Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

What irritates you the most in games

This is a discussion on What irritates you the most in games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser collectibles that have no use and tedious grinding trophies Haha! Speaking of collectables that have no ...

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    collectibles that have no use and tedious grinding trophies
    Haha! Speaking of collectables that have no use.. Drugs and sex dolls on Saints Row, feels like a waste of time collecting them!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX View Post
    Haha! Speaking of collectables that have no use.. Drugs and sex dolls on Saints Row, feels like a waste of time collecting them!
    havent played that game but i share the sentiment. during the long collectible sessions i just listen to podcasts to minimize the pain

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Check Those Corners

dumb ai that messes you up (cough battlefield cough) and spawn killers

The Last of my Kind

My personal list:

1. Annoying Long Loading Screens - Eww I hate these, they can get very annoying, especially if you just want to do something quickly and go off or go somewhere... Funny how no one thought of this one...
    2. Freezy Gameplay - :s Hate this one, about to do something and the game freezes on you... pain
    3. Cheesy Characters - In other words, badly voiced, annoying, ass characters that you want to blast their head off, but no you have to survive a whole game with them... (YES It's you Leader of the Ular boys from JC2!)
    4. No Autosaving - very rare now, used to be quite common on the PS2....
    5. Long and Deserted Multiplayers - ...UGH
    6. People leaving from Multiplayer before you have won, thus canceling the result a.k.a Ragequitzzz... - YES ITS U FIFA10... 100 Wins.... Online...
    7. Overload of different game Difficulties - When you have to complete a game over 9000 times because the producers made 10 difficulties and you unlock the next after you've played the one below...

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

cheap ai that will either notice you no matter what you barrel stuff em they dont die or they will continuesly kill you of the bat

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There are three things that stand out for me: the first one are missable items, trophies, events, misc - basically anything you can't go back and obtain/complete. When it comes to games I'm a bit of a completionist and if I know I missed something it'll bother me to no end until I've finish it 100%. The second one are collectibles, I've always hated them, and they've been around long before the idea of having achievements/trophies. What gets me the most [regarding collectibles] is that most of them serve no purpose other than a cheap way of elongating a game's playtime. Ironically the amount of these collectibles have increased in most games nowadays because of trophies/achievements. My third one is when it requires the player to go through more than two playthroughs to plat a game - for example you'd have you play it in every difficulty to earn the specific trophy rather than stacking. There are other things I can list but those are the three that irks me the most.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Unreasonable Deus ex machina (a Latin term referring to an outside solution or force as a means of resolving a plot.)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Great thread

1. Online trophies required for platinum. DAMN YOU AC:B.
    2. Dying because of bad controls and bugs (TRU)
    3. Unskippable and mostly unpausable cutscenes.
    4. Main weapons that can't be used from short range (Enslaved, Heavenly Sword - Ninja theory really need to work on that)5. Zombie shit and other Resident Evil like stages in the middle of an unrelated normal game (Looking at you Uncharted)

And I personally love collectables, their absence can break the game for me

Lvl 4 - Silver

Collectibles...

Lvl 4 - Silver

games with online trophies are the worst (especially when the servers are deserted), and a close second being games with no trophy support at all.

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Harvester of Souls

Well given I don't have PS3 set up for net anymore atm.. say Online trophies lol. Hate them and MP based ones. >:F And games with no offline co-op for mainly co-op styled games >:F

Techinal issues would be incomplete games with faulty cameras or lots of glitchs(elder scrolls/fallout, etc).

Prolly biggest issue.. too much DLC for a game that seems incomplete as well.. when DLC shouldn't need be paid for extra sometimes. Perhaps a year later or something .. maybe six months.. something like this wouldn't be much an issue as it would continue the game. But not when releases day one(and needs be paid for) or something silly like that.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

When it says press start on title screens.............. or you can press x.
    "I trancend race hombre"
    K.P.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quick List of annoyances.

1. Missable trophy that requires you to play through most of the game again. (Fly Swatter AC II) Just let us replay a memory.
    2. Collectibles that are excessive. Good collectibles are 20 bobbleheads in Fallout 3 or Tomb Raider Anniversery, with 5- 10 per level. Bad ones are Infamous (350 Shards), AC Feathers or Flags. If there are more than 50 than you have gone to far. If you are then give us some way to at least see them on the map or find them. Batman Arkam City was horrible with some 400+ collectibles but at least you could mark them on the map.
    3. Worse are Random spawn collectibles. Put them in a place I can find them. LA Noire drive every vehicle but they only show up once in a while.
    4. Redundant task required to do way more times than is required in the game. Man of a 1000 holds in WWE was horribly boring and silly. Kill 50 people with each gun was fine or hack 50 computers in Fallout was fine and almost needed to get through the game.
    5. Cutscene before boss that has to replay everytime you restart.
    6. Bosses with a single shot kill. Any boss that can kill you with one hit is ridiculus and cheap. Spend 10 minutes on a boss with almost perfect health and they hit you one time and kill you.
    7. Cut scenes that show you doing really cool and powerful things that you can't do in the game. FF is big on this. They show the characters killing monsters in one shot and all kinds of stuff that you dont have the ability to do.
    8. Any game that requires more than 2 playthroughs. I can live with 2 but beyond that is just ridiculus.
    9. Glithcy Controls. When the character starts randomly jumping wierd places or falling off stuff or just not moving right I lose my mind.
    10. Open world games with bad fast travel abilities. Fallout was great and GTA IV was very good. Red Dead was bad as it took a long time to get the fast travel setup.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Games being too short

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Mista J

glitching and freezing up like skyrim ......lol

Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

PRO Member

Things that annoy me include:
    Bad voice acting. Graphics that look old I can handle (I grew up with an NES, after all) but bad voice acting that sounds like a monotone (read: CSI Fatal Conspiracy) always gets on my nerves.
    Ragequitters online. I saw many of these on WWE All Stars.
    People who complain because you beat them by a method that they don't use, such as all my submission wins online in EA Sports MMA.
    People that won't recommend a game to me because critics hate it or because it has a tough trophy list. I enjoy a challenge and the critics have NOTHING to do with my selection.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Things that annoy me mostly refers to AI being sucky and too hard. Mostly in relation to fighting games. I don't know why I bother with it but I REALLY suck at it yet I buy it because my friend's and I like to face each other.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by snow2288 View Post
    games with online trophies are the worst (especially when the servers are deserted), and a close second being games with no trophy support at all.
    whats wrong with games without trophy support?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    whats wrong with games without trophy support?
    Not saying there is anything wrong with them, it just annoys me to see such a good game (MGS4 for example)without them, although it is a hell of a game imo... it would have been all that much better if it had trophy support.

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

1. Freezing, Game glitches even if they are not there a lot and no game is perfect let me just say if you die in Dark souls because you are failing through the ground its no fun.
    2.Bad camera controls, sure the camera is actually one of the hardest things for a game to be good at. its still annoying.
    3.Bad AI. or glitchy AI although thats probably the same as Game glitches.
    4.Multiplayer trophies in general. All of them. Just no. give me single player.
    5.Unfair difficulty scaling

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast