Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Sales finally go up! ...by 267 sales.

This is a discussion on Sales finally go up! ...by 267 sales. within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by LAWLZilla in america i doupt it will sell anymore than it is in japen no one in ...

  1. #21
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    in america i doupt it will sell anymore than it is in japen no one in the usa is stupid enough to dish out 350 for a portable device
    Well seeing how the WiFi only model is $250 and the WiFi with 3G is only $300 .... and what teh VITA can do ... it's not stupid. Especially when the price isn't $350 like you said.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  2. #22
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Well seeing how the WiFi only model is $250 and the WiFi with 3G is only $300 .... and what teh VITA can do ... it's not stupid. Especially when the price isn't $350 like you said.
    In all fairness, it was probably a typo, because he damn well failed to spell most of the other words in his posts.

  3. #23
    Lvl 3 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    101
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    It isn't even available in the US or EU yet. :stare:
    I think your sarcasm detector might be broken.

  4. #24
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    Vita is stupid. PSP is stupid.

    The only reason the 3ds is selling more is people know the games will be good forever (mario kart/mario land) while games like uncharted:ga you play through once and never touch it again which isnt what a mobile game should be
    Actually, Mario games have less longetivity than Uncharted ones. You just seem to think otherwise because you've been paying for the same Mario game every 2-3 years for a different console, but they last you less.

    Take your head out of Miyamoto's ass for once lol.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  5. #25
    PRO Member
    Gauss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Reputation
    98

    The little damage control done by Sony Europe has more than a few nuggets of truth in there, system sales are always dictated by software (just use brain!), and some portion of these VITA sales issues are caused by the fact that the launch library was very... western. There weren't alot of good, staple hardcore games that would appeal to your typical JP player.

    As anyone who has been over there will tell you they have adopted western culture and their younger generation really loves it, but its still an adaptation of it. Its not like the Pocky-eating, anime-loving, 4chan-jerking-off guys who curse the roundness of their eyes over here, its very much a movement that takes western style and culture and adapts it through their viewpoint.

    Reason I bring this up is the JP crowd isn't going to inherently flock to everything western, they are still looking for things they appreciate and understand. Something like Uncharted isn't implicitly a bad game in their eyes (atleast if they are being reasonable), but it doesn't necessarily appeal to their type of story-telling because of its heavy western influence (the adventure serial is very much a western-story). Its not any different than how many Japanese character archetypes aren't inherently understood by the average American or European (yup, even Mexico/Canada/etc).

    Its the unfortunate reality of modern-gaming, as gaming evolves as an artform its going to become more cultural/sub-cultural when it comes to popularity with only the occasional universal home-run. There will always be avid/hardcore gamers who will appreciate things as games regardless, but we will never be a driving force for popularity.

    Its also worth-while to note that many of the hiccups encountered by the Japanese launch from a hardware standpoint will be fixed by the time the VITA hits US/EU/AU shores.

    That being said, I think IGN's editorial a few weeks back speaks more toward a problem that shouldn't be ignored. There just isn't alot of excitement for the VITA right now. Its been a very under-hyped, under-advertised machine. Couple that with the bad price-points of the Memory cards and you have a large consumer base that really isn't interested in the VITA right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    name me one time where i said the vita was terrible.
    He said you have made frequent threads to shit on it and implied it was doomed.

    You're being thick if you think you haven't said this in multiple news threads about the VITA's launch issues.

    Just own up to what you say, if you believe it no reason not to.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.


    Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

  6. #26
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

    He said you have made frequent threads to shit on it and implied it was doomed.

    You're being thick if you think you haven't said this in multiple news threads about the VITA's launch issues.

    Just own up to what you say, if you believe it no reason not to.

    i have not implied they were doomed.

    i just post news article i find. all the good ones are usually posted already so yea


    i post cool stuff like this:

    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...-homebrew.html

  7. #27
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i have not implied they were doomed.

    i just post news article i find. all the good ones are usually posted already so yea


    i post cool stuff like this:

    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...-homebrew.html
    Really tempted to call you out on some bullshit right there, but I just know you'll go into wounded cat mode and just bullshit endlessly before disappearing all together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO