Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sony tries to put a happy spin on the sales decline

This is a discussion on Sony tries to put a happy spin on the sales decline within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The psp has sold over 70 million, thats right 70 million, the psp was basically abandoned by SONY who admitted ...

PRO Member

The psp has sold over 70 million, thats right 70 million, the psp was basically abandoned by SONY who admitted the made some key mistakes with support and still sold over 70 million.

The Vita is an amazing piece of technology, that has more uses, more possiblilities then the psp ever had or dreamed of. The 3DS is now outpacing the DS but rememeber all the alarms omg Nintendo isnt selling OMG, goes from 249 to 169 and is now there biggest seller.

No it all depends on support and if they can find some killer apps for it besides gaming etc netflix etc

I say with full confidence that the Vita is here to stay and will be the hand helds of hand helds

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    but once in a while it would be nice to see some good news don't have to be good news about Sony just good news in general
    No offense, but do you watch your local news, ever? Most of the news is negative even when non-gaming related.

PRO Member

Isn't the whole world having money problems?

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Anthnytdwg View Post
    Isn't the whole world having money problems?
    Not everybody, the Asian markets are doing well. Besides, unless the entire economy collapses (something like a 15-18%+ unemployment rate, or total crash of a major currency), video games will always do well. Video games are pretty much the male demographic equivalent of lipstick in "The Lipstick Effect."

---

On topic, should we be surprised that a Sony public relations spokesperson is saying positive things about his company's product? I'd love to see the world in which a person who works for a multi-billion dollar conglomerate comes out and says bad things about the people who sign their checks.

I'm not going to go all chicken little and declare the sky to be falling until the PlayStation Vita launches in Europe and the US. It's been a long time since a console's survivability relied on a single market in order to succeed.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 8 - Gold

I will say, expect PSVita sales to perk up some when the Tales of game is released.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No offense, but do you watch your local news, ever? Most of the news is negative even when non-gaming related.
    well how do i put this...yes i watch news -___- but honestly how often do you see one of PS360 news post being about the economic crisis...the election coming up.... the cruise ship that just wrecked..troops leaving Afganistan etc. ...yeah its really not that often is it? ... why? because most of his/her post are mainly about the gaming area which is fine with me to be honest (this is a site focused on gaming things after all )...now i know most of the things happening may be crap but don't start saying there is never anything positive to talk about

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Nobody is saying the VITA > 3DS anymore though, atleast not Dr. Mayus or most other people who believe the VITA still has potential to succeed. I'm not sure many of them said that in the first place (in regards to commercial success), most of the trustable sources of information (i.e. non-fanboys) who were optimistic just said the VITA had the opportunity to succeed and take foothold in the market. It was always going to have an uphill battle though, Nintendo has a big brand name to over-come.

Now we may also be speaking in the sense of the anticipated quality system, not in sales, when talking about VITA > 3DS. That presents in and of itself a different evaluation of which sales has no meaning. I think we can all agree that sales are indicative of popularity and when we say something is better than something else (what > implies here) we are talking about quality. Well then sales aren't going to do anything for you as quality and popularity aren't correlated.

The most popular actually tends to be average in quality because quality is subjective and/or expensive, both of which naturally create pockets of exclusivity. Using some examples: Watches, Cars, Houses, Food, PCs, etc are all in the same boat of high quality = high price tag. Music, movies, etc are all in the same boat of high quality = highly subjective. There are some exceptions in certain situations and some outliers within situations that follow these trends, but the trends still don't lie. Quality and popularity are not correlated.

And actually sales of the system will never pick up without 'gamez.' Without a good software library, no game system will ever sell regardless of price.

As many analysts have said, and I would tend to agree with, the VITA's library is very western and has tapered off a bit as launch titles have become launch window titles.
    Most of the posts he and many others (like Oxymoron) have made on Ps360's "I love the 3DS and hate VITA" threads in which they argue as to why the 3DS isn't worth buying and why the VITa is worth buying consist of "VITA has games! New games! Not rehashed games! NEW and GOOD games on release!11!!".

Regarding the "no games = no sales", the Wii is a huge success, even withouth many good games (I can only think of about 6 good games out of their 1000+ library).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Most of the posts he and many others (like Oxymoron) have made on Ps360's "I love the 3DS and hate VITA" threads in which they argue as to why the 3DS isn't worth buying and why the VITa is worth buying consist of "VITA has games! New games! Not rehashed games! NEW and GOOD games on release!11!!".

Regarding the "no games = no sales", the Wii is a huge success, even withouth many good games (I can only think of about 6 good games out of their 1000+ library).
    I've really not posted in many of PS360's topics about the Vita, in fact from what I remember this is the only one of PS360's I've posted in.

And that was just to say that the sales of the vita will probably jump up when the Tales of game is released...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I've really not posted in many of PS360's topics about the Vita, in fact from what I remember this is the only one of PS360's I've posted in.

And that was just to say that the sales of the vita will probably jump up when the Tales of game is released...
    I recall you and I arguing about the VITA's launch games. You saying they had a lot of 'good' games linked up at release and me telling you that most of them would probably not see the light of day when the VITA got released, but later.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I recall you and I arguing about the VITA's launch games. You saying they had a lot of 'good' games linked up at release and me telling you that most of them would probably not see the light of day when the VITA got released, but later.
    That's hardly the same thing though really is it?

Also might I point out, I was right in that one as well . All but 2 games saw the stated launch release. Or 1 I can't remember exactly now. And the same is set for the western release.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    That's hardly the same thing though really is it?

Also might I point out, I was right in that one as well . All but 2 games saw the stated launch release. Or 1 I can't remember exactly now. And the same is set for the western release.
    There's little difference .

Well, I ain't really sure since I haven't checked any release dates for I'm not interested, but I'll take your word for it then.

Toggle Spoiler

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    I have read a few good posts by PS360 some very interesting
    Were the good posts related to Sony?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Not everybody, the Asian markets are doing well. Besides, unless the entire economy collapses (something like a 15-18%+ unemployment rate, or total crash of a major currency), video games will always do well. Video games are pretty much the male demographic equivalent of lipstick in "The Lipstick Effect."
    According to the BBC, even the asian markets are down. The big importers, aka US and EU, have to cut back, therefore the exporters suffer as well.

PRO Member

Games that you and I consider good, probably not, but for the audience the Wii targets games like Just Dance are fucking magical. Not to mention the Wii is also targeting an audience that spends 10-30% of what the typical "hardcore" gamer does on games. Those two things together means it needs a smaller library of good software to sustain itself.

I am talking about staying power too when it comes to sales, you will always get a big day-1 spike of people buying on potential because they are a fan or think the system will be good or are looking ahead or whatever. Long-term though you need a good software library to sustain anything.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 5 - Silver

The solution is easy. Make it for $150-$200 and you will see how the sale will increase. Its TOOO expensive IMO
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    The solution is easy. Make it for $150-$200 and you will see how the sale will increase. Its TOOO expensive IMO

they would prob lose money on each sale if its that low, just have a look at the TV companies now and see how they are bitching bout the flatscreens

Sig by Apokolypz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12