Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game

This is a discussion on No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This doesn't bother me really. I buy a few used games here and there but I intend on downloading all ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This doesn't bother me really. I buy a few used games here and there but I intend on downloading all of the games I'll get on the vita anyway. Besides the used game Market isn't good for the industry so anything that'll take its profits and hand them over to developers and publishers, the better for (almost) everyone.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I often wait for the discounts in such shops as shopto.net and buy games new and sealed, so I think this will be no problem for me.
    There are no bears in the streets of Russia.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Vita is a portable and the PS3 is a home console. Due to this, policies are going to be vastly different. They are in totally different markets, thus policies are going to be tailored for each of those markets. Pretty simple to understand . Not to mention, the PS3's policies have been in place for ages now, the Vita is a brand new product, thus gets a brand new policy.

Also, I don't understand the true benefit to buying used anymore. On brand new games, it's a difference of $5-10 USD. Unless the game goes out of production and you can only obtain it through a used purchase, I don't see why that $5-10 USD is really a big deal.

Plus, for those of us who typically only purchase new, you tend to get great deals on new products way more than you will on the used market. It's called smart shopping. Amazon is the perfect example of this. Various games little after their release see massive sales and etc. due to high volume + lack of anticipated sales (like Deus Ex: Human Revolution was $35 USD on Amazon within weeks of release). I rarely pay the full price on a new game unless I feel it's worth spending that much on it (Like Mass Effect 3 when that hits).

Like I've mentioned before, if that $5-10 USD difference is really that important to you and that necessary, then you have way more problems than trophy support. I'd focus on getting my life together or figuring out how to spend my money better, and less on how I'm getting "screwed" on the used market for "luxury" items.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wasn't going to get a Vita. I wasn't even considering getting a Vita. Thank you Sony for cementing my decision even more so.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Vita locks users' trophies to game cards... but not quite as stringently as it first appears | GamesRadar

The problem with consoles coming out in Japan first is that, importers aside, a lot of user reports are mis-translated and then reported as fact in the Western world. And so it's been with PlayStation Vita games, where it appeared that Trophies were linked to retail cartridges to the extent that you couldn't earn trophies on a different user account if you played the game on another machine.
    Turns out that's only partly true. You do get greeted with a big warning screen when you try to play someone else's pre-played game, but it's not as scary as it looks. In order to earn Trophies in a pre-owned Vita game, all you need to do is delete ALL of its data, thus making it factory fresh once more. To be honest, that's the first thing we do anyway when we buy a pre-owned game. Would anyone want to continue someone's half-finished story mode on Uncharted? Of course not.

Team Dingleberry

I think Oxymoron28 just won the thread.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Which is what Captain Howdy said about some tweets. So I guess everyone that wasn't getting a Vita because of this just changed their minds. Lol, but it makes sense.

And yet, another thread started posted with misleading and wrong information. Thx Oxy.

PRO Member

dont think this will be affecting me much because for one i like my games new for many reasons and also id think it would be hard to find the combo pack (ps3/psv) cloud play games used together. i will just have to keep on top of when games are coming out and which ones i think i will enjoy more. just hope they put demos out faster. i know psp games can be hard to find new after a few months of release. least the ones i tend to enjoy

PRO Member

disregard my previous post haha just read above.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Medal of Honor's multiplayer was developed by EA Digital Illusions CE. Multiplayer is class based, with three classes available Rifleman, Special Ops, and Sniper. The player earns experience during gameplay to level up and unlock additional weapons and weapon accessories. For example, at the start of the game the sniper class does not have a proper sniper scope available, and the player must reach level 3 to unlock a combat scope. If a player earns a certain amount of points before dying, called a score chain, he or she earns a choice of an offensive support action such as a mortar strike or missile attack or a defensive support action such as intel or ammo. The player is not limited to one support action per life and can earn them continuously.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ok my 2 cents. I am 50/50 on this. On one hand it's a great idea because more money towards developers of games = sequals of said game. I am a trophy hunter and I was excited for the fact that the Vita had trophies. Yes I will admit there is a tiny part of me that does think it sucks that you can't get trophies by playing used games but at the same time I honestly don't care. I am buying the Vita bundle and getting it early and it just means I have to save to get my next game. That way It will be more satisfying when I finally do get it new. My friend is getting the bundle and Uncharted and yes I will be playing his copy just to see how the game is and knowing I won't be getting trophies doesn't bother me because I know when I do buy my own NEW copy it will feel much more satisfying when I EARN that plat just like I worked hard and earned the money to buy it new.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by y2cloud View Post
    Ok my 2 cents. I am 50/50 on this. On one hand it's a great idea because more money towards developers of games = sequals of said game. I am a trophy hunter and I was excited for the fact that the Vita had trophies. Yes I will admit there is a tiny part of me that does think it sucks that you can't get trophies by playing used games but at the same time I honestly don't care. I am buying the Vita bundle and getting it early and it just means I have to save to get my next game. That way It will be more satisfying when I finally do get it new. My friend is getting the bundle and Uncharted and yes I will be playing his copy just to see how the game is and knowing I won't be getting trophies doesn't bother me because I know when I do buy my own NEW copy it will feel much more satisfying when I EARN that plat just like I worked hard and earned the money to buy it new.
    Just scroll up and read a few of the posts. I made a post with a picture showing how the used game trophy system works.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567