Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please!

This is a discussion on Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please! within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Minarum Which game? And was it claimed as a launch title or just a game to be ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Which game? And was it claimed as a launch title or just a game to be released after the launch of the vita? If it's #2, then it doesnt matter.
    It is a launch title (well, not any more).
    Something along the lines of Let's Try Bass Fishing:
    PlayStation Vita Launch Fishing Game Delayed -- Andriasang.com

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfied View Post
    Well to be fair there is one game that has been delayed (at least), although its just some fishing game not many people care about.
    If I recall correctly that was delayed from being a launch title before the launch date for the Vita was even confirmed.

The Old Guy

I actually started to type this sentence: "For once, I completely agree with Ps360 - the decision to use these stupid cards and ridiculous prices for them are unacceptable and just one of many incomprehensible things that Sony is doing with the Vita to cripple what should have been a really exciting launch."

And then I saw the stupid dig about that archaic and gimmicky handheld from the other Japanese company... Why, Ps360, Why?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Can I just point out, there's no real need to rescind your comment if that's the case.
    It still stands considering they just converted the prices from Yen...
    Sure, but my point is the Yen prices are from Sony.

Prices aren't official, so I am stemming quite a bit of my reaction because its idiotic to assume there will be one price worldwide (It doesn't cost the same in every territory, why would the price be the same?), but the prices did come from Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    And then I saw the stupid dig about that archaic and gimmicky handheld from the other Japanese company... Why, Ps360, Why?
    Because PS360 really like gimmicks that add no real value... Or at the very least will let Nintendo get away with anything.

I understand HD gaming, that leap allows for more in-depth environments/textures that are more immersive, etc, etc. I've never understood where 3D adds anything, atleast not this 3D.

When we start getting into holographic 3D, yeah I get that because its real depth. Stereoscopic 3D though (which all of this is some form of stereoscopic) is not real depth, its still a 2D image thats being simulated as 3D.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

PRO Member

If you can't afford it save up for it, Sony has the right to charge what they want, why arent there thread Apple wants 1000$ for a phone or close to that for a tablet I mean with todays overpriced world Sony is just another player.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I agree with you

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Because PS360 really like gimmicks that add no real value...
    because i love innovative stuff, reguardless of the gimmick or not.

i will pay money for awesome futuristic shit. 3D screens that don't require glasses is one of those things.

Also i can't wait for holographic 3d Either. looks awesome from what i seen.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Wanna compare?

Remember the PS2?

Remember the HUGE 8 MB memory card?

Remember that it cost around $25 each?

Care to do the math on what one of those would cost if it had been 32GB?

In other words......QUIT BITCHING AND WHINING!!!!!

It's getting old!

That is all

PRO Member

I haven't even got the VITA, and I am not planning on buying it, but seriously??? how can the same memory card cost so much more?, I mean now ps360 hates ps3, but I can't believe most ppl are taking this lying down, How can you just let them rip offyou like that?, The only way 2 hurt a company is not 2 buy their products if you don't agree with their values. However if you can get cheaper memory cards, then it's all good

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    I haven't even got the VITA, and I am not planning on buying it, but seriously??? how can the same memory card cost so much more?, I mean now ps360 hates ps3, but I can't believe most ppl are taking this lying down, How can you just let them rip offyou like that?
    Please read above you 1 post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Wanna compare?

Remember the PS2?

Remember the HUGE 8 MB memory card?

Remember that it cost around $25 each?

Care to do the math on what one of those would cost if it had been 32GB?

In other words......QUIT BITCHING AND WHINING!!!!!

It's getting old!

That is all
    Now, on top of this. Do you want the Vita to become the next PSP? As far as being a system that was destroyed by piracy? Now since you don't even plan on buying the Vita, WTF are you even talking or spreading your voice on a matter that won't effect you? Now personally, and it's a fact, the PSP was destroyed by Piracy and I don't want to see that happen to the Vita. Atleast not for 3+ years. So I don't mind paying extra for a memory card, specially since the Vita will be so fking cheap. But on the flipside, unless you plan on buying a lot of PSN Vita games or leaving most of your games installed on the memory card, most likely you will not need to upgrade, or you can get the smaller end memory cards. You don't have to get the 32gb cards. And to answer your question about how the can the same memory card cost so much, because it's not the same memory card. Simple as that. Space wise, yes, security wise, no.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Look, I mentioned this in another thread, but it seems people either didn't read it, or couldn't respond to it, but were people born yesterday?

It's not about it being something Sony is making you buy, it's simply a new tech, and like all new tech it's expensive. All those people that wanted the iPhone as soon as it came out paid a hell of a lot more than those who waited. When the iPad came out, it cost a fortune, and still does, but the price gradually comes down. Same with every other tech, computers, DVD players, Blu-ray players, HDTV's, etc. When those techs were new they inherently cost more than they do right now. It's always been that way so to act all "betrayed" because something new costs so much, is well, stupid.

Don't want to spend so much, WAIT until the price goes down! It's as simple as that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Look, I mentioned this in another thread, but it seems people either didn't read it, or couldn't respond to it, but were people born yesterday?

It's not about it being something Sony is making you buy, it's simply a new tech, and like all new tech it's expensive. All those people that wanted the iPhone as soon as it came out paid a hell of a lot more than those who waited. When the iPad came out, it cost a fortune, and still does, but the price gradually comes down. Same with every other tech, computers, DVD players, Blu-ray players, HDTV's, etc. When those techs were new they inherently cost more than they do right now. It's always been that way so to act all "betrayed" because something new costs so much, is well, stupid.

Don't want to spend so much, WAIT until the price goes down! It's as simple as that.
    Lol, hope you weren't replying to me, because I was replying to KC1598.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Lol, hope you weren't replying to me, because I was replying to KC1598.
    Not at all, I'm just replying to anyone else who is crying and whining about tech being expensive when it first comes out. It's the name of the game, and has been for a very, very, very, very, very long time.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Not at all, I'm just replying to anyone else who is crying and whining about tech being expensive when it first comes out. It's the name of the game, and has been for a very, very, very, very, very long time.
    And nothing is ever going to change it! .

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Well I've read two articles about piracy on the Vita, one saying that propriety memory card formats will help Sony battle piracy and another reading how the Vita itself will do all the work.

I know that with the Vita it has complete control of what goes onto it and what not, so if you try to put a file on that it doesn't recognise it'll just reject it, but yeah...

Day-1 Hello World, the PS Vita already hacked? Wololo.net

well that security was completely useless.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It may be hacked, but it's months from the official release here in the USA (stock firmware that fills those security holes? You betcha).

Plus,I'd assume it's going to be more like the PS3 when it comes to network able game play. So basically, you want access to PSN, you better be on the latest firmware, otherwise you lose PSN access, which would essentially render the device useless unless you ONLY plan to use it for single player games, and even then they might even ship requiring the latest firmware (like PSP releases).

In the grand scheme of things, unless you only play single player games AND don't mind waiting for the latest CFW so you can play it, it's going to require more effort to remain hacked and bootleg software than it is to just pay for it, unless you think your time is worthless.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Do you actually read the articles you post or you just post whatever you find. He hasn't actually done anything yet and it is all just theory. There are a ton of obstacles in place, and I am sure Sony will now update their firmware to prevent even this from happening. I could also see if this actually does become a problem Sony will just remove the psp aspect from it. It would have been nice to be able to play PSP games but if it is a security risk then I can see Sony not wanting to have it in there, so thank you very much Hackers.

All in all it looks like your post (like most of your posts) was completely useless.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Was going to comment on how stupid you are but I saw Dr Mayus had already pointed out your stupidity, so take from that what you will.

Idiot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234