Page 383 of 385 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385 LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 7687

Post Your New PS3 Platinum Trophy!

This is a discussion on Post Your New PS3 Platinum Trophy! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Plat #34 Need for Speed Rivals...

Judgement by Blaster

Plat #34
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the awesome Sig.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #104, PS3 Platinum #76 and God Of War Platinum #6 - God Of War: Ascension - Champion Of The Gods

There's a heat wave in Southern California right now. I bring it up because the heat does a real number on my PS3. My PS4 can handle the heat pretty well, but the older system sounds like jet right now after just completing this game. Hell, even my PC has started to overheat as I type this. But summer can't get in the way of my renewed trophy hunt.

I stayed away from this game for quite some time. I heard it wasn't a very good game. They added online play. They changed the fighting system just enough to turn it into a chore. And they even screw you on the typical sex scene (or not screw you as the case may be). But even more than that, this game was a 35GB download! That's Destiny territory right there, on the PS4.

So before I could even try this game, I needed to free some space. I had that done. Then I had to download the beast. It took nearly 2 days to download, install and patch the thing. Crazy. If there is one thing I miss on the PS4 when I play the PS3, it's the download and install method. Much much smoother on the PS4.

Anyway, I found out the online trophy (just one!) only required me to play the tutorial. I got that out of the way and dug into hard mode, which was a slog. I can see why the complaints were there. The game wasn't exceptionally hard, it just felt like a chore the whole time. You never feel powerful like in the other games. Here, it just feels like you repeat the same sequence until you just get by, then die and repeat on the next one. Even some of the jumping puzzles were tedious and silly.

Anyway, I got it all done in one playthrough and now I can go through the process of deleting the hog from my system. 6 GOW platinums done. Only WWE and LEGO claim more of my collection than that.

Dull Ember

#38 Arkham Asylum

PRO Member

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #106 and PS3 Platinum #77 - Darksiders - BFA

After dipping into my Vita to get Uncharted: Golden Abyss completed, I went back to my PS3 to dig up another old game that Plus gave us many moons ago. In fact, I installed this game back in January of 2013. And going by that timeframe, I can see how this one slipped through the cracks.

This was a THQ game, and at that point in time I had been screwed over by THQ's servers for WWE '13. I had my progress wiped for that game online in December, which forced me to hold off on that platinum for well over a year. And it would have soured me on playing any more of their games. I'm surprised I even downloaded it.

But I did, and having just played God Of War: Ascension, this game felt very familiar. Not to mention the references to a Black Hammer and Voidwalker kinda made me think of Destiny. Overall, the game was pretty easy, but had some frustrating moments along the way. Having to grind out a bunch of XP and rubber banding a controller for horse riding was kind of silly, but didn't take too long. And the boss battle at the end was a joke.

Glad I got it done, but also glad to have 10 more gigs off my PS3. Oh, and glad to reach Trophy Level 29!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #107 & PS3 Platinum #78 - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments - Perfectionist

Back again! This time, it's a more recent addition to the instant game collection. It was released on both PS3 and PS4, but only the PS3 version was given away. Honestly, this is one "game" that doesn't need the graphics upgrade (though I miss other PS4 benefits like faster load times).

Anyhoo, if you like solving lockpicking puzzles, easy as hell quick time events, and mind numbing interview segments, this is the game for you.

Side note, this is the 3rd platinum, and 4th trophy overall that I have named "Perfectionist." Of course, that's nothing compared to my 14 platinums that are simply named "platinum" and the 8 names "Platinum Trophy" (At least Bioshock Infinite named their trophy "Platinum Columbia")

Dull Ember

#39 Assassins Creed 2

#40 Bayonetta

Lvl 5 - Silver

de Blob 2

Platinum Trophy

Platinum #163

Lvl 4 - Silver

Proudly presenting my 17th Platinum...

Odin Sphere

Cool game. Never played the PlayStation 2 version. Glad to have the chance to play on PS3.

The Deathly Rhythm

Plat #33 - Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #110 & PS3 Platinum #79 - Jeopardy! - Jeopardy! Fanatic

22 Months. This game took me 22 months to complete. Not because it's hard, not because of a massively long or complicated grind, but because of just how boring it is. You need to win 50 games, which is a bit of a grind. But it's more the fact that each game takes way too long. The pace of the game is just horrible. I mean, it has the same pace as the actual show! I guess in that way it's realistic, but it makes it quite the chore. Anyway, enough of that.
    Last edited by TheScott75; 08-10-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

My 18th...

Lost Dimension

All Complete

I also passed the 1000 total Trophy mark while working on this.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Odin Sphere

I would have bought the PS4 and PS VITA versions if they didn't share the same trophy list.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Congrats! Nice to see a fellow Odin Sphere Platinum. It's a very pretty Platinum too.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #111 and PS3 Platinum #80 - Puppeteer - Best Actor

For many of you, this game is part of your PS Plus collection. Back in early 2014 Sony put this fun little platformer on the Plus list. But for me, it came a couple months late. I bought it shortly before it became free. While annoying at the time, it proved to be a blessing as my Plus subscription ran out, leaving me with a lot fewer options. But thanks to my purchase of this game, it's one of those that got shot to the top of my to do list.

Puppeteer is a mix of LEGO games and LittleBigPlanet. The only trouble with the game is that you really need to go through every level with a fine toothed comb because of all the hidden stuff you have to find and collect. But the game isn't all that long and while repeating levels isn't the greatest thing in the world, it's not a game I grew tired of.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

World in Flames

Platinum #164

PRO Member

Dragon's Crown
    Dragon's Crown
    Earn all trophies!

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

got a few my 60th is lego harry potter years 5-7 my 59th was lego batman 2 and my 58th was south park sot on ps4, my last plat in my current home, wonder what my 1st plat will be in my new home, wait and see lol

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #112 & PS3 Platinum #81 - Alice: Madness Returns - Platinum For All Other Trophies

Lvl 10 - Platinum

DEAD SPACE 2

I did not realize what I was getting myself into when I started my Hardcore run. Good thing I went through the game twice before that and knew what needed to be done. It's also the Wayne Gretzky of my platinum collection.

Toggle Spoiler