Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Want to log into more than one PSN Account on Vita? Do a Factory Reset

This is a discussion on Want to log into more than one PSN Account on Vita? Do a Factory Reset within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PS Vita's One Account Policy Clarified As NeoGAF discovered over the weekend, the PS Vita allows only one PlayStation Network ...

INTJ

Want to log into more than one PSN Account on Vita? Do a Factory Reset

PS Vita's One Account Policy Clarified
    As NeoGAF discovered over the weekend, the PS Vita allows only one PlayStation Network account per portable.

Whatever does that mean?

In a FAQ from a Vita hands-on event with the general public, the question regarding the number of accounts per system was answered as such (translation via GAF's mehdi_san): "Only 1 account. If you want to to use a different account, you need to format the system to factory settings."

Via Twitter, Sony's Brad Douglas, Sony Japan's Third-Party Relations man, clarified the issue, pointing out that the PlayStation Portable also limits players to one account. "The only difference is that Vita requires you to do a factory reset when logging into a new acc[ount]."

The PlayStation Portable, however, does not.

The reason why many PlayStation users have multiple accounts is so that they can play region specific digital titles available in, for example, the Japanese PSN Store as well as content available in their home country.

https://twitter.com/#!/kazamatsuri/s...99046993723392

PRO Member

The reason why many PlayStation users have multiple accounts is so that they can play region specific digital titles available in, for example, the Japanese PSN Store as well as content available in their home country.
    Or if more than one family member uses it. With Trophies for Vita what if I want to earn them on my account and not my wifes?
    77th platinum: LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes (PS3). 86th PSN/non-platinum 100%: My Singing Monsters. NightRaven77's Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

Wow, that is almost a deal breaker for me. How the fuck can I get downloadable Jap & UK games?

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

PRO Member

it is a terrible problem for a lot of people who are/was going to share the handheld

Lvl 6 - Silver

Cant you only have one account at a time on the PSP ?????
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PRO Member

no you can have more than 1

Resident PHD

While this is annoying I guess, how is this different than the 3ds? Once again when Nintendo does it it is fine, but if Sony does it it is a problem?

You can still have multiple saves on games, just one person can earn trophies. So really all this fuss is about trophies and not games. I love trophies as much as the next person but they hardly seem like the kind of thing to get upset about.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dividsmythe View Post
    no you can have more than 1
    No on the PSP you can only have 1. The only Sony console to have more then 1 is the PS3.

Anyway, as for how I feel about this? Bit miffed by it, still getting the Vita but god damn was I hoping for multiple accounts.

I want to be able to play Japanese content on it, and SCEE are crap at updating the EU PSN Store -_-.

I think we EU's need to make some noise to get SCEE to pull their finger out when it comes to store updates, that and they should do something like PSone Japanese imports for PSP games.

PRO Member

its called making money

think about it, you have a house with lets say 3 kids and they all love their ps3....

and they hear that the new Vita is coming out and the parents say well lets get it for them for Christmas.

so the kids open it up and start setting it all up only to realize that they can one use one of their accounts (crying, whining and tempers soon occur)

the parents in order to calm their kids go to the store and now have to buy 2 more (not including games if there is multi-player)

so Sony now sells 2 more just because of one inconvenience of people that share in their household
    My signature use to be awesome (rules of the forum) now i feel like I've been tossed aside and stripped clean of everything

Crocodile Hunter

it dnt really bother me, im not into the multi-regional plat thing

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    No on the PSP you can only have 1. The only Sony console to have more then 1 is the PS3.

Anyway, as for how I feel about this? Bit miffed by it, still getting the Vita but god damn was I hoping for multiple accounts.

I want to be able to play Japanese content on it, and SCEE are crap at updating the EU PSN Store -_-.

I think we EU's need to make some noise to get SCEE to pull their finger out when it comes to store updates, that and they should do something like PSone Japanese imports for PSP games.
    Sorry you cant have more than 1 but you dont have to factory reset unlike the vita

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Cant you only have one account at a time on the PSP ?????
    Correct, I don't see this as being a big problem at all unless people do A Lot of PSN shopping in other countries... Or game sharing. Other than that, I see this effecting no one.

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    it dnt really bother me, im not into the multi-regional plat thing
    If that's the reason about this, then this doesn't bother me as well

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Correct, I don't see this as being a big problem at all unless people do A Lot of PSN shopping in other countries... Or game sharing. Other than that, I see this effecting no one.
    It mostly only effects me because I play a lot of Japanese imported PSP games.
    And because SCEE PSN is a piece of shit when it comes to content. Hopefully they work on other methods for us, such as PSP imports on PSN, and actually updating the PSN store...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

a deal breaker lol wtf it doesnt make a difference to me i have a uk and a japanese account but i barely go on them only to check whats in the store and if someone wants to use your vita then too bad!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    It mostly only effects me because I play a lot of Japanese imported PSP games.
    And because SCEE PSN is a piece of shit when it comes to content. Hopefully they work on other methods for us, such as PSP imports on PSN, and actually updating the PSN store...
    Imported PSP games through PSN or UMD? Either way it shouldn't make a difference because you still have your PSP to play those games on. Now if you're talking about importing Vita games from JP PSN, diff story.

The Bushiest Pig

I can see how this will/may aggrivate some people, personally I don't care. I never buy from the Japan or UK store as is on my PS3.

Ghost Assassin

I thought it was like this already on psp's... Oh well, it doesn't really affect me.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    While this is annoying I guess, how is this different than the 3ds?
    you can use multiple accounts on the 3DS

you just have to unlink a account and link another, there is no factory resets or any retarded shit like that.

Kiwi Defender

I expected them to do this anyway.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast