Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132

No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game

This is a discussion on No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by I_Nero_I Gamesharing is illegal? You mean account sharing im sure right? So lets say theres a month ...

  1. #101
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    Gamesharing is illegal? You mean account sharing im sure right? So lets say theres a month that 3 new games come out,you buy 2 at $60 a pop and your buddy across town buys one at $60 a pop, you get done playing one and your buddy is done with his ,so you both decide instead of buyin the same game NEW AGAIN,you simply trade games for a bit, and this is illegal? how?
    Because the copy you're playing isn't paid for by you.

    Of course the more technical way of explaining PSN sharing is this, you buy a game off the PSN store that gives the user who brought it the right to a copy of it. How ever if you give a copy of that out (Game sharing) You've distributed a copy of the game without authorisation. You do not have the authorisation to distribute games, only publishers have that right.
    It's the same legal complaint against ROMs and the ilk.

    As for your argument on the trophies. Who says the system should be the same between PSVita and PS3? You? What authority do you have over the matter?
    It's up to Sony and Sony alone, it's their hardware.

    The PS3 and the PSVita are not the same thing, if this was a program brought in on the PS3 Slim against the PS3 Phat, then yeah I could understand your argument, but it's not and so your argument isn't really all that valid.

    And finally, please for the love of god, learn how to use spaces. And learn to split your paragraphs up, deciphering walls of text is not fun.

  2. #102
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    Gamesharing is illegal? You mean account sharing im sure right? So lets say theres a month that 3 new games come out,you buy 2 at $60 a pop and your buddy across town buys one at $60 a pop, you get done playing one and your buddy is done with his ,so you both decide instead of buyin the same game NEW AGAIN,you simply trade games for a bit, and this is illegal? how?

    The whole trophy thing with the VITA is simple ,if the PS3 has the current trophy support system meaning new/used it dont matter gettin played in the PS3 and you can aquire trophies,OK FINE,that same program should be applied to the VITA and this is saying it wont unless its brand new the first time in your VITA,you can trade games with friends or buy used on PS3 and still get trophies but now you cant on a VITA?(which you still can play loaned games of course, just with no trophies),anyone can say aww ppl bitch about whatever, but when trophies are a feature of game playing on the PS3 and its said they will also be a feature of the new VITA, it should be the same ,there making a whole new set of rules on what you have to do in order to get an extra feature of what you already have established as a SET PROGRAM on the PS3.If you have an established program that WORKS and it works well,the trophy system ,why put that into a product your selling and say oh wait but you cant do what you could do for years on the other one...yea its bullshit.

    Or the previous example here where the dude lived in his house with his brother each with a VITA & each with thier own gamer tag but , now each has to buy thier own NEW VITA games every time to get trophies?? But they didnt have to for PS3 games..?
    OK PS3 uses disc, Vita uses cartridges. So if I play the game and get the then you borrow it off of me that would mean you would get the as well. This is why your argument holds no water, it is two entirely different formats.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  3. #103
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    306
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    OK PS3 uses disc, Vita uses cartridges. So if I play the game and get the then you borrow it off of me that would mean you would get the as well. This is why your argument holds no water, it is two entirely different formats.
    arguement holds no water? did you NOT read it, i stated in this post and another that one single person is playing the game ,maybe you misunderstood me,as im NOT referring to account sharing,which shouldnt be allowed ,im talking about one persons gamer tag,and yes if PS3 does trophys like they have for the Playstation 3 counsole they should do it the same for VITA.

    If iloaned the PS Vita game from you and played it on my gamer tag on my VITA ,no i wouldnt get the platinum on it ,i would have to earn all trophies the same as with the PS3 if i loaned one from you,But both examples are from the gamer tag on which its being played.

    Maybe i didnt quite state it in this post ,but i did on a previous one,my opinion is about one person ,one gamer tag,who may/may not share games with friends or buy used games,you can get trophies on the PS3 but you cant on the VITA with a loaned/used game.Sony may reserve the right to change whatever business practices they do,but its not good business,not when they have done what they have with trophies on the PS3 in the last few years.& the fact the PSP didnt have trophies & now the VITA will.

  4. #104
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    306
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Because the copy you're playing isn't paid for by you.

    Of course the more technical way of explaining PSN sharing is this, you buy a game off the PSN store that gives the user who brought it the right to a copy of it. How ever if you give a copy of that out (Game sharing) You've distributed a copy of the game without authorisation. You do not have the authorisation to distribute games, only publishers have that right.
    It's the same legal complaint against ROMs and the ilk.

    As for your argument on the trophies. Who says the system should be the same between PSVita and PS3? You? What authority do you have over the matter?
    It's up to Sony and Sony alone, it's their hardware.

    The PS3 and the PSVita are not the same thing, if this was a program brought in on the PS3 Slim against the PS3 Phat, then yeah I could understand your argument, but it's not and so your argument isn't really all that valid.

    And finally, please for the love of god, learn how to use spaces. And learn to split your paragraphs up, deciphering walls of text is not fun.
    sorry if you cant read thats your problem not mine,for the love of god.And the simple fact is you can buy a used game on the PS3 and get trophies,it should be the same with VITA but its not ,and that changes my opinion about buying one.

  5. #105
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    arguement holds no water? did you NOT read it, i stated in this post and another that one single person is playing the game ,maybe you misunderstood me,as im NOT referring to account sharing,which shouldnt be allowed ,im talking about one persons gamer tag,and yes if PS3 does trophys like they have for the Playstation 3 counsole they should do it the same for VITA.

    If iloaned the PS Vita game from you and played it on my gamer tag on my VITA ,no i wouldnt get the platinum on it ,i would have to earn all trophies the same as with the PS3 if i loaned one from you,But both examples are from the gamer tag on which its being played.

    Maybe i didnt quite state it in this post ,but i did on a previous one,my opinion is about one person ,one gamer tag,who may/may not share games with friends or buy used games,you can get trophies on the PS3 but you cant on the VITA with a loaned/used game.Sony may reserve the right to change whatever business practices they do,but its not good business,not when they have done what they have with trophies on the PS3 in the last few years.& the fact the PSP didnt have trophies & now the VITA will.
    No PS3 discs and Vita cartridges are different. On the ps3 your save file stays on your ps3 and on the Vita it stays on the cartridge. There is a big difference between the two. Now if I beat the game and loaned you my cart or you bought it used you could just beat the last boss and get all the trophies without doing any of the work. Do you see what everyone is talking about now?

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  6. #106
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    621
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    A corporation doing something to be greedy and earn more money...shocking.

    Trophies aren't the be all and end all of games but it is unfair on people who buy second hand. I buy a combonation of both. If I really want a game I'll get it at launch but others that I'm unsure about I'll get second hand for cheaper. To punish people for not buying new seems silly and is hypocritical of the fact that they push trophies so hard with the PS3.
    Another entitled forum gamer thinking they're owed something for no reason... shocking.

    I've said it before I'll say it again. Buying ANYTHING from a 2nd hand market gives you an inferior product. Buying anything from a used vehicle to a used book is going to get you less of a product than buying new, why should the game market be any different? If you support the company that provides you with the products you love then there's nothing to worry about, if you don't then you don't deserve the rewards that come with it, it's as simple as that.

  7. #107
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Teddified's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    2

    I think it just means you can't use someones save to get trophies, so you'd have to delete the save files and start a new game to be able to get trophies, kinda like PS3.

  8. #108
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    LiquidWeapon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    1

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that with the Vita games, the trophies can only be unlocked once per game, so that no matter how many persons own the game afterwards, only the original purchaser is permitted to unlock the trophies.

    If that's the case, then I'm just throwing this idea out there...

    Wouldn't a credit-based system work for secondary users of a game who are interested in unlocking the trophies on a used game?

    For example, say I have purchased a new game and, once finished with it, gave (or sold) that game to a friend, family member, or whomever, would it not work if the PSN offered a patch for sale to the second owner of the game that would enable them to earn the trophies?

    This way the company could gain a profit from secondary owners of their games?

  9. #109
    PRO Member
    whiteboyfromco's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    67
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWeapon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that with the Vita games, the trophies can only be unlocked once per game, so that no matter how many persons own the game afterwards, only the original purchaser is permitted to unlock the trophies.

    If that's the case, then I'm just throwing this idea out there...

    Wouldn't a credit-based system work for secondary users of a game who are interested in unlocking the trophies on a used game?

    For example, say I have purchased a new game and, once finished with it, gave (or sold) that game to a friend, family member, or whomever, would it not work if the PSN offered a patch for sale to the second owner of the game that would enable them to earn the trophies?

    This way the company could gain a profit from secondary owners of their games?
    People would still complain. People complain about the online passes now, and it'll be no different. The problem is that people aren't getting their way. "Game prices are too high. Online passes are wrong. Sony can't do this. Sony can't do that." ect... People call the companies greedy, but look at whom's buying their products: People that are quick to sue when Sony changes a feature in it's firmware or files charges against people that hack their product that we ALL know allows us to pirate games. Please, I'm 100% percent behind Sony when it comes to decisions like these because this entire industry depends on people buying their products, and it's seems as though my peers' ultimate goal is to enjoy their products without the need to buy em'. It just doesn't work that way.

  10. #110
    PRO Member
    whiteboyfromco's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    67
    Reputation
    1


  11. #111
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboyfromco View Post
    For a Handheld, that's pretty impressive. I can't wait for the release here. I'll snag atleast 2 either the first day or first week.

  12. #112
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    sorry if you cant read thats your problem not mine,for the love of god.And the simple fact is you can buy a used game on the PS3 and get trophies,it should be the same with VITA but its not ,and that changes my opinion about buying one.
    Your lack of ability to type is not my fault so don't try pushing the blame off.

    And that is a simple fact yes, it also means absolutely butt fuck all. I'll spell it out for you;
    PS3 =/= PSVita (thought that bit was obvious but nevermind)

    I'm not even going to get into the whole how PSVita read and write data compared to how a PS3 does until you can at least get the simple bits down, that being the major differences between the consoles.

    As for changing your opinion about buying one, is your opinion on the matter really influenced by trophies? (Even though it was stated earlier it's just a case of deleting the old save file to get the trophy functionality back).
    Do you really care more about trophies then you do playing games?

  13. #113
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    sorry if you cant read thats your problem not mine,for the love of god.And the simple fact is you can buy a used game on the PS3 and get trophies,it should be the same with VITA but its not ,and that changes my opinion about buying one.
    Continuing on with my new tradition instead of responding to stupid posts I am going to post an awesome Vita Trailer


    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  14. #114
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    yes! best feature ever!!!! *sarcasm*
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


  15. #115
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    pRoViSiOn26's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    294
    Reputation
    2

    I understand Sony or any other company loses $ on pre-owned stuff but Sony has has to realize that it's become part of the industry. Music, games, movies...everything is that way now. But Sony has to realize that by trying to limit their new device is only gonna hurt their sales. After the release they will sit back and say "hey why didn't the Vita sell as much as we thought?" Well because you pissed off a lot of people before hand.

    Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

  16. #116
    Indie Game Developer
    Jakintosh's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    474
    Reputation
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    what a joke is right. i'll stick to my awesome psp
    Dude, the PSP has NO TROPHIES whatsoever. So this would make no difference at all to you, except that on the off chance you buy a game new (god forbid you support the developers) then you will be able to earn trophies.

    I think this is an awesome idea. I'm so sick and tired of used game sales. Cut the developer out entirely so you can save $5. It's disgusting.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

  17. #117
    One
    One is offline
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    One's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto.
    Posts
    435
    Reputation
    46

    Sheesh people take a breather. You act as if you're missing out on a fundamental part of the game when you buy used, it's only trophies.I can guarantee you there is a much larger percent of gamers that don't give a shit about trophies than the percent that does, if you really want to show off the virtual trophies you get while riding the bus go ahead and dish out the extra $20-$30 and buy new.

    It's ridiculous how worked up so many of you get over some of the smallest things out there.

    "Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

  18. #118
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Sheesh people take a breather. You act as if you're missing out on a fundamental part of the game when you buy used, it's only trophies.I can guarantee you there is a much larger percent of gamers that don't give a shit about trophies than the percent that does, if you really want to show off the virtual trophies you get while riding the bus go ahead and dish out the extra $20-$30 and buy new.

    It's ridiculous how worked up so many of you get over some of the smallest things out there.
    It isn't even 20-30$ it is like 5$.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  19. #119
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    No PS3 discs and Vita cartridges are different. On the ps3 your save file stays on your ps3 and on the Vita it stays on the cartridge. There is a big difference between the two. Now if I beat the game and loaned you my cart or you bought it used you could just beat the last boss and get all the trophies without doing any of the work. Do you see what everyone is talking about now?
    Dr Mayus
    It looks like we're the only two people in here that understand that the save file is different and all Sony is doing is keeping you from popping in a game cartridge that has save files on it and continuing on someone elses game. Let's say you beat Uncharted on crushing and it saves to the game cartridge. Another person could play the same cartridge load up the last level and beat it on crushing and bing theres the trophy.
    I honestly don't think it has anything to do with piracy or used game sales. It's just another way to stop people from cheating to unlock trophies. You can't download a PS3 game save and expect to earn trophies, why should you be able to play on someone elses cartridge and just get trophies for just loading the game.
    I don't usually buy used games but I do rent a lot of games for trials (some games aren't worth even $10), so I would like a save data delete option so these games could be sold used or rented.

  20. #120
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    0

    I retract my statement that only two of us understand the save system differences of the PS3 and Vita. For everyone that understands, I apologize and hope I didn't offend any of you. For everyone else, stop moaning and saying how unfair it is for SONY to do this. As a member of a PS3Trophy site, I take my trophies seriously and hate when people earn trophies by hacking, stealing, or doing anything morally wrong to get trophies. I like the leaderboard (which I'm not in very good standing), but would hate to see it removed because of cheaters and hackers. You can go ahead and hate Sony for protecting the integrity of their product and boycott their system, it won't matter to any us who decide to support Sony by buying their products.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO