Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You cannot web browse while playing games

This is a discussion on You cannot web browse while playing games within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; who cares meh!...

PRO Member

who cares meh!

Vive La Révelation!

Honestly I don't really care anyway. That's what my laptop is for.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    it isnt irrelevant,it was actually reported that you would be able to do this,so the fact you cant makes this post relevant.
    It has been? By Sony or another reporting company like Destructoid? I've personally never heard anything like this being reported, now what WAS reported was cross game chat on the Vita.

The Site Mascot

Are you serious?! Ok I can suspend Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS, open the web browser, go to Gamefaqs, look up a Big Poe map, press home, and go back to my game. Oh and as soon as I reopen the browser to find the next poe it's on the same page! Sony I love your products but WHAT HE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO THE VITA?!?!?!?

Ok it's not THAT big of a deal but the point is Nintendo's 3DS CAN do what the Vita can't.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by ATHF89 View Post
    Are you serious?! Ok I can suspend Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS, open the web browser, go to Gamefaqs, look up a Big Poe map, press home, and go back to my game. Oh and as soon as I reopen the browser to find the next poe it's on the same page! Sony I love your products but WHAT HE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO THE VITA?!?!?!?

Ok it's not THAT big of a deal but the point is Nintendo's 3DS CAN do what the Vita can't.
    You mean play 15 year old games but charge brand new prices for them. Yup it sure can do that.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

The Site Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You mean play 15 year old games but charge brand new prices for them. Yup it sure can do that.
    At least Nintendo can make games.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Lvl 9 - Gold

If you call remaking the same game over 50+ times, then sure. But just out of curiousity, wtf are you going on about? Sony HAS developed quite a few games, and they publish a shit load of them. *facepalm*...

Whatever floats your boat.

Resident PHD

Nintendo used to make games name 10 games in this generation that are true AAA games. Not games you like or anything like that but true AAA must have games. I can name Mario Galaxy, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime 3, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Everything else is mediocre at best.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Gotham's Reckoning

Couldn't care less, I use my laptop for browsing the internet.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

But do you have to restart the game?

See this is my major problem, I really haven't found a clear and commonly accepted for "at the same time." I'm a PC guy, to me "at the same time" means both programs are physically up and running and open at the same time. I've yet to own a portable device that allowed me to do that. It may save my spot in the game, but I still have to close the game.

Even my iPhone does this, and the apple techs claims the iPhone can surf the web and play games at the same time.

The reason I'm bringing this up is: Are we over-reacting? The PSP could do what the iPhone does, you can suspend the game/exit it, surf the web, then return.

And if you really like Nintendo's games, just gtfo then. I'll keep a system that invents new IPs on a regular basis (just look, Sony has made more new IPs this generation than Nintendo has in the last 3). Seriously I'm starting to think Yahtzee and I are the only two sane, logical people when it comes to Nintendo in the entire fucking universe, which shocks me because Yahtzee hates games.

Everytime a Mario or Zelda game comes out I borrow it from a friend because I actually did really like a Link to the Past and Mario Sunshine/Super Mario Galaxy. Everytime I'm left saying "that game was fun, but it wasn't anything special." Then I come on forums like these and read about how Uncharted, Dead Space, or something else is complete shit, but oh LoZ is absolutely amazing.... A game with no real characters (seriously, how is Link a character?) that hasn't introduced any real gameplay elements or taken any risks in the last 7 iterations. Not saying Uncharted and Dead Space are the greatest games ever, but atleast Uncharted has interesting characters, a good story, and innovative environments and Dead Space has some of the best art direction in the industry.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123