Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Insomniac Games, Get Back to Work and Make Me a New Ratchet & Clank. Ready, Go.

This is a discussion on Insomniac Games, Get Back to Work and Make Me a New Ratchet & Clank. Ready, Go. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just took a screenshot for simplicity: *coughs* it's well after January 4th. Get back to work and start making me ...

Retired TGT Member

Insomniac Games, Get Back to Work and Make Me a New Ratchet & Clank. Ready, Go.

Just took a screenshot for simplicity:

*coughs* it's well after January 4th. Get back to work and start making me a sequel to Ratchet & Clank Future: a Crack in Time

Source: Happy Holidays from Insomniac! | Insomniac Games

Resident PHD

They can't they are under contract to make a game for EA now. Hopefully they will come back to Sony in the future.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

NSFW

I second that.....

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 9 - Gold

No. >:0

Ratchet & Clank is done, it's sad for us to see it go, I mean it's still to date the best game series i've ever played (the only thing i've ever actually been with since the beginning), but it had to end at some point!

A Crack In Time was a good enough ending to leave it with, and All-4-One was just a final use for it's unique play appeal.

Insomniac royally twisted-my-neck sideways with Resistance 3, I practicaly lost support with them for it, as it almost ruined a brilliant series.

For the next year, I just hope we see some decent progress with Overstrike (as well as any other new projects), especially under the guise of those c*nts over at EA.

Retired

They can make more than a game at a time.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post

Ratchet & Clank is done, it's sad for us to see it go, I mean it's still to date the best game series i've ever played (the only thing i've ever actually been with since the beginning), but it had to end at some point!

A Crack In Time was a good enough ending to leave it with, and All-4-One was just a final use for it's unique play appeal.

Insomniac royally twisted-my-neck sideways with Resistance 3, I practicaly lost support with them for it, as it almost ruined a brilliant series.

For the next year, I just hope we see some decent progress with Overstrike (as well as any other new projects), especially under the guise of those c*nts over at EA.
    R&C is done? I was not aware of this

Change is mediocre

R&C better damn well not be done

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    R&C better damn well not be done
    I honestly don't know. Bloody well hoping, though

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    R&C is done? I was not aware of this
    No, no, i'm saying it SHOULD be.

It's had a good run, along with all the other great games of the PS2 era, just the absolute best time of any gamer's life.

Never played the first 4? Buy a PS2 and get to it. 5x better than the Future series, guaranteed. ~(Although, this series began literally 10 years ago now, tastes and perspective have changed since then!)

10 games is enough anyway, geez....

Retired TGT Member

It's had a good run, along with all the other great games of the PS2 era, just the absolute best time of any gamer's life.

Never played the first 4? Buy a PS2 and get to it. 5x better than the Future series, guaranteed. ~(Although, this series began literally 10 years ago now, tastes and perspective have changed since then!)

I will definitely keep this in mind next time I'm having PS3/trophy slump, thanks.

Buy my book, Alteration

EA suddenly seems rather evil to me... I hope R&C isn't forever-dead.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

The One and Only

As much as I enjoy Ratchet and Clank, I kinds hope Hysteria is right. Ratchet and Clank has enough games, and continuing the franchise will only cause it to go downhill, like what happened to Need for Speed for example.

Besides, it's good Insomniac Games are doing other projects. I might buy the game they're working on when it releases, OverStrike was it?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Resident PHD

Or Sony could just release an HD collection

While Going Commando is my favourite of the series, Crack in Time is probably my second (and I really liked Tools of Destruction). So I wouldn't say 5x as good

I believe Insomniac is probably done and if they do come back to Sony I can see them creating a new IP instead of going back to R&C. Does that mean Ratchet is done, I don't think so. Sucker Punch isn't making the new Sly so who knows what the future holds for the Lombax.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Now we're talking

They could also redo Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank for VITA

Retired

While Going Commando is my favourite of the series, Crack in Time is probably my second (and I really liked Tools of Destruction). So I wouldn't say 5x as good

I believe Insomniac is probably done and if they do come back to Sony I can see them creating a new IP instead of going back to R&C. Does that mean Ratchet is done, I don't think so. Sucker Punch isn't making the new Sly so who knows what the future holds for the Lombax.
    We really need more original innovative platformers like Sly, Jak and Ratchet. We have great 2 platformers. We need 3 ones.

The One and Only

I love HD collections

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    We really need more original innovative platformers like Sly, Jak and Ratchet. We have great 2 platformers. We need 3 ones.
    Well really, it seems the independent developers have that covered for PSN (although, I wouldn't consider a load of remakes and ports New and original, but whatever), but I swear 3D platformers have been lacking for a while now (But I have Kirby and Metroid, so it's aaaall goood)

Michael Ancel and Ubisoft need to get a fucking move on with Beyond Good And Evil 2 and Rayman. Goddamn, we need these series back.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I love HD collections
    Personally, i'd much rather they ported R&C (AND Jak & Daxter) to PSN. Tensing the graphics up to the absolute sharpest pixel-rate is going to make the games really look like they were just PS2 games, I mean back then, they looked FAR too good to be!

Chuck Norris Approved.

I agree with Beyond good and evil 2. Beyond good and evil was overlooked and under rated, be nice to see how it turn's out.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

I canīt really see "more of the same" could last for one more title. It was one fun ride, from my childhood to know that Iīm adult. Looking more forward to new Jak and Daxter.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Platinum Procrastinator

I don't know if they'll ever make another Ratchet & Clank game but their new games does look like something I'll gladly buy. Also, I really hope they make an HD collection from the PS3 games as they were some of favorite back then.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Never played the first 4? Buy a PS2 and get to it. 5x better than the Future series, guaranteed.
    This is the only part I disagree with, I really enjoyed ToD and ACIIT more than everything but Going Commando.

I wouldn't say tastes have changed as much as I would say you have changed, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Its one of those fun perspective things though, where when you were introduced to something and how you have experienced it changes everything.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast