Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sales finally go up! ...by 267 sales.

This is a discussion on Sales finally go up! ...by 267 sales. within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Gamasutra - News - Vita sales flat in Japan as 3DS surge continues In a week devoid of new software ...

INTJ

Sales finally go up! ...by 267 sales.

Gamasutra - News - Vita sales flat in Japan as 3DS surge continues

In a week devoid of new software releases, Japanese consumers continued to snatch up Nintendo's 3DS console, while Sony's new Vita remains flat.

According to tracking firm Media Create, 3DS sales jumped from 197,952 to 240,819 in the week ending January 8, putting lifetime sales in the region just past 4.5 million.

Sales of Sony's Vita, meanwhile, stayed flat, its 42,915 sales just slightly above the prior week's 42,648. Media Create's estimates put life-to-date sales as of January 8 at 482,901, but Sony itself said the following day that sales had broken the 500,000 mark.

For software, the sales charts were topped by four 3DS titles, namely Nintendo's Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, Capcom's Monster Hunter 3G, and Level-5's Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark, according to a translation on the NeoGAF forums. With the exception of Inazuma Eleven, all of these titles are now million-sellers.

The Vita meanwhile continues its struggle to sell retail games: no titles managed to crack the top twenty, which saw all but four titles represented by Nintendo's three current systems. It should be noted however that Media Create tracks only physical retail sales, and not potential digital sales for the console, which sees all titles released in both formats simultaneously.

meanwhile in damage control land

Plats-O'-War!!

Simply put: The 3DS has cornered the market, and until the Vita releases some games that will be appealing to people, it will never sell as projected.

Retired

3DS had a rough start when it got outsold by a 6 year old system and now Vita is being outsold by this. Rough start for Vita.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    3DS had a rough start when it got outsold by a 6 year old system and now Vita is being outsold by this. Rough start for Vita.
    Hey, what are you doing writing something sensible in one of Ps360's "shit on the Vita" threads? Don't you realize the Vita is doomed? Dooomed!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post
    Hey, what are you doing writing something sensible in one of Ps360's "shit on the Vita" threads? Don't you realize the Vita is doomed? Dooomed!
    name me one time where i said the vita was terrible.

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    teh vita is f*cking terr1bl3.
    There, you said it

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post
    It isn't even available in the US or EU yet. :stare:

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legendary...Nuff Said

I think all of this, "Vita is doomed!" shit is just overreaction. Why is it not selling well? Because Nintendo rules in Japan, it always has and it always will. Additionally, the launch titles themselves aren't really up to snuff. There are only 2-3 really big name releases that people would want to have their hands on, but looking a few months into the future, the Vita will be packed with awesome AAA (and mainstream) releases that people know about and will want to play.

Also, the reason that 3DS games are selling better than Vita games is because more people have the 3DS than the Vita, ergo more people will be buying its games... Duh.

I say the slow start isn't really all too much of a worry. Once the device goes global, sales will go up, and then sales will continue to rise when other games start to come out for it, such as Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, etc.

The only real downside to the device is the whole fiasco about having to buy your own memory card separately. Otherwise, nothing, not even the price, is an issue. Actually, I find the price to be rather generous. We're getting PS3 quality things on the go, but for half the price of what the PS3 originally was.

All I know is that I'll be someone who does get his hands on the device, no matter what the sales are.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Indie Game Developer

Especially since a lot of the launch games for the vita are mostly geared to a western audience. If there was a Monster Hunter game available at launch, you can be sure these numbers would be way different. Lets wait until this thing releases in the US and has a few months under it's belt.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Buy my book, Alteration

The Vita's not even out in the US and EU. Maybe sales will go up a tad more when it does.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

3DS had the same problem in sales when it first released I think a year ago now ( don't remember) so its kind of common Vita sales hasn't Skyrocketed just yet ( remember that 3DS and Vita are competing against other handheld devices; especially in this economy).

So 3DS is doing well, big deal, its gotten good because Nintendo finally released some great games since LOZ: OOT. And then Vita has LOTS of Tech. then its cousin so we expect lot of news with Vita to come. Baby steps.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    The Vita's not even out in the US and EU. Maybe sales will go up a tad more when it does.
    LOL exactly! I mean seriously. Vita's sales might go up a lil' bit when they do release it in the US and EU.
    Maybe the should speed up the release a bit
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Go Blue Jackets!!

Vita is stupid. PSP is stupid.

The only reason the 3ds is selling more is people know the games will be good forever (mario kart/mario land) while games like uncharted:ga you play through once and never touch it again which isnt what a mobile game should be

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I think all of this, "Vita is doomed!" shit is just overreaction. Why is it not selling well? Because Nintendo rules in Japan, it always has and it always will. Additionally, the launch titles themselves aren't really up to snuff. There are only 2-3 really big name releases that people would want to have their hands on, but looking a few months into the future, the Vita will be packed with awesome AAA (and mainstream) releases that people know about and will want to play.

Also, the reason that 3DS games are selling better than Vita games is because more people have the 3DS than the Vita, ergo more people will be buying its games... Duh.

I say the slow start isn't really all too much of a worry. Once the device goes global, sales will go up, and then sales will continue to rise when other games start to come out for it, such as Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, etc.

The only real downside to the device is the whole fiasco about having to buy your own memory card separately. Otherwise, nothing, not even the price, is an issue. Actually, I find the price to be rather generous. We're getting PS3 quality things on the go, but for half the price of what the PS3 originally was.

All I know is that I'll be someone who does get his hands on the device, no matter what the sales are.
    Also the 3DS games are Mario, Mario Kart and monster Hunter vs. Uncharted and Modnation Racers. Of course in Japan (where Monster Hunter basically saved the PSP) the SW sales are going to be huge.

If Monster Hunter came out for Vita instead of 3DS (and I think Sony should have fought to keep that game exclusive) then Vita numbers would be crushing the 3ds. It is a simple truth.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

I've had my hands on a Vita today at the Vita rooms and was very impressed.I've even preordered 1its a great little machine.I dont see many if any problems with it.Join me an preorder it now

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    in america i doupt it will sell anymore than it is in japen no one in the usa is stupid enough to dish out 350 for a portable device
    they are dumb enough to pay for ipad though

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by dividsmythe View Post
    I've had my hands on a Vita today at the Vita rooms and was very impressed.I've even preordered 1its a great little machine.I dont see many if any problems with it.Join me an preorder it now
    See that is the difference. When I first heard about the 3ds I was so excited then I actually got to play it and immediately canceled my preorder because of how the 3d fucked with my eyes (I eventually bought one off of Kijiji for 100$ with 4 games and just play with the 3d off)

The Vita though I wasn't all that excited for until I got a chance to play it and that turned me around. Getting to play Uncharted, LittleBig, Resistance, Gravity Daze, Little Deviants etc. I realized not only how good the handheld was but how great the SW is for it.

The Vita is worth 250, the 3ds was worth 100$ plus 4 games.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Prayer Warrior

in america i doupt it will sell anymore than it is in japen no one in the usa is stupid enough to dish out 350 for a portable device
    despite what you may think there will ALWAYS be people dumb enough to do anything and everything so don't say "no one" in the usa because we have more than enough idiots here and you should know that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    name me one time where i said the vita was terrible.

seriously????? you've done nothing BUT dump on the vita since its announcement

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    See that is the difference. When I first heard about the 3ds I was so excited then I actually got to play it and immediately canceled my preorder because of how the 3d fucked with my eyes (I eventually bought one off of Kijiji for 100$ with 4 games and just play with the 3d off)

The Vita though I wasn't all that excited for until I got a chance to play it and that turned me around. Getting to play Uncharted, LittleBig, Resistance, Gravity Daze, Little Deviants etc. I realized not only how good the handheld was but how great the SW is for it.

The Vita is worth 250, the 3ds was worth 100$ plus 4 games.
    that says it all really but I cant comment on 3ds as I've never played it yet but also not interested.I wasnt interested in psp either never played 1 of those either.I played a vita before psp LOL

Lvl 8 - Gold

Vita is stupid. PSP is stupid.

The only reason the 3ds is selling more is people know the games will be good forever (mario kart/mario land) while games like uncharted:ga you play through once and never touch it again which isnt what a mobile game should be

Yeah, not even going to bother with this stupidity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast