Sales Drop, Again to 42,000

This is a discussion on Sales Drop, Again to 42,000 within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Vita sales drop again in third week | Joystiq Media Create data shows that the PlayStation Vita sold 42,648 units ...

INTJ

Sales Drop, Again to 42,000

Vita sales drop again in third week | Joystiq

Media Create data shows that the PlayStation Vita sold 42,648 units in its third week at Japanese retail, a precipitous drop from last week's already troubling 72,479. Once again, the new handheld trails behind the 3DS (at 197,952), PS3, and, yes, the PSP.

Compare that to the 3DS, which was also perceived as something of a flop in its early days. In its third week on the market (from March 7 through March 13 of last year), 96,463 3DS systems were sold in Japan, with 209,623 preceding. The Vita is clearly off to a slower start.

Once again, no Vita games appeared in the Media Create top 20 software charts, though we expect slow retail software sales even after the system picks up, thanks to the pervasive digital distribution of Vita games.

PRO Member

It will continue to drop until Sony builds some good will in some capacity, Day 1 adopters are P1s anyway... At a certain point sales will level out and depend heavily on software library and pricing, the latter of which is maniacally stupid for the VITA.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    It will continue to drop until Sony builds some good will in some capacity, Day 1 adopters are P1s anyway... At a certain point sales will level out and depend heavily on software library and pricing, the latter of which is maniacally stupid for the VITA.
    what does "P1 anyway" mean?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Neoguardian86 View Post
    what does "P1 anyway" mean?
    I was wondering about that too - as a Day 1 adopter I was wondering if I should be insulted.

PRO Member

I have no interest in this at all... even the trophies. I just don't give a shit cuz I know in a few months there will be a better and improved Vita, and it looks like a lot of people think so too

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 9 - Gold

No games, no buy.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Kid, not loser

Imo the Vita is offering everything a hardcore western gamer really wants in a handheld. Sure it could have better games, but you can say that about every single launch console in history. The psp seems perfect for the japenese market with the types of games they mostly play. The Vita seems perfect for the types of games western gamers want to play. I think it will do better once its released elsewhere.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Imo the Vita is offering everything a hardcore western gamer really wants in a handheld. Sure it could have better games, but you can say that about every single launch console in history. The psp seems perfect for the japenese market with the types of games they mostly play. The Vita seems perfect for the types of games western gamers want to play. I think it will do better once its released elsewhere.
    That is what I have been saying. Uncharted is all well in good, but games like Mario and Zelda hold more water over there. If Vita launched with say a Kingdom Hearts of Monster Hunter then it would be a whole different ball game. I think Sony screwed up and should have released it here first or at least at the same time.

Another big thing is people were burnt with the 3ds when they bought it at 249 and it dropped several months later. I am sure a lot of people are waiting for the same thing to happen here.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE