Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please!

This is a discussion on Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please! within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It is expensive,far too expensive for storage I think it will be alot cheaper in 6 months time...

PRO Member

It is expensive,far too expensive for storage I think it will be alot cheaper in 6 months time

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Let's hope 3rd parties, will come with their memory cards very quickly until then the 8 GB will do

PRO Member

I hope Vita come with Memory card, because I refuse to pay freaking 120$ for 32 GB (64GB maybe)

Lvl 6 - Silver

i cancelled my pre-order on the vita because of this reason alone.
    ill get it in a year or 2 when its reasonable priced.

and for my 2cents, the ds is still over priced. i would never spend that kind of money for subpar/kid games

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

And this is why you wait a year or so after launch, when that price will drop significantly to something more reasonable.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    and for my 2cents, the ds is still over priced. i would never spend that kind of money for subpar/kid games
    Did you just say the DS is nothing but kids games? Have you even LOOKED at the DS library?

The Bushiest Pig

I'll wait to see what comes with the VITA before I make my full decision.

And out of curiosity, how many games' save data do you think a 4GB could hold? I most likely WOULD NOT download music, videos or stuff from the PSN store.
    Last edited by Bushpig94; 11-29-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Ghost Assassin

You have to admit that those prices are a bit of a stretch. Give PS360 some credit. Of course, as always it is the consumers choice whether to buy it or not. I for one will be waiting patiently for the prices to go down or possibly the next gen.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Well I've read two articles about piracy on the Vita, one saying that propriety memory card formats will help Sony battle piracy and another reading how the Vita itself will do all the work.

Marketing translation: this will screw over customers while pirates will jump right over the electric fences sony placed on it

It's just as stupid as believing completely batshit DRM software works on games.

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Still hating on Sony, I see. Why not just enjoy the Vita games for once, when they come out? You can in fact buy the 4 GB memory card and still have enough for hundreds of saves. If they are anything like PS3 saves, they do not take up much space at all. I would still buy a Vita over a 3DS any day, as the latter is still a huge gimmick on Nintendo's part. On the other hand, I am too busy to divide my life between my PS3 and a Vita for now. =3
    Exactly.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Marketing translation: this will screw over customers while pirates will jump right over the electric fences sony placed on it

It's just as stupid as believing completely batshit DRM software works on games.
    It'll screw consumers over a damn site lot less then rampant piracy on the device will, as I said See; PSP.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Still hating on Sony, I see. Why not just enjoy the Vita games for once, when they come out? You can in fact buy the 4 GB memory card and still have enough for hundreds of saves. If they are anything like PS3 saves, they do not take up much space at all. I would still buy a Vita over a 3DS any day, as the latter is still a huge gimmick on Nintendo's part. On the other hand, I am too busy to divide my life between my PS3 and a Vita for now. =3
    cool i can't wait to download a ton of Downloadable versions of major Vita games i bought off the PSN store and put it on my 4GB card.

oh wait, there's not enough space for even one game.

The only sane person here

Eh this doesn't bother me I'll just take a 4 or 8 GB for me.

Kiwi Defender

Shit, that's very fucking expensive. I do hope game saves don't take 200MBs.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    As opposed to Nintendo releasing a 250$ system with no games until they finally started releasing remakes of games that are 15 years old?
    That's pretty much teh VITA's launch titles too: bunch of rehashes, with "good" and original games coming out later.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's pretty much teh VITA's launch titles too: bunch of rehashes, with "good" and original games coming out later.
    Then clearly you've not seen the launch line up...

The Bushiest Pig

..... so can anyone give me an idea of how many game saves can be held within 4GBs? You can abse it on PS3 games just to give me an idea.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Then clearly you've not seen the launch line up...
    I have, and it's just like the one I saw for the PS3 back in the day. It looks impressive and you think "Wow, I'll have plenty of stuff to play when this comes out !", then you'd buy your PS3, try to get games, and find out that 4/5s of them were in development and wouldn't get released for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    ..... so can anyone give me an idea of how many game saves can be held within 4GBs? You can abse it on PS3 games just to give me an idea.
    While we could use the PS3 as our source, the data wouldn't be reliable. If anything, I suggest you to Google it, because I haven't seen anything regarding how much space game saves take.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I have, and it's just like the one I saw for the PS3 back in the day. It looks impressive and you think "Wow, I'll have plenty of stuff to play when this comes out !", then you'd buy your PS3, try to get games, and find out that 4/5s of them were in development and wouldn't get released for another year.

While we could use the PS3 as our source, the data wouldn't be reliable. If anything, I suggest you to Google it, because I haven't seen anything regarding how much space game saves take.
    I wouldn't completely rely on it, just use it so I have somewhat of an idea ..... no matter if it's right/wrong/close enough.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

that is very unreasonable im wondering if this will change once it gets closer to release date
    Que ?

DON'T BLINK

Until I hear official word from Sony and not what Gamestop "thinks" is going to be the price (and as a former GS employee I can tell you they do this all the time just to start getting reserve sku's into the system and whatnot) I'm not gonna bat an eye.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast