Vita Manual reveals replaceable battery/No manual for games

This is a discussion on Vita Manual reveals replaceable battery/No manual for games within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PlayStation®Vita User's Guide at least Sony didn't fuck up one thing that was needed. Ill be waiting for the Nyko ...

INTJ

Vita Manual reveals replaceable battery/No manual for games

PlayStation®Vita User's Guide

at least Sony didn't fuck up one thing that was needed. Ill be waiting for the Nyko Battery.

also other things:

The PS button lights blue when you have notifications/messages.
    You can have six Live Area apps open at once. When you open a seventh, the first app opened is terminated.
    You can have 100 Live Area icons on the main pages (you can delete icons, edit their order, the background image, etc).
    The PC management software provides a blanket backup/restore function for all the data on your card.
    Downloaded games are installed automatically when you go back to the home screen. When installation of a game is complete, the game icon appears on the home screen.
    You can synchronise trophies with the PSN and view them on PS3. Platinum trophies are also included.
    The Vita takes around two hours to charge and a full charge provides around 4-5 hours of gaming.
    HORROR: PS Vita games will ship without manuals -Destructoid

Gamers have lamented the death of the quality game manual for years, but it seems that the PlayStation Vita hopes to truly hammer that final nail in. It appears that Vita games will ship without manuals at all, instead keeping its rules and tutorials strictly digital.

The Vita version of Marvel vs. Capcom was the first to do this, confirming that it would use a digital manual. Inside Games then obtained some other Vita game early and found that it, too, lacked a physical booklet. This would indicate that's a standard practice.

Sounds good to me. Manuals have steadily grown less useful over time, and I find that in-game tutorials are far better at teaching players than an exterior list of directions. Manuals, who needs 'em?
    Last edited by Compalicious; 12-16-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

The only thing that i hate is that a Vita will only support one account, i have a brother -_-

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

at least Sony didn't fuck up one thing that was needed. Ill be waiting for the Nyko Battery.

also other things:
    Sounds like the full charge game time has improved since E3?
    Plus it is good to hear they went back on the "no replaceable battery", I'll be buying the extra life one.

Now that they've corrected the mistake that was announcing the Vita will allow for multiple accounts they need to work on an alternative.

PRO Member

I could see ppl screw this up

Lvl 9 - Gold

also other things:

HORROR: PS Vita games will ship without manuals -Destructoid
    As for games without manuals, that's been going on with some retail games for years now. Also, why Nyko battery? You can even charge your electronic devices on planes now. So a 3-9 hour life span is not needed .(if you remember my argument on being able to charge your electronic devices anywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    The only thing that i hate is that a Vita will only support one account, i have a brother -_-
    Umm, Vita will support multiple accounts with the use of memory cards unless something changed recently. But either way, why does it matter? Unless your brother wants to do some trophy hunting it won't really change anything.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Umm, Vita will support multiple accounts with the use of memory cards unless something changed recently. But either way, why does it matter? Unless your brother wants to do some trophy hunting it won't really change anything.
    No it's all changed again 1 vita per psn account unfortunately

Sony: Only One PSN Account per Vita After All - VITA News at IGN

Indie Game Developer

While that battery is definitely "replaceable," it is definitely not removable which is what people were bitching about. You can't, for instance, take two batteries on a train/plane ride and swap them on the go... There are screws involved here.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

PRO Member

This whole Vita idea seems to be going down the drain, what with the battery and the multiple accounts, however as there is some confusion about the actual features, so we're I'm gonna wait and see what the finished product is actually like.... before passing judgement..

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    This whole Vita idea seems to be going down the drain, what with the battery and the multiple accounts, however as there is some confusion about the actual features, so we're I'm gonna wait and see what the finished product is actually like.... before passing judgement..
    Sony themselves are confused about how the Vita works... imagine how us "people" are feeling.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

INTJ

As for games without manuals, that's been going on with some retail games for years now. Also, why Nyko battery? You can even charge your electronic devices on planes now. So a 3-9 hour life span is not needed .(if you remember my argument on being able to charge your electronic devices anywhere)
    because i take a plane every day to wherever i go

Lvl 9 - Gold

because i take a plane every day to wherever i go
    So you don't remember the conversation we had before? Typical. Since i love repeating myself and always proving you wrong. Unless you live in a 3rd world country where electricity is limited, live on the streets(as in poor so you can't afford the system), Or taking a long plane ride(which is void now). You have no excuse to be able to reach a outlet to charge your electronics. Even people living on the streets have access to outlets for free. There are charging stations and outlets EVERYWHERE you go except possibly a bus. I haven't taken a charter/city bus in 6+ years so I dunno. But living in the US and outlets being available to access in your everyday journey. Nothing you say can justify needing a longer battery life. 3 hours is plenty. And try and remember previous discussions, it's very easy to do and it really makes you look ignorant with a response like that. Not to mention it makes no fking sense. Kthxbyetryagain.

Quote Originally Posted by dividsmythe View Post
    No it's all changed again 1 vita per psn account unfortunately

Sony: Only One PSN Account per Vita After All - VITA News at IGN
    Ahh ty, and oh well. Only people this will effect is people like Oxymoron.

INTJ

So you don't remember the conversation we had before? Typical. Since i love repeating myself and always proving you wrong. Unless you live in a 3rd world country where electricity is limited, live on the streets(as in poor so you can't afford the system), Or taking a long plane ride(which is void now). You have no excuse to be able to reach a outlet to charge your electronics. Even people living on the streets have access to outlets for free.

try to charge anything at pax east

or a concert

or a themepark

or anywhere that is outside.

also where are these outside outlets, i never seen any so they obviously dont exist.

Lvl 9 - Gold

try to charge anything at pax east

or a concert

or a themepark

or anywhere that is outside.

also where are these outside outlets, i never seen any so they obviously dont exist.
    LOL, so your going to be playing your games and music on the vita or electronic stuff at a concert and a themepark? Might be the dumbest thing I've heard in years... JC, as far as PAX East, Dunno the lay out of the place, but I'm sure you won't be using your Vita in there unless whats the point of even going? Same with your concert and themepark, which btw. Themeparks DO have outlets you can charge your shit at... Atleast mine do..

Now as far as outside outlets, when did I ever say anything about an outside outlet? If you want to get technical, I'd say atleast 95% of houses, or more have outside outlets. Go check your daddy's house, so you just contradicted your own statement, but what I was referring to. Was people that were poor that couldn't afford the Vita. But they still have access to Starbucks, barnes and noble, and many other places people like to go to "chill" and charge their electronic devises. Many places tried to put a ban on people doing that, but it didn't fly too well. Do you really make it a point to just make yourself look this bad at every invalid point you bring up? Use your head and take a minute to think instead of speaking before thinking...

So again, ktbta.