Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game

This is a discussion on No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; See I don't really get why everyone is so worked up about the trivial parts of this system and try ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

See I don't really get why everyone is so worked up about the trivial parts of this system and try to make it sound worse than it is...Who cares if you ahve to buy the games new...at $40 they are the price of most used games anyway. In addition to that, Sony didn't even have to include the trophy system on the Vita, they could have left it the same as the PSP with no trophies. So yes they are giving us something that we want and all they ask in return is to buy games new? Seems fair to me...

what's more important is what you are going to need with AT&T for the 3G model. I want to know why there is no information anywhere on this...if you will need some type of lame contract, pricing and monthly fees, etc... Why is this such a big secret?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Gotta love how people don't understand why developers and publishers don't like the used market. Ah well those idiots bring some humour to the internet.

Lvl 9 - Gold

looks like ill be buying more games

PRO Member

I would be pissed off, but I don't know what the price point for the games will be. Hopefully not more than $40.
    Last edited by SideEffect; 12-18-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Gotham's Reckoning

Well this sucks, looks like I'm going to be forking out even more money for games now .

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

This is starting to sound like one of the worst ideas for a machine ever, there is no freedom for the user, and I know freedom means people will buy used games etc and they will not make money etc, but I think this is 2 far, I'm not even going 2 consider buying this, but hey they could suprise me, they may be a market for the Vita, it just isn't me, edit : if the games are cheap enough brand new it won't be such a bad thing, but I doubt they will be that cheap..

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    This is starting to sound like one of the worst ideas for a machine ever, there is no freedom for the user, and I know freedom means people will buy used games etc and they will not make money etc, but I think this is 2 far, I'm not even going 2 consider buying this, but hey they could suprise me, they may be a market for the Vita, it just isn't me, edit : if the games are cheap enough brand new it won't be such a bad thing, but I doubt they will be that cheap..
    There has been a lot of complaining on this site about these features, and granted I can see your points. But the average gamer doesn't care about trophies and to them this won't matter at all. Just like multiple accounts won't matter. All of the complaints are mainly revolving around trophy collecting.

Now this is kind of sad, Trophies are awesome but have we forgotten what gaming is about. How about getting the Vita to play great games and not to increase your imaginary trophy score. People are concentrating on such stupid and mundane problems and are deciding their purchases based off of that. Every report about the actual games have been great (and from personal experience I can tell you the games I have played have been awesome).

If you don't want to buy the Vita that is fine, but like I said in the other post while everyone here is sitting at home bitching about not being able to earn trophies on used games and having to share their account with their siblings I am going to be enjoying some awesome games.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Because they don't make money off of pre-owned games iirc. Places like Gamestop, when a copy gets traded to them then sold they make all teh profit. So with this thing here it seems to be focused on trophy hunters.

Personally, while I see how this could be a problem for others, I HATE buying used games. 90% of my current games are new.
    ONLY buying games new means 1 of 2 things, (new must haves excluded)
    first your a half tard and weren't raised correctly,
    or 2nd your rich.
    now if its the latter, you`re still a half tard for just wasting money when you get the SAME game, (unless theres an online part)

Now my opinion, this really sucks on Sonys part and "will" limit the amount of games people buy. they "could" do the same $10 use activation or even a more reasonable $5 used activation.

I`m still not getting it for a year or 2 after it comes out.
    Sorry Sony will have to with its billions it has and lose my couple hundred of bucks

ps how `bout those Flyers.....
    Last edited by CaptainHowdy72; 12-17-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

turns out, you can delete the save off the card an get trophies.
    i dont have a link to this, but I tweeted my/our frustrations an got this for a response from Shuhei Yoshida

Shuhei Yoshida @yosp 16 Dec

tweet, tweet, tweeting from my PS Vita
    Rob Oteri Rob Oteri @CaptainHowdy72 16m

@yosp no trophies for used games....LAME NOT GETTING IT! VITA = FAIL!
    Shuhei Yoshida Shuhei Yoshida @yosp 6m

@CaptainHowdy72 you can delete the save and restart the game and get trophies.
    Rob Oteri Rob Oteri @CaptainHowdy72

@yosp thank you

Lvl 9 - Gold

This may be a good thing or it can be a bad thing. See, if you know that a game has impossible trophies and you don't want the 0% on your list just buy it used. But there are people that buy ALL their games used. So this will effect them.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 8 - Gold

another,fuck the consumer move on sonys part.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    So far most of your points are pretty void to 99% of gamers... But as far as cheap new games. Amazon and ebay, I've been buying new games there at an extremely low price for too many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    There has been a lot of complaining on this site about these features, and granted I can see your points. But the average gamer doesn't care about trophies and to them this won't matter at all. Just like multiple accounts won't matter. All of the complaints are mainly revolving around trophy collecting.

Now this is kind of sad, Trophies are awesome but have we forgotten what gaming is about. How about getting the Vita to play great games and not to increase your imaginary trophy score. People are concentrating on such stupid and mundane problems and are deciding their purchases based off of that. Every report about the actual games have been great (and from personal experience I can tell you the games I have played have been awesome).

If you don't want to buy the Vita that is fine, but like I said in the other post while everyone here is sitting at home bitching about not being able to earn trophies on used games and having to share their account with their siblings I am going to be enjoying some awesome games.
    I agree 100% and you said it the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    or 2nd your rich.
    now if its the latter, you`re still a half tard for just wasting money when you get the SAME game, (unless theres an online part)

Now my opinion, this really sucks on Sonys part and "will" limit the amount of games people buy. they "could" do the same $10 use activation or even a more reasonable $5 used activation.

I`m still not getting it for a year or 2 after it comes out.
    Sorry Sony will have to with its billions it has and lose my couple hundred of bucks

ps how `bout those Flyers.....
    I only buy new and I save a ton of money because I buy smart and online. As I've explained 100's of times, unless you don't have a credit card or debit card and are under the age of 18.. Then you are excluded from this. But anyone that is 18+ and has a CC or DC, SHOP ONLINE. You can get new releases for $5-40 new at any time. I don't feel bad for anyone that shops at gamestop.

Take white friday and cyber monday for instance. I spent a total of MAYBE $100 on new released and older games. I now have over 15 new games in plastic, stock piling on my shelf. Theres no way in hell I'd be able to get that in retail stores unless they are going out of business and actually have a deal...

turns out, you can delete the save off the card an get trophies.
    i dont have a link to this, but I tweeted my/our frustrations an got this for a response from Shuhei Yoshida

Shuhei Yoshida @yosp 16 Dec

tweet, tweet, tweeting from my PS Vita
    Rob Oteri Rob Oteri @CaptainHowdy72 16m

@yosp no trophies for used games....LAME NOT GETTING IT! VITA = FAIL!
    Shuhei Yoshida Shuhei Yoshida @yosp 6m

@CaptainHowdy72 you can delete the save and restart the game and get trophies.
    Rob Oteri Rob Oteri @CaptainHowdy72

@yosp thank you
    If that's the case then that's better for everyone that complains about the expensive used game price.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    another,fuck the consumer move on sonys part.
    Only for trophies, this in no way effects anyone and their ability to play games... So no fucking going on here.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    So far most of your points are pretty void to 99% of gamers... But as far as cheap new games. Amazon and ebay, I've been buying new games there at an extremely low price for too many years now.

I agree 100% and you said it the best.

I only buy new and I save a ton of money because I buy smart and online. As I've explained 100's of times, unless you don't have a credit card or debit card and are under the age of 18.. Then you are excluded from this. But anyone that is 18+ and has a CC or DC, SHOP ONLINE. You can get new releases for $5-40 new at any time. I don't feel bad for anyone that shops at gamestop.

Take white friday and cyber monday for instance. I spent a total of MAYBE $100 on new released and older games. I now have over 15 new games in plastic, stock piling on my shelf. Theres no way in hell I'd be able to get that in retail stores unless they are going out of business and actually have a deal...

If that's the case then that's better for everyone that complains about the expensive used game price.

Only for trophies, this in no way effects anyone and their ability to play games... So no fucking going on here.
    2 things,
    1, where are the sites for $5 - $40 new releases
    2 white Friday, LOLOLOLOL

on a side note, I just realized I posted my real name from twitter, oh well

Regional Manager of War

This is not a bad feature because trophies are just add on content not the main core of a video game. I'm surprised Sony would do this anyways because most consumers can care less about trophies so why introduce something that might effect 1% of your consumers.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBulletBill View Post
    Oh! CaptainHowdy's post makes it sound like this is a very different thing from the OP. If trophies are only disabled with old save files, that means Sony's working to maintain the trophy system's legitimacy, which is a good thing for all of us hunters. I really hope that's the true story...
    I only hope its true. only time will tell

Lvl 9 - Gold

2 things,
    1, where are the sites for $5 - $40 new releases
    2 white Friday, LOLOLOLOL

on a side note, I just realized I posted my real name from twitter, oh well
    Ebay and Amazon, as I posted above.

The Deathly Rhythm

Sony can do something like that?? Thats stupid as hell, why disable trophies for used games?
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

The Bushiest Pig

or 2nd your rich.
    This is maing YOU seem like the tard. Is it wrong for me to want my game to be new and perfect instead of getting some meh hand me down that has marks on the case and or disc and a bad manual? I buy around 5 games a year on release, the rest I wait for a price drop or ask my parents for X-mas. I am also by no means rich, I save my money up to get this stuff.

But when you say it makes you a half tard for liking to buy games new AND telling me I wasn't raise correctly because of that just makes you seem like an ignorant ass.

P.S. ueah my Flyers be kickin ass.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    This is maing YOU seem like the tard. Is it wrong for me to want my game to be new and perfect instead of getting some meh hand me down that has marks on the case and or disc and a bad manual? I buy around 5 games a year on release, the rest I wait for a price drop or ask my parents for X-mas. I am also by no means rich, I save my money up to get this stuff.

But when you say it makes you a half tard for liking to buy games new AND telling me I wasn't raise correctly because of that just makes you seem like an ignorant ass.

P.S. ueah my Flyers be kickin ass.
    i get perfect games used and new, if you want the manual, grab a case that has one in it...
    hand me down? really? see my comment holds true about you
    and i buy my own games NOT from mommy or daddy

p.s.
    shut out by my Bruins some ass kicking eh?

PRO Member

Sony for the win. lol Very smart move. And for those us saying that because of this, they rather have the PSP, or at least use this in support of why they prefer the PSP, it doesn't make sense because PSP doesn't even have trophy support. Your argument is invalid.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast