Deactivating account question

This is a discussion on Deactivating account question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I reached the limit of activating my PS3 account. I want to deactivate them and then just activate it on ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Deactivating account question

I reached the limit of activating my PS3 account. I want to deactivate them and then just activate it on my current PS3. My question is, where can I do this? Does it erase all my game saves?
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Death is Awaiting....

Just go to Account Management > System Activation > PS3 System > Game or Video > Deactivate, and no it doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I reached the limit of activating my PS3 account. I want to deactivate them and then just activate it on my current PS3. My question is, where can I do this? Does it erase all my game saves?
    There is a link in the Online Instruction Manual that sends you to a page where you can deactivate all systems at one.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    Just go to Account Management > System Activation > PS3 System > Game or Video > Deactivate, and no it doesn't.
    I've activated my account and my friend's houses. Does that deactivate the accounts there as well?
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I've activated my account and my friend's houses. Does that deactivate the accounts there as well?
    Here you go. https://account.qriocity.com/pc/login.action
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 3 - Bronze

qriocity stil doesnt work, it was only yesty wen i tried, , so much for the "u can stil download games that u bought b4 the 18th nov on 5 systems", , found out its only some games, that u can still, sum will tell u u already have 2 systems activated, , i was like wtf, , lyin scum sony, , not surprised tho

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    qriocity stil doesnt work, it was only yesty wen i tried, , so much for the "u can stil download games that u bought b4 the 18th nov on 5 systems", , found out its only some games, that u can still, sum will tell u u already have 2 systems activated, , i was like wtf, , lyin scum sony, , not surprised tho
    qriocity didn't work properly but it did let you deactivate all your PS3 systems, cos that's what i did, after that you can reactivate them one by one through the console and give them a nickname on qriocity to keep track of what's what, be warned though the 5 active PS3s is only for PS3s you already had active, once you deactivate them all you're stuck with just 2.

Negator

Qriocity is the fastest way to deactivate your account across all devices, but you can only use the service once every 6 months. Keep in mind that although you can have 5 activations, content purchased after November 17th 2011 will only be available on TWO devices.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

I know this is an old thread. I didn't want to make a new thread for my question.

I have 2 ps3's and I want to trade one in to go towards my ps4 pre order. If I deactivate my account on my playstation and delete all my games I have downloaded along with the saves (I have them in the cloud) I will be all right or is there a way to deactivate the whole system.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    I know this is an old thread. I didn't want to make a new thread for my question.

I have 2 ps3's and I want to trade one in to go towards my ps4 pre order. If I deactivate my account on my playstation and delete all my games I have downloaded along with the saves (I have them in the cloud) I will be all right or is there a way to deactivate the whole system.
    You'll be good.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Negator

If it's your original console, you may also want to deactivate the video activation, as it's only available on a single console.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    If it's your original console, you may also want to deactivate the video activation, as it's only available on a single console.
    Yes it is my original console. I haven't used any video content on it. Do I still need to deactivate video content?

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post

You're also assuming that Sony will not add separate PS4 activations. There are already separate activations for the PSP/Vita and for PS3. I'm sure they will be able to add 2 activations for PS4s as well. But either way, whenever you trade in a console, you definitely want to go to Account Management on the system and Deactivate Games and Video. Just to be safe.

Lvl 3 - Bronze