Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should I get this or a 3ds?

This is a discussion on Should I get this or a 3ds? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well... I don't know the price of either item... and I don't know which is necessarily better. I was thinking ...

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

Should I get this or a 3ds?

Well...

I don't know the price of either item...
    and I don't know which is necessarily better.

I was thinking about the 3DS for Zelda and Mario....
    but then the Vita because I've always liked Sony and I enjoy getting Trophies...
    Which should I choose?

PRO Member

Personally the Vita.
    Depends on your budget and what you'd prefer, obviously. If you like getting trophies, then you'll enjoy the Vita, for replay value in games to get all the trophies etc.
    Write down your pros and cons for each

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Hmmm.. well idk what to say.
    The only reason I haven't gotten a 3DS is because there's no pokemon games requiring it lol

And for the VITA.. i really don't know how to feel about it.
    It's just a flesh wound.

worlds biggest welch fan

Vita but Zelda.

tough choice.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

A Vampire with a Soul

Vita> 3Ds . i've seen the 3ds in action my bro bought one and not very impressive. But to be honest it all comes down to what games is on each portable device. So like 3DS would get kingdom of hearts which is awesome and PS vita has Uncharted so far as the biggies title on it..i say wait it out a bit till you see which games available on each portable that interests you.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Personally the Vita.
    Depends on your budget and what you'd prefer, obviously. If you like getting trophies, then you'll enjoy the Vita, for replay value in games to get all the trophies etc.
    Write down your pros and cons for each
    But they did say they were going to add trophy/achievement type system to the 3DS.

You can get a 3DS for under $200, while the Vita will be $250 for the WiFI version, $300 for the 3G+WiFi version.
    Depends on if you have the cash.
    imo the Vita will have more feature, as well as firmware updates, so it will continue to improve itself.
    Me, I would go with the Vita.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 4 - Silver

well iv got the 3ds but id say go for the vita its a more advance handheld system ( IMO) than the 3ds plus its a better line-p of games

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'd say Vita. The 3DS is just a DS with a 3D gimmick that barely work. I've tried it out in stores, but I only managed to perceive the 3D effect when I was very still. A majority of the 3DS' games are just for kids anyway. The only games that I remember being above 'T' were Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Metal Gear Solid 3. I might eventually get a 3DS when the price drops even lower because MGS3 would be interesting to see in 3D and I might actually get into Zelda with the 3DS version of OoT... (I could never get into Zelda for some reason and the N64 controller is goddamn torture device for hands.)

Lvl 4 - Silver

My choice would be the Vita because Nintendo games fail to peek my interest and the 3DS would be a waste of money for my own personal gaming needs. Some people on here believe the Vita will flop but they're two different animals that attract different types of gamers. So it all depends on your style really. If you like more titles on the Vita and only really want the 3DS for 2 games than your money is better spent on the Vita.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 9 - Gold

As others have said, just depends on the games you want to play. Vita right out of the gate between the features, the hardware, and the list of games has the 3/ds beat in every aspect for me. I never got into the Pokemon stage, monster hunter, or any of those cult games. So whether it goes to the Vita or stays with the 3ds, I could care less lol.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a Vita and a Nintendo DS. Never really considered a 3DS - as someone else said, there are not many games out there that require a 3DS, and the 3D is kinda gimmicky and does not really add any value (for me. I don't like 3D movies either).

So, if you have a Nintendo DS, definitely a Vita.

If you do not have a Nintendo DS, I'm not really sure. Nintendo DS and 3DS together have a huge game library, so that's definitely your safest choice. On the other hand, the Vita has the biggest launch lineup of any console ever, AFAIK, and is of course an amazing powerhouse. I love my Vita and can't wait for more games to come out for it (have played Uncharted: Golden Abyss a lot since Dec.17!). It may not be the safest, but it is the one with the most potential, once more games come out for it, developers learn how to utilize the system properly, more interaction between the Vita and PS3 is developed, etc.

PRO Member

I don't understand why you would ask ''Trophies or Mario/Zelda?'' Yeah trophies are fun to collect... but only if you like the game.
    I think you should get the 3DS cuz you like Mario & Zelda. Trophies - you can collect them on your PS3

Sig by Smashguy

Quartercircle Forward.

My sisters have a 3DS, and it's really nothing special, pretty much was made for kids it seems. So yeah, Vita by a longshot.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Retired TGT Member

where is Ps360 when you need her?

Resident PHD

It has been said before, but the Vita simply has more games and can do more.

I was going to buy a 3ds because Kijiji is full of people trying to unload it. I wiki their game library and once again the only games that looked interesting were Mario Mario Kart and Zelda. I am sick of buying Nintendo consoles for those couple games. I cannot support a company that refuses to do anything new so that is the reason I will not be getting anymore Nintendo consoles. If Mario and Zelda are worth it to you to buy a near 200$ system then go for it.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 4 - Silver

i got ds for zelda and mario, cant go wrong but i will get vita in the future when games are plentiful

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I'd say Vita. The 3DS is just a DS with a 3D gimmick that barely work. I've tried it out in stores, but I only managed to perceive the 3D effect when I was very still. A majority of the 3DS' games are just for kids anyway. The only games that I remember being above 'T' were Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Metal Gear Solid 3. I might eventually get a 3DS when the price drops even lower because MGS3 would be interesting to see in 3D and I might actually get into Zelda with the 3DS version of OoT... (I could never get into Zelda for some reason and the N64 controller is goddamn torture device for hands.)
    I tried it out and I turned the 3D off, it's not for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post

Sig by Smashguy

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    hi

get both, but the 3ds first.

more promising line-up along with a good lineup already (switch force, Super mario land, mario kart, pushmo, swapnote, much more) and judging by psp's track record i don't know if it would be a good idea to get a vita right when it comes out ( I already have a 3DS So im gettin a vita day 1.)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    more promising line-up along with a good lineup already (switch force, Super mario land, mario kart, pushmo, swapnote, much more) and judging by psp's track record i don't know if it would be a good idea to get a vita right when it comes out ( I already have a 3DS So im gettin a vita day 1.)
    Blame hackers and piracy for that. But ya, again the promising line-up is suspectable to what people like and don't like. I think it's shit right now. You also listed 2 games that have been made 10x over as a good line up. If you enjoy remakes of old games or constant releases of the same game, by all means. The 3ds is for those people.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ive got a 3ds and i only play ds games on it as there aint any good 3ds games out (well mario and mario kart but that about it for now)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast