Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please!

This is a discussion on Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please! within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PS Vita memory cards priced in North America -Destructoid The North American prices for Sony's proprietary PS Vita memory cards ...

INTJ

Wanna 32 GB Memory Card for your vita? 119$ please!

PS Vita memory cards priced in North America -Destructoid

The North American prices for Sony's proprietary PS Vita memory cards have been released by GameStop, giving us a clue as to how much it'll cost us to keep our precious game saves. Clutch your wallets and check out the prices, listed below from smallest to largest:

4GB: $29.99
    8GB: $44.99
    16GB: $69.99
    32GB: $119.99

There you go. Choose your size requirement and add that onto the PlayStation Vita's starting price, folks!

So while sony is fucking you over here's the Comparison for SD Cards Prices On those sizes (SD cards can be used on the 3DS):

4 GB SD Card : $5.30
    8 GB SD Card: $10.95
    16 GB SD Card: $13.91
    32 GB SD Card: $38.99

Thank god for sony using Proprietory Formats to have a mini-monopoly on memory cards for your vita!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Who cares. I'll get it second hand.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Who cares. I'll get it second hand.

Why care that a company is screwing over their consumers with a terrible idea.

i think SCE is testing to see if their fanboys are apple-fanboy tier.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

As opposed to Nintendo releasing a 250$ system with no games until they finally started releasing remakes of games that are 15 years old?

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Urgh, more attacking of anything and everything else that you don't have your penis in :roll eyes:

Cant you just give us the facts and keep everything else to yourself.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Still hating on Sony, I see. Why not just enjoy the Vita games for once, when they come out? You can in fact buy the 4 GB memory card and still have enough for hundreds of saves. If they are anything like PS3 saves, they do not take up much space at all. I would still buy a Vita over a 3DS any day, as the latter is still a huge gimmick on Nintendo's part. On the other hand, I am too busy to divide my life between my PS3 and a Vita for now. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 1 - Bronze

More likely the PS VITA will use the media go app on the pc like the psp. I will buy a 16 or 32 gb card but will have most of my downloadable vita games on my pc where i have a 2 tb hard drive.And any games i want to play ill put on the card from my pc using media go not a big deal for me.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Normally I disagree with ps360 cause its normally a stretch/extreme...

But in this case she's absolutely right. This is just a dick move by Sony. These prices are so disgustingly high for absolutely no reason.Think about the psp (which had even more expensive prices then this when it was released) Then third party memory cards were made available at actual reasonable prices. You can get a 32 gb memory for like $30, yet they decide to charge like 4x the price.

Even if your a sony fan boy, please, please realize when something is wrong.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

i think SCE is testing to see if their fanboys are apple-fanboy tier
    i strongly agree with this statement
    thats why DLC is how it is today IMO
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'll take 8

Lvl 1 - Bronze

so ther for i only need 1 memory card and i will use my tax return to pay for it

PRO Member

Thank god for sony using Proprietory Formats to have a mini-monopoly on memory cards for your vita!
    Just for a little while... If the price is artificially inflated it will drop as soon as 3rd parties start making them. Sony can't actually have a monopoly, they will have to release the specs to certified 3rd parties. This isn't software...

I also really hate to say this, but are we sure this isn't Gamestop inflation? Reason being Gamestop has a history of shady retail practices and I just searched around... They are the only major retailer right now selling them.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS Vita memory cards priced in North America -Destructoid

So while sony is fucking you over here's the Comparison for SD Cards Prices On those sizes (SD cards can be used on the 3DS):

4 GB SD Card : $5.30
    8 GB SD Card: $10.95
    16 GB SD Card: $13.91
    32 GB SD Card: $38.99

I'm going for the 32gb card because I know I'll get enough use out of it to justify spending out for it. But I can understand peoples anger at the prices, thing is though Sony have gone propriety on these as a method to help prevent piracy, and lets face it if the Vita does get hacked it will ONLY be for piracy being as the Vita supports PSS so people can easily make games for it...

I'd rather pay more for a memory card then have the console hacked and developers dropping support for the console due to rampant piracy (see; PSP)

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    i strongly agree with this statement
    thats why DLC is how it is today IMO
    There's not much wrong with DLC today, sure some companies abuse DLC, and sell "DLC" which is actually just unlocking content already on the disc (looking at you Gears of War 3). But DLC when done properly is pretty good. (See; Borderlands, Fallout, GTA, Red Dead Redemption).

PRO Member

It wouldn't be so bad if three memory cards were at least 64 gigs. 32 for 100 bucks is pretty lane

Lvl 5 - Silver

I bet you'll end up buying both the vita and the 32 gig memcard on releaseday

Lvl 8 - Gold

the consumers have a choice whether or not to buy the product,so they wont be getting screwed,if the price is to high its sony who will be screwing themselves.Thats the wonderful thing about a free market.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by S810666 View Post
    I bet you'll end up buying both the vita and the 32 gig memcard on releaseday

i actually pre-ordered the first edition bundle, so technically ill be having 4 GB card with my vita

Digital Terror

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    the consumers have a choice whether or not to buy the product,so they wont be getting screwed,if the price is to high its sony who will be screwing themselves.Thats the wonderful thing about a free market.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I'm going for the 32gb card because I know I'll get enough use out of it to justify spending out for it. But I can understand peoples anger at the prices, thing is though Sony have gone propriety on these as a method to help prevent piracy, and lets face it if the Vita does get hacked it will ONLY be for piracy being as the Vita supports PSS so people can easily make games for it...
    Well this is about the memory cards, not the game cards. The memory cards are what you use to store your saved data/downloaded games.

There is no logical reason saved data can't be stored on flash cards unless Sony has some fancy firmware interface to get better bus speeds or something. Even then though I have a hard time buying it. I'll accept it as long as prices are fair though, these aren't.

As I said before though, we have one price from one retailer. I'm not convinced yet that they aren't inflating the price themselves. After all the 2nd word in MSRP is suggested, there aren't any requirements Gamestop has to sell various products for a certain price.

I find it just as likely that Gamestop is saying "Holy shit, we are gonna have these up before Amazon, BBY, etc, lets see if we can't nab a few suckers before Sony comes in," as I do Sony trying to gouge some prices before 3rd party competition comes into play. This, of course, is assuming the prices are artificially inflated, we won't know that until either Sony smacks down GS or 3rd parties enter the picture.

On the GAME CARD side though, everybody uses proprietary formats. Some of them are done poorly (UMD), but most are alright. Even the 3DS/DS uses a proprietary format for its game cards. The question with the game card format is just how accessible it is, and thats why Sony went to flash-based stuff for the VITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    There's not much wrong with DLC today, sure some companies abuse DLC, and sell "DLC" which is actually just unlocking content already on the disc (looking at you Gears of War 3). But DLC when done properly is pretty good. (See; Borderlands, Fallout, GTA, Red Dead Redemption).
    The people who believe what TSS believes about DLC will never be convinced, no matter how rational or logical your arguments are, that DLC is ok.

Doesn't matter that you aren't forced to buy it, that statistically speaking there is no evidence less content is in games, etc, etc.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Well this is about the memory cards, not the game cards. The memory cards are what you use to store your saved data/downloaded games.

There is no logical reason saved data can't be stored on flash cards unless Sony has some fancy firmware interface to get better bus speeds or something. Even then though I have a hard time buying it. I'll accept it as long as prices are fair though, these aren't.

As I said before though, we have one price from one retailer. I'm not convinced yet that they aren't inflating the price themselves. After all the 2nd word in MSRP is suggested, there aren't any requirements Gamestop has to sell various products for a certain price.

I find it just as likely that Gamestop is saying "Holy shit, we are gonna have these up before Amazon, BBY, etc, lets see if we can't nab a few suckers before Sony comes in," as I do Sony trying to gouge some prices before 3rd party competition comes into play. This, of course, is assuming the prices are artificially inflated, we won't know that until either Sony smacks down GS or 3rd parties enter the picture.

On the GAME CARD side though, everybody uses proprietary formats. Some of them are done poorly (UMD), but most are alright. Even the 3DS/DS uses a proprietary format for its game cards. The question with the game card format is just how accessible it is, and thats why Sony went to flash-based stuff for the VITA.
    Well I've read two articles about piracy on the Vita, one saying that propriety memory card formats will help Sony battle piracy and another reading how the Vita itself will do all the work.

I know that with the Vita it has complete control of what goes onto it and what not, so if you try to put a file on that it doesn't recognise it'll just reject it, but yeah...

The people who believe what TSS believes about DLC will never be convinced, no matter how rational or logical your arguments are, that DLC is ok.

Doesn't matter that you aren't forced to buy it, that statistically speaking there is no evidence less content is in games, etc, etc.
    It's easy to prove if the DLC was already on the disc or not, but yeah impossible to prove if content was cut out of development to then be sold as DLC...

But as a whole, DLC =/= Bad.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast