for the Vita, but ill stick to the ones from Sony, they may be expensive but they are reliable

Ghost Assassin

I'm starting to see why PS360 hates Sony...

Lvl 9 - Gold

This was common sense when they announced that you had to use a Vita memory card. Of course Sony is going to up the price. Not only to cover losses for other cost of products and such, but for this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    By the sounds of things, the use of propriety cards is to combat piracy/hacking on the device. Unlike the PSP the Vita will control what can or can't go on the device, and with the memory card being Vita only you'll have to use the Vita to transfer files to and from devices.

Hopefully with the release of the PSS SDK people will be less prone to trying to hack the Vita...
    Sony is taking every step possible to insure us that were not going to have repeat of the PSP's history. And because of hackers, were all going to take a hit as usual in our wallet. But thank you Amazon/Ebay . I'm sure prices will go down as time goes by.

And wtf would you compare prices using regular SD? You're just asking to be ripped off. A 32gb Micro SD(free SD adapter) runs $30-37 on amazon, not $42. And on ebay depends on luck, but $.99+ right now.. Fkin idiots. But it is pretty sick to see a 32gb Vita card range around $124. That's about 4x more than what they are worth....

Quote Originally Posted by WeApOnS- View Post
    Exactly. I still don't see why people hate PS360.
    Maybe not hate, but constant nagging on Sony and other companies, always posting incorrect or misleading information while adding it's two cents into the mix. The list goes on.

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I'm starting to see why PS360 hates Sony...
    Exactly. I still don't see why people hate PS360.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    I read somewhere that other companies will do cards for the Vita, but ill stick to the ones from Sony, they may be expensive but they are reliable
    The unwavering loyalty to sony is very admirable but their are other companies out there that make equally reliable accessories. : P

INTJ

More freedom to develop on a platform = less need to hack onto a device to develop homebrew

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    More freedom to develop on a platform = less need to hack onto a device to develop homebrew
    Don't start. The only reason you'd want to open up your system is to pirate. We've been over this hundreds of times. You want to experiment with "homebrew" do so on a platform that is designed for that(Windows).

Lvl 8 - Gold

That should be what the SDK will remedy. Which should mean if the PS Vita DOES get hacked, it would literally be just for piracy and so people could shut the fuck up about it all or something.

INTJ

That should be what the SDK will remedy. Which should mean if the PS Vita DOES get hacked, it would literally be just for piracy and so people could shut the fuck up about it all or something.
    and then you can blame piracy. If you give people the legal route to make awesome shit then everyone will be happy. thats why everyone was happy when the PS3 allowed linux on it and why everyone fucked over sony the moment they removed it.

but im guessing sony will kinda be locked down about the SDK, who knows. Their Move.ME Thing was stupid idea due to the fact it required a entire console to use the move accessorys and costed 99$ while similary microsoft only required the kinect and the SDK was free.

The One and Only

I understand that it's a requirement, but why do they got to be so damn expensive?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 8 - Gold

and then you can blame piracy. If you give people the legal route to make awesome shit then everyone will be happy. thats why everyone was happy when the PS3 allowed linux on it and why everyone fucked over sony the moment they removed it.

but im guessing sony will kinda be locked down about the SDK, who knows. Their Move.ME Thing was stupid idea due to the fact it required a entire console to use the move accessorys and costed 99$ while similary microsoft only required the kinect and the SDK was free.
    Well the SDK is compatible with the PS3 as well, at least that is what I recall. Which means people can finally shut up about that for the PS3 as well.

I'd completely forgotten about Move.ME, though it seemed to just be a response to all the hacking of the kinect.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Piracy is the reason to blame in the first place. No matter how legal or illegal you want to make your intentions using homebrew. Sony can give you all the SDK's out there to do whatever you want with. It's not going to stop people from trying to hack a system. And are you kidding me? Everyone was pissed off about the Ps3's Linux capabilities. Which is why the system was being tinkered with and in result, Sony taking it off to prevent what eventually happened.

Oh, and the Move.Me is free to college students.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

glad im sitting back and watching eveyone else dive into this vita
    they will probably come out with a newer model the following year with less hassles
    i hope at least
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Korean Girl Group Groupie

In all fairness, Sony has over priced all of it's accessories and peripherals since the original PlayStation. This isn't exactly anything new, but at the same time is a slight bit of a downer, and isn't going to make the Vita look good in the consumers eyes.

On a side note, I seriously have a hard time taking Ps360's "logic" seriously when he/she consistently misplaces the dollar sign in every article he/she posts (hey, $ goes in the front of the number).

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Won't a memory card be included in the original packaging?

my latest anime updates

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by chibuki View Post
    Won't a memory card be included in the original packaging?
    I thought so too. And correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that you able to save games on the actual card themselves? I'm sure I read that somewhere or maybe I misunderstood. I'll try and find out, but can anyone verify what I said? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast