Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please!

This is a discussion on Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please! within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar I have, and it's just like the one I saw for the PS3 back in the ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I have, and it's just like the one I saw for the PS3 back in the day. It looks impressive and you think "Wow, I'll have plenty of stuff to play when this comes out !", then you'd buy your PS3, try to get games, and find out that 4/5s of them were in development and wouldn't get released for another year.
    Well... then you've not seen the launch line up, have you? You've just seen a list of games coming to the Vita, two very different things...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by TL OWNS U View Post
    Did you just say the DS is nothing but kids games? Have you even LOOKED at the DS library?
    yes, yes I have.in fact, my son has a dsi (he won it, I would NEVER pay that much). and while there are a "few" adult games, im still not playing modern warfare on that thing. and yes it is still just a kids toy!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Who cares about the memory card prices if its just for game saves 4Gb should be plenty. And for those of you planning on getting or sticking with a 3Ds hope you have fun with those N64 remakes, if i wanted to play those games i would just dust off my 64 and play it. Why pay a ridiculous price for a 15 year old game you already have.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Well... then you've not seen the launch line up, have you? You've just seen a list of games coming to the Vita, two very different things...
    I have, and I repeat myself: just because they say they'll release them at launch, it doesn't mean they will.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The One and Only

Bah, I'll just get the $8GB and go with that

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

INTJ

I have, and it's just like the one I saw for the PS3 back in the day. It looks impressive and you think "Wow, I'll have plenty of stuff to play when this comes out !", then you'd buy your PS3, try to get games, and find out that 4/5s of them were in development and wouldn't get released for another year.

then half of them are terrible and the other half are ones you only play once and never touch again

i bought a ps3 a year after they came out. so i avoided all of that. (Bought a 360 and wii at launch date (360 was on online pre-order, Wii At a Walmart at midnight, funny enough playing motorstorm on the ps3 demo kiosk while waiting for the wii)
    Last edited by Ps360; 11-30-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I have, and I repeat myself: just because they say they'll release them at launch, it doesn't mean they will.
    if they are called "launch titles", which a lot of the games coming out for Vita are. Then they NEED to be released the same day Vita is released, if not. Then that is a major f-up on the game developer/companies part. And I can't agree or disagree with the Ps3 lineup. I actually didn't buy my first ps3 till almost a year later due to the first generation being so nerfed and pathetic. No wifi? lol..

And lastly, I think there is a difference between rehashing a game(remaking the same game), and sequels or games related related to a series. Sure it might have a bunch of "new" franchise games, but they will definitely come out strong with Good-Great games instead of just java and flash style games.

Quote Originally Posted by TL OWNS U View Post
    Did you just say the DS is nothing but kids games? Have you even LOOKED at the DS library?
    He said Subpar/kids games. Meaning kids games or games that are meant to be on a smart phone, tablet, or a cheap download off the wii. And I agree with him, and I've seen the majority of the games released for the ds... I have better games on my Gameboy Advance.

As for the OP.. yah, I'll wait for an official statement, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is close to the numbers listed. That's generally what happens when a company monopolizes on a newer or specific style card until 3rd party support swoops in. I'll end up getting the 32gb, but I hope the prices are lowered. 32gb won't be enough for me though....

And lastly again... Why compare regular SD cards? Who actually pays that kind of price for a regular SD card? Go Micro. Micro works and is supported by a lot more than your standard SD card, and it's ALWAYS cheaper.

PRO Member

Ok, I rescind what I said about this being a Gamestop issue.

I did some digging into where they got their prices, I completely forgot about overseas retailers when I first posted.

Gamestop is just using the prices of the memory cards in Japan converted into USD as their prices.

Prices aren't necessarily official, but just FYI for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    It's just as stupid as believing completely batshit DRM software works on games.
    This isn't a batshit DRM software, Its not software. I wouldn't even call it a batshit DRM. Just the price...

Nothing is wrong with a proprietary format. What is wrong is the nature of how companies restrict things, and in this case Sony isn't (atleast from what I've read) trying to put some psychotic software in this system to prevent people from using it. Its just a goofy flash-based card.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You know, there may be more to the memory cards than you may think. I actually tried to research the specs of the cards.

Keep in mind, size isn't everything. There's other factors, like latency, read speed, and write speed.

I'm curious as to how the read/write speed is on these. Think about it, if you are expected to be loading these 4GB+ games off of these cards, the read/write speeds for them should be plenty fast. Even a class 6 SD card (like I have in my droid x) it is getting around 15MB/s each way. That's really not much faster than that of your standard 7200RPM hard drive.

To assume that these are just knock off proprietary SD cards is to just assume the worst. This way could be for the better in terms of performance. Realistically, if they are much faster, that means less load times, less save times, and less write times when you are copying the data to and from your PS3 (hence the 4.00 PS3 FW update or PC via the software used for it).

That's another thing to remember too, if you do own a PS3, you can use it as a hub for your Vita games. Basically plug in, transfer what you actually WANT to play, and go.

My point being, don't truly knock these until we know the actual SPECS of these cards.

Also, launch line ups get changed all of the time lol. I wouldn't be surprised if a good handful of the "launch" titles get delayed.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72
    and for my 2cents, the ds is still over priced. i would never spend that kind of money for subpar/kid games
    That has to be the comment with the most fail in this thread.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not sure if you're just being stupid here or trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Ok, I rescind what I said about this being a Gamestop issue.

I did some digging into where they got their prices, I completely forgot about overseas retailers when I first posted.

Gamestop is just using the prices of the memory cards in Japan converted into USD as their prices.

Prices aren't necessarily official, but just FYI for everybody.
    Can I just point out, there's no real need to rescind your comment if that's the case.
    It still stands considering they just converted the prices from Yen...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SideEffect23 View Post
    That has to be the comment with the most fail in this thread.
    Why? ..............

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Not sure if you're just being stupid here or trolling...
    Why do you say that? Can you honestly say, without a doubt, that no "launch" game has EVER been delayed until after the actual launch?

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfied View Post
    Why do you say that? Can you honestly say, without a doubt, that no "launch" game has EVER been delayed until after the actual launch?
    It happens, but not often at all. And I'm sure Sony wouldn't like that coming from a title that was supposed to be a "launch" game. It'd be one thing if Sony released the Vita a few weeks or months ahead of schedule so the game devs had no choice, but for a title that is labeled as "launch" title... It looks very bad on you to delay it.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

32 gb is too much space and money. ill just buy a 8 gb and be happy.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 8 - Gold

Considering it's 2 weeks from launch in Japan and there's been no word of delays of the launch titles I can say with fair ease that there will be no delays.

In the west only Sony first party and 3 third party titles have been announce and confirmed for launch, but with just under (or over?) 2 months to go I'm fairly certain someone would of said by now if the game would be delayed, and considering all it will be now is localisation it just further adds to the doubt that there will be any delays really.

Plus Nagflar seems to be jumping from one thing to another with the "points" in his post anyway.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Considering it's 2 weeks from launch in Japan and there's been no word of delays of the launch titles I can say with fair ease that there will be no delays.
    Well to be fair there is one game that has been delayed (at least), although its just some fishing game not many people care about.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well, this is about the most absurd thing I've read all day.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well to be fair there is one game that has been delayed (at least), although its just some fishing game not many people care about.
    Which game? And was it claimed as a launch title or just a game to be released after the launch of the vita? If it's #2, then it doesnt matter.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think the prices are expensive, but its a trade off.

Sony offer free PSN to play online, and so I have no problem paying a one time fee.

Imagine if they charged you for everything you want to do and gave you a shitty online currency points program, ontop of that. (M$)

Then, I could understand really being bothered by those prices.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast