Square Enix registers trademark, website for Final Fantasy Dimensions

This is a discussion on Square Enix registers trademark, website for Final Fantasy Dimensions within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; t seems that Square Enix may have a new Final Fantasy game in the works. NeoGAF member “miladesn” has found ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Square Enix registers trademark, website for Final Fantasy Dimensions

t seems that Square Enix may have a new Final Fantasy game in the works. NeoGAF member “miladesn” has found a U.S. and European trademark for a mystery title called “Final Fantasy Dimensions”. The name was filed on January 16.

Interestingly, Square Enix has also acquired a website for “Final Fantasy Dimensions”. Aquick lookup of the domain reveals that Square Enix owns FinalFantasyDimensions.com.

Unless this is some sort of name for an upcoming Final Fantasy localization, it appears that Square Enix has something new in store for the series.

Source
    Source: Gaming Everything » Blog Archive » Square Enix registers trademark, website for Final Fantasy Dimensions

Perhaps it is a new Final Fantasy game? Or it is an alternate title for Final Fantasy Type-0? Post your speculations what it will be.

Resident PHD

Please not another MMO

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Please not another MMO
    I so agree with you on that. lets just cross our fingers.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Nope, nothing

I hope it's not another Final Fantasy game, let them get out their backlog first!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Intresting... Can't wait to find out what Square is up to.
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Please not another MMO
    I doubt this will happen. When they announced Final Fantasy XIV, it made since, because Final Fantasy XI was a profitable venture that has a respectable fan base that would give them a shot. With the major fiasco that was Final Fantasy XIV, and all the financial setbacks that the MMO department of Square Enix has had, I doubt they'll be foolish enough to make that mistake again. But nothing Square Enix does anymore surprises me, since it seems that they have the consistency of decision making that is about as scientific as throwing darts at a ouija board.

----

When was the last time that a game was leaked by a registered web domain anyways? Square Enix registers a lot of domains and trademarks a lot of games and people are always in a fuss to determine what the hidden meaning is behind them. This is just another one of those cases, and I've seen these predetermined assumptions lead to dead ends numerous times in the past, and don't expect much if anything to come form a URL, even if it does have Final Fantasy in the title.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)