Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game

This is a discussion on No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Why are you guys even arguing about scratched discs in a VITA forum anyway... The Vita doesn't have discs so ...

PRO Member

Why are you guys even arguing about scratched discs in a VITA forum anyway... The Vita doesn't have discs so this argument shouldn't even be in this thread, right?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboyfromco View Post
    My point is that the previous owner of a blu-ray disc either has to try on purpose to scratch a blu-ray, or somehow allow it to rub against a rough surface like a floor, or keys if they are putting them in their pockets bare. LMAO Blu-rays are about about 3-5 times denser than DVDs, and it's just as hard to damage them. So, when it comes to Blu-rays, the chances of finding a messed up one does become extremely low because more force has to be applied to damage it. If the DVD to Blu-ray damage ratio is the same, that means that people are taking worse care of the blu-ray disc proportional to how much stronger the disc is compared to DVDs, OR that people are treating their dics, be it Blu-rays or DVDs, the same as each other, and since Blu-rays are many times more durable, there is a clear difference in the conditions of the 2 types of discs.
    I agree with that. My point is that it's still possible, and you'd never know. I've run into that problem 2x already with used games on the ps3. Which is a main reason I never buy used unless the deal is just that good lol. For people to say it's not possible, or highly unlikely... I just don't agree. People get lucky, but if it's a adult owned game. Chances are you'll get a good used game. But if it's child owned.... I wouldn't touch it. I've seen how my nephew treats his ps2 and ps3 games and I've yelled at him a few times.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've been reading around here for a while and I beg to ask the question, what is the age range of the people in this forum?

I fully support this move by Sony because it's just an added incentive to buy your games new. It doesn't even take away from game play, it's just an added bonus to those that buy games new. It doesn't reduce functionality of the game. If you buy games strictly for trophies, then it looks like you'd have to buy your games new. I just don't see the big deal.

Also, to tell people they are basically stupid for buying games new because they are too expensive just tells me that the person that stated that has to be in their teens and/or works a crummy job. Games are and extremely cheap form of entertainment for the amount of content you receive from them. If it's really that hard on your wallet to spend $40-$60 USD on a game then you have much more serious problems at hand, realistically, if your budget can't handle that kind of an entertainment expense. Either that, or learn to manage your money correctly.

I work in IT and I know plenty of programmers and even artists who have either worked on games / are pursuing a career in the game industry. Buying new supports them. Buying new feeds the industry. To tell people that they are stupid for buying games new is to tell them that they are stupid for supporting the industry. Realistically, when it comes to products, the only opinion that matters is the opinion of your wallet. Saying you enjoy the games and playing them doesn't mean that you care or that you support the product, the only way to truly support a product is to buy it new so that they see profit from the purchase. I don't understand how hard of a concept this is to grasp. I do, however, remember what it was like to be in high school and to not have money for such things (hanging out with my friends and girl friends was more important than me spending a huge chunk of my paycheck on a game, I hear that), but to voice that it's borderline idiotic to buy products new is just blatant ignorance.

When it comes to Gamestops opening new games, playing them, and resealing them, that's just an easy fix. You go to the store and exchange it, if they don't let you exchange it, then you contact corporate. For those of you that have or actually do work retail, you know that this does actually carry a great deal of weight. I've had my managers back when I worked in an electronics store (that shall remain nameless) I've had managers tell me that they received contact from corporate about what a great job I've done from customers who went out of their way to contact them. They listen, and they listen closely. A phone call to corporate can lead to your district manager coming in and investigating in a heart beat. Most consumers (hell, even retail workers) don't realize this. Especially if you are a long time customer, that can even lead to a district manager coming in and telling someone to go home. The customer is worth more than the minimum wage employee. That's what you get for not going to college, you are very expendable. It's sad to say, but it's the truth.

As for buying "damaged" used games, you need to comprehend the concept of used purchases. Gamestop is essentially an upscale pawn shop. You get a game that's scratched or doesn't play right, you just go to the store and exchange it. It's not difficult and it's really not a big deal, but you do need to comprehend that you are purchasing a second hand product.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigjay1204 View Post
    Why are you guys even arguing about scratched discs in a VITA forum anyway... The Vita doesn't have discs so this argument shouldn't even be in this thread, right?
    Because in this Vita forum we are discussing pre-owned games. The quality of buying pre-owned games is the main focus right now.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

so that means when me and my brother buy 2 PSV we have to buy 2 games too if we want trophies ?!?!?

that's ******

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Chambers35

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrudge13 View Post
    so that means when me and my brother buy 2 PSV we have to buy 2 games too if we want trophies ?!?!?

that's ******
    Blame the piracy on the PSP. Sacrifices needed to be made so investors would remain happy.

This is part of the reason why you should buy games new :p

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JonJonXD View Post
    Blame the piracy on the PSP. Sacrifices needed to be made so investors would remain happy.

This is part of the reason why you should buy games new :p
    but i always buy the games new

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Chambers35

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Exactly. the paying consumer is who suffers. It's sad, but it's true.

It's why I fully support things like this. Though Sony tends to be heavy with this stuff, if you are a legit consumer it doesn't hurt you in the slightest.

Used game sales don't count. You are only supporting the party re-selling the game, not the creators of the IP themselves.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Exactly. the paying consumer is who suffers. It's sad, but it's true.

It's why I fully support things like this. Though Sony tends to be heavy with this stuff, if you are a legit consumer it doesn't hurt you in the slightest.

Used game sales don't count. You are only supporting the party re-selling the game, not the creators of the IP themselves.
    but i'm not buying a used game i'm sharing with my brother someone that i live with in the same house

it's bad enough that i need to buy 2 PSV but i have to buy 2 games for it too ?!?!?!?

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Chambers35

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah, that does really stink, but it is what it is.

Blame the pirates.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Bad news after bad news after bad news, i'm not interested in buying a vita in the near future. When Vita does not sell as well as they expected might they realize they are screwing this

Administrator

If it ain't broke, why fix it? They are messing too much with a billion dollar industry.

First they raise prices on games because of piracy. Then they take away other features that make used games worthless. Would they lower the new game prices if we all started buying new games? I doubt it. Corporate greed. I can't afford new games all the time.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just don't comprehend how not having trophies makes a game worthless.

You should be buying games for the actual game and its content, not just for that nice little "ding" that makes you feel good when playing a game.

incentive to buy new, doesn't take away actual game content.

EDIT: Also it clearly is broken since the PSP lost support of many developers over here thanks to the high rate of piracy. To give incentives to buy games new helps push development towards the platform, and reinstate faith in the platform.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah, that does really stink, but it is what it is.

Blame the pirates.
    yeah i know

i'll buy it but probably not right away

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Chambers35

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well it never pays to be an early adopter honestly.

Though I don't plan to pick up the PS Vita, if I were I would wait a couple of years down the line when it sees a price drop and a more power efficient version.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    If it ain't broke, why fix it? They are messing too much with a billion dollar industry.

First they raise prices on games because of piracy. Then they take away other features that make used games worthless. Would they lower the new game prices if we all started buying new games? I doubt it. Corporate greed. I can't afford new games all the time.
    Taking away trophies makes a game useless? How the fuck do you work that out?
    Heck even taking away multiplayer doesn't make a game useless...

PRO Member

What??? How people NOT liking the Vita? "Worse and Worse."? Excuse me? Vita = Amazing games, amazing graphics, amazing features, and people are mad that their friends can't log into their accounts to game share, or that you are gonna miss some trophies is you don't dish out an EXTRA $5-$15 dollars? Please explain?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I swear people complain abot anything and everything nowadays . Gamesharing is ILLEGAL! I thought sony already covered this and those of you who are whining about VITA trophies, grow up! You still got your ps3 trophies so it really doesn't matter. Be luck you're one of the few to get the PSV before it came out ( I wish I had one T_T)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by L-Dizzy0715 View Post
    I swear people complain abot anything and everything nowadays . Gamesharing is ILLEGAL! I thought sony already covered this and those of you who are whining about VITA trophies, grow up! You still got your ps3 trophies so it really doesn't matter. Be luck you're one of the few to get the PSV before it came out ( I wish I had one T_T)
    Gamesharing is illegal? You mean account sharing im sure right? So lets say theres a month that 3 new games come out,you buy 2 at $60 a pop and your buddy across town buys one at $60 a pop, you get done playing one and your buddy is done with his ,so you both decide instead of buyin the same game NEW AGAIN,you simply trade games for a bit, and this is illegal? how?

The whole trophy thing with the VITA is simple ,if the PS3 has the current trophy support system meaning new/used it dont matter gettin played in the PS3 and you can aquire trophies,OK FINE,that same program should be applied to the VITA and this is saying it wont unless its brand new the first time in your VITA,you can trade games with friends or buy used on PS3 and still get trophies but now you cant on a VITA?(which you still can play loaned games of course, just with no trophies),anyone can say aww ppl bitch about whatever, but when trophies are a feature of game playing on the PS3 and its said they will also be a feature of the new VITA, it should be the same ,there making a whole new set of rules on what you have to do in order to get an extra feature of what you already have established as a SET PROGRAM on the PS3.If you have an established program that WORKS and it works well,the trophy system ,why put that into a product your selling and say oh wait but you cant do what you could do for years on the other one...yea its bullshit.

Or the previous example here where the dude lived in his house with his brother each with a VITA & each with thier own gamer tag but , now each has to buy thier own NEW VITA games every time to get trophies?? But they didnt have to for PS3 games..?
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 12-19-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah I meant account sharing. But the reason why the vita trophy system is the way it is is to stop piracy...Trophies are not that big of a deal to me but it should be a little bit different. It should apply to games on your digital library, not the thing you insert to play it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast