Should i get this game

This is a discussion on Should i get this game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Current delimma. I am currently interested in buying a game. here's the problem though, the game is a Japan Import ...

INTJ

Should i get this game

Current delimma.

I am currently interested in buying a game.

here's the problem though, the game is a Japan Import and costs around 93$ to get.

It is also In japanese, i am not able to read nor speak the language. Since i want to learn the language though i hear one of the quickest ways of learning a language is to throw yourself into it. (some people from foriegn countries learned english through games, why not the other way around?)

Reguardless of the fact though, the game has massively good reviews and is one of my favorite game genres (Rhythm/Sim games)

the game in question:
    Buy The [email protected] 2 (PS3) - Play-Asia.com

The Game is a Simulator combined with a rhythm game where you try to take these popstars and bring them to the top of fame. You manage their Excercises, Training, Auditions, concerts, etc. There's also a shitton of very VERY catchy music and the mass of DLC Packs that i am able to buy for it add onto it.

Half-way into the game you meet a rival boy band who will fight against you in festivals and shit.

It's a well recieved game. Nothing like it has ever hit the american public before so it isn't really comparable to any game we have.

some reviews:

The [email protected] 2 – Review | The Otaku's Study
    Yumii's Dream Factory: Game review: [email protected] 2

Trailer showing basic premise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOGsiBrVjM

Gameplay footage (The first four footage clips are from the training part of the game where you train the girls before the concert, then when you reach the concert is the last one. Also most of the footage was from the xbox 360 version since it was a exclusive for a while):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDq0FWLbklc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrxSMQC76I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjsd8M_-HcE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrHq...eature=related
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCz...eature=related

if i don't recieve some actual feedback ill most likely buy it. but just to be sure before i make the plunge

also on the japan psn i heard there's a demo for this but i don't know if thats true. if that is can someone let me know because i don't feel like making a JP account just for that (i will if the demo exists and stuff.)

tl;dr

this rhythm game that everyone loves in japan costs 93$ due to import, should i get it.

it's either this or i decide to spend the money on a bunch of dvd collections on internet groups i like (EIT, Mega64, etc.)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Listen to me now, just listen. Thereīs dude whoīs the author of a manga (japanese comic) known as Berserk. Is filled with all kind of stuff you find in dark fantasy genre. He have drawn over 7000 pages of greatness with little rest. Since last year summer he got his hand on the game. And HAVENīT DONE SH!T other than blogpost on this dam game. His so absorbed by it that he let the character designer be the director of his coming Berserk movie.

So if this game can make the whole male japanese demographic throw their money at the game, Iīm pretty sure is good enough for you. The only reason not to buy it is to avoid addiction.

So my whole point is, if you donīt mind starting to care (loving) deeply for 2D characters. BUY IT NOW.

Who doesnīt want a harem of idols?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 9 - Gold

EDIT: sorry double post by mistake
    Last edited by YumeOMiru; 01-22-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Listen to me now, just listen. Thereīs dude whoīs the author of a manga (japanese comic) known as Berserk. Is filled with all kind of stuff you find in dark fantasy genre. He have drawn over 7000 pages of greatness with little rest. Since last year summer he got his hand on the game. And HAVENīT DONE SH!T other than blogpost on this dam game. His so absorbed by it that he let the character designer be the director of his coming Berserk movie.

oh god this sounds hilarious when i imagine it.

from overuse of blood and guts to idolizing video game women

Lvl 9 - Gold

Isn't there an Asian edition? Those are usually cheaper. If not, then I'd strongly suggest making a JPN PSN and get the demo. It's almost $100, you don't wanna take that huge risk like that...but if you're really into it and have done your research (seems so to me), then go ahead.

But still, the demo is strongly recommended.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Kiwi Defender

Well, since your into the genre and you're a big spender anyway, I say go for it. Afterall, it's getting big reiews and like the following post I quoted proves, it seems addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Wait, really? God damn this game then.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yes, dam this game, dam it.

And, donīt bother waiting for this game to come to west. People will just whine about it being pedophile simulator like how they banned Dead or Alive. ( Oh, I luv you Sweden) .
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

INTJ

so i either wait 21 days for 4.90$ shipping

or i pay 14$ and wait around 1-3 days

fucking japan shipping

amazon JP has it for less (84$ compared to Play-asia.com's 97$) and has internationall shipping but they are fucking retarded for not using paypal

Lvl 9 - Gold

Play-asia.com is great site. Never used amazon.jp thought.
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

illegal in 9 countries

The telling score for me in the review is "Gameplay: C+".

I'd say you're pissing money against the wall if the gameplay sucks, but it's your dough to blow.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The telling score for me in the review is "Gameplay: C+".

I'd say you're pissing money against the wall if the gameplay sucks, but it's your dough to blow.
    the reviewer found it good.

also in the second review:

Total: 7/10
    I really love rhythm and music games and I'm not even close to unlocking everything in Idolmaster. So far it's been a very fun, sometimes stressful, but also very addicting game. The anime is still ongoing, so if your interested but don't want to buy the game, I recommend checking it out instead. Well, I'm off to make some superstars
    (ノ ̄ω ̄)ノ

Rhythm Game getting a 7/10 is the equivalent of A really good game getting a 9/10