This Sh!t Still Happens? - Superior 360 Armored Core V

This is a discussion on This Sh!t Still Happens? - Superior 360 Armored Core V within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Armored Core V: PS3 VS Xbox 360 -- Andriasang.com First off, this series past games where 60 FPS (frames per ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

This Sh!t Still Happens? - Superior 360 Armored Core V

Armored Core V: PS3 VS Xbox 360 -- Andriasang.com

First off, this series past games where 60 FPS (frames per second). Now they set to reach 30 FPS.
    Second, PS3 version of the game is the worse one with notably dip in performance when the action gets intense.

Thoughts on why multi games on ps3 still gets this treatment?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

INTJ

because it's easier to program on the Xbox.

The Ps3 Has memory issues and completely diffrent archetecture.

Marvin Donald, game director at Darksiders II developer Vigil, told Eurogamer the studio is forced to do "wacky stuff" on Sony's console.

"It's a pain in the ass to work on," he said. "Five years later, getting used to it? That means it's a pain in the ass.

"I'm not an engineer, but I hear about it all the time. We have to do wacky stuff with the way we manage memory."

Donald explained that the cause of Vigil's PS3 headache has to do with the memory management.

"Even as an artist, it's like, OK, my textures are too big, I'm in trouble because I checked in something that's making the 360 crash because it's a 2048 when it really should just be a 1024, or even smaller.

"But on the PlayStation 3, the assets go into different categories, and if one of those categories becomes too bloated it'll crash the system. It's a little bit more sensitive on the PS3 in that regard. There are some things you just can't do, or you have to do differently. Yeah, it's a pain."

PRO Member

It's cheaper to use the 360 as the lead console when developing. Often times this results in the PS3 version being inferior. Many developers now use the PS3 as the lead console to avoid this problem, but you need the right people to make that happen. Ultimately, it's a business decision.

Also, this is a demo, and it very unlikely that this represents the final build.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianOwl View Post
    It's cheaper to use the 360 as the lead console when developing. Often times this results in the PS3 version being inferior. Many developers now use the PS3 as the lead console to avoid this problem, but you need the right people to make that happen. Ultimately, it's a business decision.

Also, this is a demo, and it very unlikely that this represents the final build.
    "ACV targets 30 frames per second"

Seems more likely than not. If it tries to even reach 30 FPS then I have no reason to think the final product will be different.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    "ACV targets 30 frames per second"

Seems more likely than not. If it tries to even reach 30 FPS then I have no reason to think the final product will be different.

Well, despite that crowning shame, you'd think the price should be lowered for a game that will perform at practically HALF the rate as the other version.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Just an excuse for lazy developers. They want money without putting in the work.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Just an excuse for lazy developers. They want money without putting in the work.
    Pretty much this. Yes, the PS3 does indeed have memory issues, but its not particularly complex to build a game considering them.

I always find it funny when people talk about how complex the architecture is (like the SDK really requires you to tinker with the individual SPE/PPEs in-line) or make a big deal out of how it handles memory. Meanwhile a game like UC2/UC3, GoW3, FF13, etc looks better than the staple "360 visual titles." (and I know FF13 is on the 360, its also 1000x better on the PS3).

Proof is in the pudding, I can't forgive bad designing.

I don't know what causes this one to be honest, don't really care either. If they can't make this work on the PS3, well I won't consider buying it. Simple as that.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 9 - Gold

You wouldn´t be happy if a game you wanted got the same treatment as ACV.

Oh wait..........Skyrim.
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

I remember shortly after those comments just about every other developer that has developed for both consoles came out against those two.

It is just a case of utter laziness really nothing more, nothing less.