Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game

This is a discussion on No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 ONLY buying games new means 1 of 2 things, (new must haves excluded) first your a ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    ONLY buying games new means 1 of 2 things, (new must haves excluded)
    first your a half tard and weren't raised correctly,
    or 2nd your rich.
    now if its the latter, you`re still a half tard for just wasting money when you get the SAME game, (unless theres an online part)

Now my opinion, this really sucks on Sonys part and "will" limit the amount of games people buy. they "could" do the same $10 use activation or even a more reasonable $5 used activation.

I`m still not getting it for a year or 2 after it comes out.
    Sorry Sony will have to with its billions it has and lose my couple hundred of bucks

ps how `bout those Flyers.....
    This isn't going to hurt anybody except 2nd hard dealers and people that buy from them. This might affect the number of games bought, but not the number of games sold. Sony isn't losing any money off of this. Actually, the whole point of this is to make is so that they make money. Now people are forced to give their money to Sony rather than Gamestop. Trophy hunters and whores at least.

Lvl 6 - Silver

this whole thing may be a moot point if you can erase the save like I posted earlier.
    until we get them in the states, or someone somewhere tries it, its out of my head.
    at least for now

The Bushiest Pig

i get perfect games used and new, if you want the manual, grab a case that has one in it...
    hand me down? really? see my comment holds true about you
    and i buy my own games NOT from mommy or daddy

p.s.
    shut out by my Bruins some ass kicking eh?
    Mommy and Daddy only buy me games at X-mas. But I, like a lot of people, would rather have new things. To me there is nothing better then taking the wrapper of a fresh new game and opening it for the first time.

PRO Member

I'm actually happy about this. Sony is a business and it "suffers" from 2nd hand sales. If trophies are the only reason why you play games, then you are NOT a gamer. I recently decided that I'd be buying my Sony exclusives new anyways. Gaming has been my life since I was playing Streets of Rage and I want to help out Sony in anyway I can. So, Sony exclusives, I'm buying new. I'm not rich, so I understand what it's like to buy used games and why they are so good to a consumer, but It's whatever. Each side has valid points and neither side is wrong. We just have to choose a side: For the Industry or for Us. I'm for the industry, to tell you the truth. But I'm an avid used game buyer as well. Hell, on GS's last B2G1 sale, I bought 27 games with the money I saved up, most of them old though. I hate gamestop and only like the used games sales. This change will be hard for some people, including me, but Sony has every right and reason to do it, so why not? And this puts pressure on GS, so I can aid on shutting them down, or at least hurt the business, it makes me feel better anyways.

PRO Member

That's how I felt when I bought Yakuza 4 the other day. It was on sale New and still in the plastic. It felt so good opening that baby.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Mommy and Daddy only buy me games at X-mas. But I, like a lot of people, would rather have new things. To me there is nothing better then taking the wrapper of a fresh new game and opening it for the first time.
    you do know gamestop employees open and play the games at home, and then wait for it........
    re-wrap them! I know shocking huh?
    and new things are great, but not if its the SAME F`ING thing ONLY CHEAPER lol refer to my earlier comment
    whatever, its your money

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hate one time uses...

The biggest problem I see with this is that Trophies for older games will become limited or "extinct". They can't make new games forever, and digital distribution isn't exactly with every game. So for those that are not able to buy so many games at once this becomes a real headache adding time a lot sooner then later. I honestly just see this as more punishing the customer then fighting the used game market.

Lvl 8 - Gold

ONLY buying games new means 1 of 2 things, (new must haves excluded)
    first your a half tard and weren't raised correctly,
    or 2nd your rich.
    now if its the latter, you`re still a half tard for just wasting money when you get the SAME game, (unless theres an online part)

Now my opinion, this really sucks on Sonys part and "will" limit the amount of games people buy. they "could" do the same $10 use activation or even a more reasonable $5 used activation.

I`m still not getting it for a year or 2 after it comes out.
    Sorry Sony will have to with its billions it has and lose my couple hundred of bucks

ps how `bout those Flyers.....
    Better being a half tard then a full on ****** like you.

The Bushiest Pig

you do know gamestop employees open and play the games at home, and then wait for it........
    and new things are great, but not if its the SAME F`ING thing ONLY CHEAPER lol refer to my earlier comment
    whatever, its your money
    Also with new games, you know EXACTLY what you are getting. Buying used, it may freeze a lot or be unplayable. Someone could have possibly wipped everything off it (is that possible?).

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Better being a half tard then a full on ****** like you.
    True, at least with me being a half tard I still have some wits about me lol

PRO Member

Ok, I don't if this has been said or not throughout this thread but...
    My take on the whole no trophies for used save data is that this system compares to the PS3. On the PS3 you can't use another users save data to unlock trophies so why the hell should we be able to do it on a vita. Remember renting or buying used a gameboy game with the game already completed, the same applies to the vita, it wouldn't be fair or fun to just pop in the game cartridge and earn a platinum.
    Now I'm hoping for a save data reset or deletion feature that enables the new user to play for trophies without using the old users save. With out having an official statement from sony about deleting game saves then I will be waiting on purchasing the vita until the price drops considerably. I'm looking forward to the vita for trophies and being able to use gamefly, you can call me cheap or stupid for playing for trophies, but that is what makes me happy, so yeah.

Lvl 5 - Silver

If you can earn trophies on your user main account on a PS3 by playing rented/used games.You should also be able to earn trophies on that same user main account on a PS Vita, simple, they may be doing what they need to guarentee sales, but when was the last time SONY said , sorry you cant earn any trophies on that used/rented copy of Uncharted 3 on your PS3?

They implemented all games past such date on PS3 are required to have trophies, now with there big push all this year with the VITA,it was awesome to hear it will have trophies, but hearing this is like a double standard with SONY , there making two sets of rules for trophies, and thats bullshit.

Just my opinion , i buy new & used for my PS3 , but if i bought a used game, & put it in the PS3 & it said "sorry no trophies available on this USED game" or sumtn like that,that would be frustrating, they should have the same trophy feature's with the VITA as what they have for the PS3(meaning trophies earned on any copy of a game new/used while its played on that gamer tag), especially if the trophies are combined on the PS3 &VITA.

I mean just imagine you & a friend both get a Vita , your friend says ok i'll buy the new Wipeout , you buy that new Uncharted, & we'll swap when were each done?.. But you wont get trophies on the one your friend loans you...If the same example can be done with games on the PS3 , you should be able to do it with the VITA, which you can of course but no trophies.
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 12-18-2011 at 09:01 AM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    If you can earn trophies on your user main account on a PS3 by playing rented/used games.You should also be able to earn trophies on that same user main account on a PS Vita, simple, they may be doing what they need to guarentee sales, but when was the last time SONY said , sorry you cant earn any trophies on that used/rented copy of Uncharted 3 on your PS3?

They implemented all games past such date on PS3 are required to have trophies, now with there big push all this year with the VITA,it was awesome to hear it will have trophies, but hearing this is like a double standard with SONY , there making two sets of rules for trophies, and thats bullshit.

Just my opinion , i buy new & used for my PS3 , but if i bought a used game, & put it in the PS3 & it said "sorry no trophies available on this USED game" or sumtn like that,that would be frustrating, they should have the same trophy feature with the VITA as what they have for the PS3, especially if the trophies are combined on the same gamer tag.

I mean just imagine you & a friend both get a Vita , your friend says ok i'll buy the new Wipeout , you buy that new Uncharted, & we'll swap when were each done?.. But you wont get trophies on the one your friend loans you...If the same example can be done with games on the PS3 , you should be able to do it with the VITA, which you can of course but no trophies.

The difference between the PS3 and vita is that ps3 is disc format( save data is written on harddrive) where as the vita has flash carts which most the saves are written on. Now if the Game cards (such as uncharted or wipeout) would have multiple save slots I don't see why just starting a new game should disable trophies.

Mr. X

A corporation doing something to be greedy and earn more money...shocking.

Trophies aren't the be all and end all of games but it is unfair on people who buy second hand. I buy a combonation of both. If I really want a game I'll get it at launch but others that I'm unsure about I'll get second hand for cheaper. To punish people for not buying new seems silly and is hypocritical of the fact that they push trophies so hard with the PS3.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 9 - Gold

whatever, its your money
    re-wrapping a game in plastic like that and selling it new would be illegal. But they do open up 1-2 copies around the store for the employees and when they come back, they throw a sticker over the area where the case opens up. But they will sell it for a new price when it is in fact a used game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this is one thing that sony is being stupid about

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Also with new games, you know EXACTLY what you are getting. Buying used, it may freeze a lot or be unplayable. Someone could have possibly wipped everything off it (is that possible?).
    a used game wont freeze any more or less than a new game.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    So your telling me new games come with scratches? Lol, it's common sense used games have more potential to freeze compared to a new game depending on how well the disk was taken care of. Thx for the laugh.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    Er, yes they do. I'm not going to make the argument that some anti-used gamers make about how used games are all broken blah blah blah, but there still are broken games sold as used because of shitty game shop staff not doing their jobs.

I've brought my fair share of used games (though I don't any more). And I've had my fair share of unplayable used games due to the previous owners lack of care for the game.

Ghost Assassin

Well, I mostly buy new games anyway, but I can see where people are coming from. I still think Sony should do something to appease the hardcore trophy hunters who buy a lot of used games. I wouldn't get my hopes up on that notion though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast