Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Should I get this or a 3ds?

This is a discussion on Should I get this or a 3ds? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 so games need a storyline to be original. this must be why games like scribblenauts, little ...

  1. #41
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so games need a storyline to be original.


    this must be why games like scribblenauts, little big planet, and garrys mod are so popular
    Read my post again, those games were all new IPs so no they were original on their own merit (and LBP and LBP2 had a story)

    Mario has had over 200 games...after that many you have to give your customers something more or else you are retreading the same thing over and over.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  2. #42
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    this explains why tetris, sudoku, tower defense, and a shitton of puzzle games are so hated

  3. #43
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    this explains why tetris is so hated
    Are you really trying to compare a puzzle game with Nintendo's biggest franchise? Also Tetris actually does innovate quite a lot and doesn't release a new game 1-2 times a year.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  4. #44
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Are you really trying to compare a puzzle game with Nintendo's biggest franchise? Also Tetris actually does innovate quite a lot and doesn't release a new game 1-2 times a year.

    how the fuck does tetris innovate itself over the years. it uses the same default blocks as it did when it first came out, the gameplay mode is always the same (clear blocks) and so much more stuff.


    also tetris is the most widely produced video game ever. anything that is electronic has tetris on it in some form.

  5. #45
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    how the fuck does tetris innovate itself over the years. it uses the same default blocks as it did when it first came out, the gameplay mode is always the same (clear blocks) and so much more stuff.


    also tetris is the most widely produced video game ever. anything that is electronic has tetris on it in some form.
    The same way Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and every game for that matter does, but a much lower release rate... But ya, tetris has been pretty innovating with all the different developers and producers. Regular tetris was fun back in the NES days. Attack, Plus, Worlds, and even the PSN version has constantly changed my view for the better on tetris. The new game modes make a boring game fun again. Specially online play, but only for so long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    this explains why tetris, sudoku, tower defense, and a shitton of puzzle games are so hated
    I don't even want to know what your comparing or trying to talk about. No one hates those games. Specially since the fact that Sudoku and Tetris are their own games. Now tower defense is generally the same and there are thousands of them out now when 7+ years ago, there was only a handful. And just saying puzzle games opens up a giant list.... Be more specific.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so games need a storyline to be original.


    this must be why games like scribblenauts, little big planet, minecraft, terraria, and garrys mod are so popular
    No, but a storyline definitely helps. And LBP has a story.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

  6. #46
    PRO Member
    AngeldeLeo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    3,053
    Reputation
    56

    Definitely PS vita is better than 3DS

  7. #47
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Deth's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hill 137
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post
    What I'm getting from this is what Minarum said: they are mainly rehashing old Mario ideas. They mix them up a little, add a few features, but basically: the same game.
    Nintendo does this with more than just Mario. Nintendo is like Activision on steroids when it comes to releasing the same game. Zelda Four Swords looks exactly the same as Link to the Past besides a few tweaks and 3 other Link's.


  8. #48
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    No, but a storyline definitely helps. And LBP has a story.
    i play little big planet for the plot


    Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    The same way Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and every game for that matter does, but a much lower release rate... But ya, tetris has been pretty innovating with all the different developers and producers. Regular tetris was fun back in the NES days. Attack, Plus, Worlds, and even the PSN version has constantly changed my view for the better on tetris. The new game modes make a boring game fun again. Specially online play, but only for so long.
    comparing nintendo games to tetris in terms of re-using is like comparing power rangers to Doraemon.




    Power rangers are fucking awesome 24/7 (japan version > Raped american version) and offer something new and awesome every time a new season comes out.


    Doraemon is everywhere, same exact stuff spread everywhere (a Anime for the series ran from 1979 to 2005, containing 1787 episodes, and then it continued in april 2005 to right now, 300+ episodes and counting. Nothing changed at all during the whole entire time, it's like a demented simpsons in terms of tv series length.)

    No matter how old it gets it's still fun to watch reguardless.
    Last edited by Ps360; 01-11-2012 at 01:45 AM.

  9. #49
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i play little big planet for the plot

    comparing nintendo games to tetris in terms of re-using is like comparing power rangers to Doraemon.
    Didn't say you did play LBP for the plot, but as you failed to read again. I said it had a story. As for your comparison, dunno or care about what Doraemon is. Sounds boring though if it is 2000+ episodes of the same thing. Not to mention it was a really bad comparison.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

  10. #50
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    grayghost's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WAAAAAY over there
    Posts
    703
    Reputation
    31

    @ Kal - it seems the general consensus is get both.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247


  11. #51
    40oz to freedom
    Triptent's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Houstoned Texas
    Posts
    288
    Reputation
    23

    You should get the Vita because LOOK AT IT.

    C'mon man the 3ds looks like an inbred fat girl next to the Vita



  12. #52
    Kal
    Kal is offline
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Kal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptent View Post
    You should get the Vita because LOOK AT IT.

    C'mon man the 3ds looks like an inbred fat girl next to the Vita


    That was by far the most immature comment i've seen yet.

    You can't judge something by its looks -.-'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO