Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Magic: The Gathering

This is a discussion on Magic: The Gathering within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm a huge fan of Melissa Benson's work. Some of my other favorite artists are Anson Maddocks, Ron Spencer, Mark ...

Negator

I'm a huge fan of Melissa Benson's work. Some of my other favorite artists are Anson Maddocks, Ron Spencer, Mark Tedin & Heather Hudson.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Hardcore!!!

Sorry for the year and a half bump but Helyx PM'ed me with this thread and I do play MTG, and have decks posted on the Wizards website.

Favorite cards are Figure of Destiny and Boros Reckoner (before the Reckoner, it was Spitemare). Favorite Set was Eventide since it was the main set I made my very first deck from. Favorite mechanic would have to be Infect, Deathtouch, and Lifelink. Favorite deck build was Eventide Orzhov where I had Nip Gwyllion on turn 1 with 2 Edge of the Divinities on the Gwyllion on turn 2 and attacking for 7 and gaining 7 on turn 2. Favorite colors are Black, Red, and White (mainly Orzhov and Boros).

I currently play and currently trying build a few ultimate mono-color decks.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've been very interested in MTG cards since a few years now, but being a working man now, I could never imagine spending the money needed repeatedly on cards to be good at the game. My level of competition would have me nearly bankrupted.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by iWin4Prep View Post
    I've been very interested in MTG cards since a few years now, but being a working man now, I could never imagine spending the money needed repeatedly on cards to be good at the game. My level of competition would have me nearly bankrupted.
    an alternative to spending money on buying cards is to buy the psn games there are 4 I believe they are about 9.99 each I think

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I didn't realize there was a thread on this. I play myself. Mostly casual and it is expensive but, I never really spent a ton. As I said, I am more casual though and I've actually really favored 1 deck for the majority of my few years playing. It's a slightly modified version of the Sparkler pre con from Tempest. It's a blue/red counterburn control, really old school style deck. Control seems kind of unpopular these days though. At my LGS I've actually had people get mad at me for using such a strategy. To be fair I do feel bad sometimes and I've even become slightly burnt out on it. I've been having a hard time finding more strategies and themes I actually like though.

Lvl 7 - Gold

It's unpopular because it's unfun.

If you're really bored, try building some crazy theme decks. Like the 0 cost deck.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah, that's why I feel bad ha. I just always thought it was interesting.

Hardcore!!!

What about Zombies or Death? I did a Zombie deck and Death deck upon which I still have to modify both decks yet still, since it is version 1, both still put a hurting on them.

Trying to make a White Deck with Elspeth, Knight-Errant that I have to put together and test. I also want to make a Green deck that is powerful yet subtle with Elvish Piper.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by JagDogger View Post
    What about Zombies or Death?

I also want to make a Green deck that is powerful yet subtle with Elvish Piper.
    I had a zombie deck built around Noxious Ghoul, but I ultimately sided with Goblins over Zombies.

As for Goblins, it was a typical tribal theme with red burn for board control.

Toggle Spoiler

For the green piper deck, I decided to go for mana-ramp instead.

Toggle Spoiler

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Hardcore!!!

With all the possibilities, it is a bit hard to make a mono-green deck.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Serious question though, are the Duels games any good at all? Like, are too story driven, blocking out the fun of creating custom decks?

I don't get to play Magic due to a couple factors, mainly Money, but I want to play something of it. Maybe even something with multiplayer so I can play with my friend.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by JagDogger View Post
    With all the possibilities, it is a bit hard to make a mono-green deck.
    In 20 years, I've never had a problem making a mono-colored deck...least of all a green one.

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Serious question though, are the Duels games any good at all? Like, are too story driven, blocking out the fun of creating custom decks?

I don't get to play Magic due to a couple factors, mainly Money, but I want to play something of it. Maybe even something with multiplayer so I can play with my friend.
    The only DotP game where you can customize the deck is the newest version, and it's grossly underwhelming. Wizards of the Coast will never give us a digital wide-open MTG game where we can create any deck we desire. They'd never make money on physically printed cards ever again.

Having said that, I've enjoyed every DotP game, but 2014 is at the bottom of the list. Hopefully the DLC they plan to release will change my opinion.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ah. Okay. I just wanted an "all in the box" game for magic. How, ironic, no? I could play Magic Online, but that costs the exact same amount as physical Magic.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Ah. Okay. I just wanted an "all in the box" game for magic. How, ironic, no? I could play Magic Online, but that costs the exact same amount as physical Magic.
    Pretty much.

Wizards know they've got a firm grip on TCG, and they're determined to get paid at every turn. For now, the cheap alternative is the digital console games. It's a compact experience, but I honestly think it's worth the $10 investment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12