Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

3DS Outsells Vita 6.5 to 1

This is a discussion on 3DS Outsells Vita 6.5 to 1 within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Vulgar It says that the Vita is as (if not more) worthless than the 3DS For some ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    It says that the Vita is as (if not more) worthless than the 3DS
    For some reason I don't think it's necessarily that black and white.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if places weren't just sold out of the console. I can't honestly remember very many "major" consoles that I could walk into a store the week after it's release and pick one up. So it is quite plausible that the reason they were not selling, was because they were not available in certain areas.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
    For some reason I don't think it's necessarily that black and white.
    Sorry, I just had to vent my disdain for handheld gaming. There is probably more to it, but it doesn't feel worth hurting my head over.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 7 - Gold

maybe since nintendo already made a big hit on the market plus there games target like everyone
    im not a fan of handheld gaming devices really the only ones i had were nintendo but i prefer gaming on biggers screens like my pc or ps3

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if places weren't just sold out of the console. I can't honestly remember very many "major" consoles that I could walk into a store the week after it's release and pick one up. So it is quite plausible that the reason they were not selling, was because they were not available in certain areas.
    I don't know, that seems highly unlikely. Who would release such a highly-anticipated item in such small quantities?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I don't know, that seems highly unlikely. Who would release such a highly-anticipated item in such small quantities?
    Systems normally ship lower numbers for various reasons, might be the cost of shelf space, could be because of the cost of manufacturing too many, lack of warehouse space, to keep the product in demand by releasing it slowly. Many companies have shipped limited numbers, normally over a two week period between shipments - but sometimes that changes depending on if an individual corporation keeps them within their own warehouses and restocks from there.

Japan is a small country with a lot of small stores - they have their mega-electronics stores in the big cities like anybody else, but a lot of these systems outside of the metropolis areas wouldn't have a lot of space, and probably ordered what was reserved to start with.

To be fair, if in 2 weeks the numbers are still this dismal, I would say that Sony might have a problem with the launch. As of now though, I would say that stocking could definitely be an issue, as a person who's worked in shipping and logistics before.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Platinum Procrastinator

Honestly I never expected the 3DS to outsell the Vita by that large of a margin but I'm expecting it to be a lot closer once it gets released here in North America and Europe.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Retired

We'll see. In 2 months, then I'll go to the Nintendo thread and shit threads making Nintendo looks bad.

Lvl 6 - Silver

So they've released 2 Vitas already ?
    \
    i dont get it:stare:

Lvl 9 - Gold

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how many 3DS's or Vitas are sold. What's important is, what percentage of owners buy games consistently. Because after console sales have tapered off and developers choose sides, if their software isn't selling on the side they chose, they'll jump ship. Just look at what happened to the Wii. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER wanted to develop for the Wii. But no one was buying the games, aside from the Marios and Zeldas, so third-party support all but died for the system. The same thing will happen to the 3DS. It could sell 100M units, and if only 1M of those customers consistently buys third-party titles, compared to the Vita moving, say, 20M units and 15M of those customers consistently buying games, then I'd say it would be a win for Sony in the long run.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Nintendo has The rare market of "Everyone that is human" which is really hard to get in today's world.

Sony and microsoft tend to advertise to the hardcore gamer audience, thus less sales because families don't want to have a christmas celebration with cutting peoples heads off with chainsaws.
    So what do you call the all of the family and kiddy related games for Ps3/Xbox? Hardcore? Makes no sense, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I agree 100%.

If that's the case, we can blame Sony, Nintendo, and MS for not producing enough consoles and handhelds upon release. Ps1 had a 3-4 month wait and so did the Ps2 if you didn't get your preorder for the system in on time. Ps3 slims were the same way when they were released. Thankfully I have a friend that works for GS to give me the first available slim on arrival . But going back to reinforce Rubicant's post.

This is also a handheld were talking about too. Handheld vs. console, most people don't take the handheld portion of gaming so serious so it wouldn't surprise me if only a limited number of Vita's were made for the first month. Also, being released right after white friday week and cyber monday week.... It's not a good time to release a system the week before christmas. But wait a month or 2, then really compare the sales. Specially the US release. Dunno why people like ps360 get off on such a pathetic little 2 week recap of a system.

But, But, 3DS was dead on arrival! IGN said so!

since everyone on this board was saying that the 3DS Isn't anything good and not worth buying, if it's outselling the vita 6 times, what does that say about the vita?
    You didn't need IGN to tell you that, it was a DOA handheld. And even with the few games coming out for it, still not a handheld worth buying for me. Which btw, just like Minecraft. Whats the deal with Monster hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Honestly I never expected the 3DS to outsell the Vita by that large of a margin but I'm expecting it to be a lot closer once it gets released here in North America and Europe.
    You also have to remember, the 3ds is half the cost of the Vita. And now that there are actually some games coming out for the 3ds, sales will pick up.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    So what do you call the all of the family and kiddy related games for Ps3/Xbox? Hardcore? Makes no sense, but ok.
    The "Hey look we are like nintendo too!" market

Lvl 9 - Gold

The "Hey look we are like nintendo too!" market
    For 15+ years Sony has produced hardcore, family, and kiddy games. It's bound to happen since you must meet the needs of people. But to say they are "like" nintendo market? Your pushing it too far. The problem with Nintendo is that is what they've become the past 10-15 years. A kiddy and family only market, no real hard core games with the exception of maybe 1-2 games a year. The kind of games you play on your ipod or android. You know, java and flash shit to pass 5-10 minutes.

Don't make a comment you can't backup.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by undrey View Post
    We'll see. In 2 months, then I'll go to the Nintendo thread and shit threads making Nintendo looks bad.
    What point does this serve? Other than making yourself look like a fanboy.

PRO Member

I'm starting to believe this is Monster Hunter's doing .
    I 100% agree with you. Moster Hunter is HUGE is Japan.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

if it weren't for nintendo region locking the console I'd of got one by now.

I am going to get one, but it'll be an imported japanese one, i liked a lot of japanese ds games and seen quite a few japanese 3ds games i want. but yeah, fuck you nintendo for region locking it.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    What point does this serve? Other than making yourself look like a fanboy.
    The same point all these PS360 topics have.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by undrey View Post
    The same point all these PS360 topics have.
    Yeah but are you REALLY gonna stoop to ps360's level? Just you know, rise above it n'all.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

I'm starting to believe this is Monster Hunter's doing .
    i think so also. the price aslo might play into the sales numbers

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
    I dunno, the 3DS has not had a substantial gaming lineupr4 (until recently)... nor did it have the novelty of the Wii. I'm not sure what would be drawing anyone in other than the folks that would give their arms and legs to see Nintendo stay afloat.
    Apple sells to the "ooh shiny and magical" market which unfortunately belong to the biggest audience of people who either want to fill a void in their life by getting one or is just a blind fanboy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast