Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

insane asian guy plays The vita and 3DS to compare battery life

This is a discussion on insane asian guy plays The vita and 3DS to compare battery life within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Raebus Don't have to be a doctor to have an opinion on someones sanity Ain't that the ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Don't have to be a doctor to have an opinion on someones sanity
    Ain't that the truth
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Prayer Warrior

i'm more than happy with a 4 hour battery life. there's no way in the world i see myself somewhere that i will be using this thing and have it crap out on me because i couldn't charge it. rather it's a car charger or in the wall i'll probably always be around somewhere to charge it. so this stupid "test" means nothing to me.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i'm more than happy with a 4 hour battery life. there's no way in the world i see myself somewhere that i will be using this thing and have it crap out on me because i couldn't charge it. rather it's a car charger or in the wall i'll probably always be around somewhere to charge it. so this stupid "test" means nothing to me.
    To some people it really matters. The only time I could see it being a problem is if you are doing an overseas flight (like I will be in May). But do you really need to play videogames 9 hours straight

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    Great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    To some people it really matters. The only time I could see it being a problem is if you are doing an overseas flight (like I will be in May). But do you really need to play videogames 9 hours straight
    Which isn't even the case anymore. The past 3 flights I've taken the past 2 months, there has been outlets on all rows for the passengers. So unless you find yourself flying on an outdated airliner, there is no excuse. So in all honestly, anyone that complains over a battery that lasts for anything over 3 hours, is a fking moron and needs to look around.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    i was hoping the vita would last a bit longer than 4 hours =/
    It did, it lasted 4 hours and 4 minutes

Sure, the extra 53 minutes or so of battery life offered by the 3DS is nice, but seriously, how often do you think you'll be playing on a handheld for more than 4 hours without access to a power supply? The only times I can think of is while on an international flight or camping out in the bush.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Vive La Révelation!

Ok so theses days they make laptops that can last up to twelve hrs on one charge. Tell me why can’t they get more then four hrs out of this little handheld??
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

The One and Only

Maybe they need to increase the amount of power the battery can hold nowadays

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX View Post
    Ok so theses days they make laptops that can last up to twelve hrs on one charge. Tell me why can’t they get more then four hrs out of this little handheld??
    The size of the batteries sure are different, that may be one of the reasons ._.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a Vita (nope, not tired of saying that yet ) and have yet to experience any problems because of the somewhat limited battery life. As others have said, you're always near an outlet - even on many flights.

Before you think about springing for the external battery pack, you could also consider that since the Vita charges through USB (in fact, the charging cable that comes with it is a USB cable that then goes into an AC adapter) you can always use one battery to charge another: plug it into your laptop to charge it. Many laptops, mine included, has one USB port that lets you charge devices even when the laptop itself is turned off.

Of course this means you trade being able to use the laptop with being able to use the Vita, but for some people and some situations, that can be worth it!

Lvl 9 - Gold

But isn't the point of a handheld to charge it all night so next day you go out you don't have to worry about the battery? How big is the charger anyway?
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX View Post
    Now if you just let it sit idle on the lowest settings and possibly set it to hibernate, I'm sure you can get 12 hours out of those laptops. But if you are searching the web, playing games, etc. I highly doubt you can get 12 hours out of those laptops without needing an outside source. Lets not forget the battery itself is way bigger than the Vita, and the Vita's battery is what.. 1/10th the size? Now, for the same situation for the PSP and Vita. If you let it run idle, or even play music while in standby mode, supposedly you can get 9 hours out of it or more if no music. But just to be a smart ass, name me one phone or tablet that can constantly game and last 5 hours or longer... I don't know of any. My phone on a network and playing 3ds style games will chew up my battery in about 3 1/2 hours before I'm at 10-15%.

Now I love how stupid IGN is, but oh well. IGN did a test here. How Good is the PS Vita's Battery Life? - IGN

The system had Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled with the screen brightness set to 75%.

From then until the battery eventually died, we played several hours of Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Little Deviants, as well as browsed the web and downloaded apps, demos and games from the PSN store. The system was periodically put on standby or left idle, but never fully powered down. We observed the following progression on the battery indicator.

* 1 Hour: 100%
    * 1 Hour, 10 Minutes: 85%
    * 2 Hours, 26 Minutes: 50%
    * 3 Hours, 29 Minutes: 25%
    * 4 Hours, 33 Minutes: 10% - 15%
    * 4 Hours, 44 Minutes: Battery Depleted
    Notice whats in bold and how long it took to deplete the battery. Now read a list that Sony revealed to us awhile back.

Sony Reveals PS Vita Hardware Specs & Battery Life

# Game – Approx. 3~5 hours (with no network connection)
    # Video – Approx. 5 hours
    # Music (in stand-by mode) – Approx. 9 hours
    They had the wifi and bluetooth on. And after hours of gaming, surfing the net, etc. They managed to get 4 hours and 44minutes out of the psp2? Unless they got some other list from Sony that revealed otherwise information. Or they left out other information. They hit the parameters just fine. Lets not forget it was also the first charge, the first charge usually doesn't last that long from my experience.

But anyways, for all the cry-babies that seem to think we live in the stone age now... Sony PS Vita Battery Life To Be Extended To 15-Hours | PSP World

Your problems will be solved with this. Although as said above, I can't possibly see why anyone would need this in the world we live in today.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'd rather have a Vita instead of a DS with a shitty 3D gimmick and a library of re-hashed games that weren't that good in their first iteration. (Y U NO REMAKE SUPER METROID!?)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I'd rather have a Vita instead of a DS with a shitty 3D gimmick and a library of re-hashed games that weren't that good in their first iteration. (Y U NO REMAKE SUPER METROID!?)
    To be fair there is a lot of launch games that are long going franchises.

PRO Member

I agree with most as 4 hours of straight gaming isn't terrible. Obviously it's going to last longer if you're gaming for a few hours, power off, come back to later. I don't see it as a problem at all. Yeah, it would be nice to have a longer lasting battery, but people really need to take breaks every so often anyway.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Yes... <_<

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    The past 3 flights I've taken the past 2 months, there has been outlets on all rows for the passengers.
    delta doesn't have outlets (but they make up for it for airline tv)

i am going to boston this year for pax east 11 and it's around a 5 hour flight (not counting the 30 minute flight to Atlanta from JAX and delays) so yea.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    delta doesn't have outlets (but they make up for it for airline tv)

i am going to boston this year for pax east 11 and it's around a 5 hour flight (not counting the 30 minute flight to Atlanta from JAX and delays) so yea.
    Umm, Delta does have in flight power outlets. Where did you come up with that BS? But anyways, Between the 40mins - 1 hour you must keep your electronic devices turned off while on the flight, power outlets, power outlets and charging stations inside the airport, and a 4 1/2 hour or longer charge with all wifi and 3g turned off. It's a safe bet you won't have a problem and are just bitching to bitch. Lets not forget you can take a netbook or something or a cheap portable charger incase you really run into a issue. But given the situation, that's overkill.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Are you mocking his endurance?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12