Touchscreen issues and Freezes plauge vita

This is a discussion on Touchscreen issues and Freezes plauge vita within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PS Vita Freeze and Touch Screen Issues Whenever new hardware launches, whatever it is, there are problems. The PS Vita ...

INTJ

Touchscreen issues and Freezes plauge vita

PS Vita Freeze and Touch Screen Issues

Whenever new hardware launches, whatever it is, there are problems. The PS Vita is new hardware, and while I haven't experienced any hardware issues, others have. These are some of them.

According to YouTube videos, there are some machines experiencing lock-ups and freezing. One error appears to occur during the System Update, which then freezes. Another issue seems to be a non-responsive touch screen. It's still early in the hardware's launch cycle, so it's difficult to discern how widespread the issue is. Pro-gamer Kiryu Tsukimiya tweeted that he's soon experienced it.

When the PS Vita freezes, the hardware apparently will not shutdown. A writer at Japanese news site Rocket News experienced that issue during Shin Sangoku Musou Next online play.

When the machine is in its regular operational state, if you press the power button, the Vita should shutdown. If it does not shutdown then, Sony's PS Vita help page said to try the following: keep holding the power button for 20 seconds until the front screen goes dark. Then, press the power button for five seconds to turn it back on. That apparently should work, and according to the Rocket News writer, it powered down his Vita. However, he repeatedly experienced the bug while playing Shin Sangoku Musou Next online.

These aren't the only issues, though. Online, some PS Vita owners are also reporting that they cannot boot up their PS Vitas, even though the handhelds have a full charge. There could be an explanation for this, and Rocket News has a walkthrough, that consists of questions to determine if the PS Vita owner held down the power button long enough or if the handheld is simply in standby mode.

I'd imagine these sort of issues would be handled by the time the Vita launches in the West in Feb. 2012. One of the more worrying issues, however, is the possibility of screen "stains" or "spots" on the OLED display. One Japanese PS Vita owner uploaded photos of his Vita screen, which supposedly shows display screen issues.

Oh, the joys of launching new hardware and being an early adapter. That's what system updates and hardware upgrades are for—fixing.

more videos:

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hopefully sony fixes this before it releases to the rest of the world

Identity Overload

And for this reason is why I'm hesitant on buying new hardware until the second version comes out

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

PRO Member

This is why I love to have other company test my Hardware for me